Fri, Sep 20, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara MacIntel version :)

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:42 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:18 AM

Thought you'd like to see the news... ------ FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DAZ Productions Introduces Carrara 5.1 for Intel-Based Macs Owners of Current Version Will Get Update to Latest Version at No Cost. SIGGRAPH Booth #2400, Boston, Mass., USA August 1, 2006 DAZ Productions, Inc., a leading developer of professional quality 3D models and software, today announced it will begin shipping Carrara 5.1 and Carrara 5.1 Pro for Intel-based Macintosh computers on August 8, 2006. Carrara 5.1 offers a robust suite of modeling, animation and rendering tools that take advantage of the Universal Binary architecture, delivering significantly improved performance over Carrara 5 running on PowerMac G4 systems. "DAZ is proud to make this important Carrara update available, enabling current and future users to fully benefit from the latest technological advances Apple has to offer," said Dan Farr, President of DAZ Productions. "We are dedicated to advancing all of our solutions and this update to Carrara 5.1 is further proof of that commitment." Carrara 5.1 for Intel-based Macs will be available as a free update for those who already own Carrara 5 or Carrara 5 Pro via download from the DAZ website. Those who upgrade to or buy a new version of Carrara 5.1 or Carrara 5.1 Pro will have the option to download the full version as native Universal Binary software. Carrara 5 is priced at $249, and Carrara 5 Pro is priced at $549. Upgrades are priced from $69. Please visit www.daz3d.com for details. About DAZ Productions Founded in 2000, DAZ Productions Inc., a privately-held company located in Draper, Utah, is a market leader in 3D software and digital content creation. The company's model library is renowned for containing high-quality 3D content at the industry's most competitive prices. DAZ also develops powerful software applications that support its content, including Bryce, a 3D environment and animation package; Carrara, a leading edge, complete 3D modeling, animation and rendering solution; DAZ|Studio, a free 3D digital art creation tool; Hexagon, a polygonal modeling software for the creation of ready-to-render' 3D models; and Mimic, a lip-synching application. DAZ's products have been used in many professional productions, television shows and print publications such as "X-Men 2," "Spiderman," "Average Joe," "48 Hours," The Wall Street Journal, Popular Science, Scientific American, and the History Channel. For more information, visit the company's website at www.daz3d.com. For more information, press only: DAZ Productions Karen Smyth +1 (650) 938-0515 x101 SIGGRAPH booth #2400 karen@eovia.com

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:51 PM

Neat! Wonder if it fixes any of the other Carrara Mac bugs, tho.... :(

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 1:27 AM

This is good!! While i'm going to buy a macbook pro...

-TOXE

Sydney_Andrews ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 1:38 AM

Any word on Hexagon? E

Ringo ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 7:45 AM

HI,

No word regarding Hexagon 2 for Mactel.

The Carrara 5.1 UB version has been under development for a while. It takes months to port  it over. 
Hexagon 2 was just release a short time ago and DAZ does have plans to have a UB version for the furure.

Quote - Any word on Hexagon? E

ayodejiosokoya ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 6:20 PM

The fact that they are working on getting the UB versions out so fast hopefully bodes well for the futures of Hex and Carrara. I really have great hopes for both pieces of software they have soo much potential. I just bought carrara 5 and it is fantastic.

winter ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 12:45 PM

...just downloaded the Intel version of Carrara. Um...it's FAST!!!!!!

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 1:25 AM

where did you download it from? (not that I have an Intel mac yet, but I'm eyeing them off) Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

winter ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 1:35 AM

Quote - where did you download it from? (not that I have an Intel mac yet, but I'm eyeing them off) Love esther

Here ya go... http://www.daz3d.com/program/carrara/carrara_5/

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 1:40 AM

thanks

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

JasenJ1 ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 6:53 AM

A few benchmarks for you (done on a 17" iMac 1.83 GHz, 512MB); all scenes are from the scene browser that comes with C5, just open and render: Special FX PalmTree: 1:14 Lava : 0:54 Lava Lamp: 1:03 Global Illumination Cornet HDRI A & B: 0:30 If you have requests, I'd be happy to take them. - Jasen.

rendererer ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 9:47 AM

Thanks for the benchmarks, Jasen. I've run the same tests on my old G4 and, well, I'm drooling for a new Mac. :-P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.