Sat, Sep 21, 12:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Summer Challenge

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 9:20 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

As the regulars know, things have been quiet in here. That's due to a few things, mainly my getting a bit busy. Anyway, aside from that, there is also the normal summer slow-down. That's right, for whatever reason, everyone wants to get out and enjoy the good weather, sunny beaches and all things summer.

And that is the theme for the Summer challenge -All things Summer. What you did with your summer, where you went, where you would have like to have been.

As always - 3D works, writing, pictures, fractals, 2D, hand-sketches, it doesn't matter, it's all welcomed in this challenge.

This challenge will end Aug 20th. So there is still time to get your thoughts together and work on the images/poems/whatever.

Winner of this challenge gets to select the theme for September’s challenge, and we get back to our normal schedules. Good luck everyone!!

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 7:44 PM

Did you  post the winner of the May challenge?

Satanimus ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2006 at 3:03 PM

Yyess....Why do people feel the need to be outside in this most disguting time of year....I mean, they get hot, dehydrated, irritated, burnt and they argue more...and yet still they hit the beaches, and moan about the sand they can't clean off, take holidays that never come upto expectations and within a week or two, they're wishing the kids were back at school already....and still they carry on...

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 8:53 AM

Summer was more fun when I was a kid.  The heat didn't bother me as much, I didn't have to worry about the cost of a vacation, the time seemed golden and endless. Being an adult is highly overrated...I don't know why I was so anxious to become one.

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:19 AM

lol. you and me both. I'd just rather be young and "act so mature" then actually be mature. ;)

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2006 at 8:46 PM

file_350162.jpg

A simply ducky summer.

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 10:30 PM

file_351065.jpg

A Walk In The Park  - UltraFractal

Fractals will always amaze me!

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 10:32 PM

Love your duckies!  They look like they are having so much fun :)

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 11:11 PM

They were getting lonely.  Love your fractal!  Gorgeous.  :)

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 10:17 AM

I'm sorry more people didn't join in.  I thought it was a good topic for a challenge.

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 11:23 PM

Quiet month. Summer is almost over and things should heat back up in here.

Guess we can let the voting begin though, as it doesn't look like there will be any more entries. :-)

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 11:57 PM

Well, I probably would have voted for tresamie even if there were twenty entries.

:)

3 points to tresamie.

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 5:24 PM

3 points for dialyn!!

Love those duckies :biggrin:

I think we should declare a tie

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 5:42 PM

IT'S A TIE!!!

:b_tonguewink:

I thought I'd save rimrummer the mathmatics.

And I can't think of anyone I'd rather be tied. with.

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 10:16 PM

lol. Yeah, that math would have gotten me. 😉

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 10:28 PM

Quote - I think we should declare a tie

I agree with them.

I could not decide who to vote for.

Anruth ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2006 at 4:54 PM

Hello there. Tie seems a good solution.

Just found this forum. Usually lurk the Bryce forum.

Have a few questions. How often do you guys run Challenges and how good do you stick to the Timeline of the challenges?

kpage_739 ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2006 at 9:00 PM

hi just wandering how this forum works is there a new challage every month or so?

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 9:52 AM

K, yes. Every month is a new challenge.

All forums / software / or talents are allowed to enter. The winner(s) of the prior month get to select the theme for the next challenge. Based  on the theme, you can submit almost anything... be it a snapshot of an Oil painting you've done for the challenge, a photograph, pottery, 3D rendering (any software) or a 2D drawing.

Kind of a melting pot of challenges. :-) 

Those are the 'official' challenges. You can also sumit your own challenge to the forum as well.

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 9:55 AM

And Hey... speaking of new Challenges. You two Tied... so if you could come up with something between the two of you via IM or whatever... and start a new thread. 🆒

If you can come up with a single common though, IM me your ideas and I'll try to blend one 😉

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 3:09 AM

We're on it!

~Vivian

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 2:14 PM

Attached Link: Link to September Challenge

file_353195.jpg

We've posted our challenge.

Rimrunner, please attach a date when all the creations need to be in. I didn't want to impose one on you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.