Thu, Oct 3, 12:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: pcf to obj

dol ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 11:31 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:17 PM

i have obj mover??rtencoder??

buth i need help to set pcf files in to obj files

the problem is with glamorous jessi,,

hope you untherstand mij inglish??thanks

logansfury ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 11:51 PM

Are you trying to encode an .obj to .pcf so you can distribute a character based on jessi, or are you trying to decode a .pcf into an .obj so you can add a new character to your poser?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 4:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sandylodge.demon.co.uk/

Instructions for decoding should be in Glamorous Jessi's readme file. In brief, you need Objaction Mover (from Sandy Lodge, see link if you don't have it). Select Decode, and enter the name of the PCF file. That should prompt you for the "seed" file which will be Jessi's OBJ in this case. Accept the default position for the decoded OBJ file unless the readme tells you to put it somewhere else.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 5:07 AM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/readme/new_readme.htm

I include step by step illustrated PCF instruction in my generic on line readme page.

dol ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 6:47 AM

thanks all,,i untherstand wat i need buth th problem is this...

this is in the  read me map... first of all je must decompress the obz to obj???

and that is a problem,whare and how??

thanks

logansfury ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 6:57 AM
  1. choose Edit > General Preferences, and click the Misc tab in the General Preferences dialog. Make sure that the option to "Use external binary morph targets" is not checked. Also,  you might want to also uncheck the "Use file compression" option in case you want to edit the file at some point.

2. load the needed jessi into the poser workspace (casual, hi res, etc) then save her back to the library. When saved back with external binary morphs OFF, she saves as an .obj not an .obz. Use this obj to decode the .pcf

Logan

dol ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 7:04 AM

this//edit// was not in the read me files,,

buth many thanks al,, for the speed  ;-)

logansfury ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 7:11 AM

glad to help :)

enjoy Glamorous Jessi!

dol ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 7:18 AM

i forgeth,,must i,, the edit funcions?? turn bag afther doing this,,or leth it stay that way,

logansfury ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 7:24 AM

I believe most P6 users leave the external morph options unchecked. Poser 6 will still read all the existing .crz and .obz in your runtime after the edit.

dol ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 8:52 AM

loganfury i dith al jo writhe,,buth i dont se the obj???

libary/character/jessy is still a obz??

help?? ;-)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 9:01 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=12831

I'd better correct you here, logansfury, sorry about that. Or, more accurately, clarify what you said. "Use external binary morph targets" controls the creation of PMD files. Most advanced users, myself included, have this switched off. Although it makes bigger files, it's impossible to use utilities like Morph Manager if you have PMDs. They can also cause trouble if they're moved or become disassociated somehow. "Use file compression" controls whether Poser creates OBZ (on) or OBJ (off). This applies to all files you save. Again, having it on means that things like UVMapper and modelling utilities won't work since they don't understand OBZs. There's an easier way to decompress a single OBZ to an OBJ. Kawecki's Poser Ungzip (in freestuff, see link) will do it directly, and is in my opinion easier to use than Poser's built in decompression Python script.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 9:04 AM

dol, I cross posted with you. Try Kawecki's Ungzip utility to make your OBJ file.

dol ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 9:28 AM

english bob ,,,ppppfffffff that is ezie :-) 

i have the files converted in 30 seconds/ts

thanks

logansfury ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 11:40 AM

I think what I advised was more helpful for getting morphs active in chars you are transferring from P6 to earlier poser platforms.

Thanks for being around to correct EB :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.