Mon, Sep 9, 6:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Blatantly Fishing for Gallery Views and comments.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 7:39 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 7:11 PM

Is it allowed to post blatant fishing for gallery views and comments here?

My Freebies

RGUS ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 7:44 PM

Why would you want to?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 7:44 PM

it appears they don't do it very often here for some reason, but I couldn't find anything in the TOS that prohibits it.

dasquid ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 10:04 PM

If you arent in a little clique of friends and friends of friends just hang it up for getting comments and hits. it just aint gonna happen. Sorry to be pessimistic but  thats how it is here.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 10:22 PM

Actually I'm just trying to generate views more than comments. Some people will look when they see this thread and many won't. Doesn't hurt to try.

My Freebies

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 12:42 AM

the best way to generate more views is to use keyword:nudity and have a thumbnail featuring giant boobs :lol: I kid you not :lol:

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 4:35 AM

What Miss Nancy said.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

tainted_heart ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 4:37 AM

Quote - Is it allowed to post blatant fishing for gallery views and comments here?

Sure, no reason why you can't.

Quote - Why would you want to?

Why not? Comments and sometimes views, can help you guage how well you're doing or how well your work is accepted. Comments can sometimes give you tips and pointers on how to improve. Face it, everyone that puts an image in the gallery is doing it to get views and comments, otherwise there would be no point in posting. Why post if you don't want your work to be seen by as many people as possible?

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!! 

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 5:22 AM

At least you're being upfront about it, which is not a problem in my book. :) If there's a particular picture you need help with, then post a link; that will make it really simple for as many people as possible to have a look.

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 7:00 AM

It's refreshingly honest.  :)

Besides, places like DeviantArt have an entire area dedicated to self-promotion.  ^^

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Sivana ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 10:26 AM

For me the comments are a good room to stay in touch with my renderfriends. It isn´t for me a real admeasurement how "stunning an image is" or who are the best artrist in town. In case of my friends here it´s a way to show that I haven seen their image of the day. Always I comment a unknowen person, I have to say something about the image becourse it is a real masterwork or a very good work of a beginner. I only comment if I´m really impressed. Here are very less artist who can live with a real cutup. It´s a pity as so we can´t learn from each other. For me, I only have learned from this few real slashers and I still want to read from them. But not only what´s wrong but also how to made it better.

But back to your topic: Do have many views is certainly a question how long you are here and how many members likes your images. If they like, they will come back nearly daily or always you post a new image. So it was in my case.....

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 11:04 AM

Quote -  Here are very less artist who can live with a real cutup. It´s a pity as so we can´t learn from each other. For me, I only have learned from this few real slashers and I still want to read from them. But not only what´s wrong but also how to made it better.

This is very true and I'm afraid it worked both ways so people started being afraid of giving honest critiques as well. 

For my last image I had to post my WIPs in another forum in order to really get help fixing it, especially the lighting.

Renderosity Gallery

MistDragon ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 2:49 PM

Well it worked, it got me to look :P

MISTDRAGON

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 5:45 PM

Quote - Well it worked, it got me to look :P

lol!!

Renderosity Gallery

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 6:24 PM

LOL. And I say thanks for looking. ;)

My Freebies

MistDragon ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 7:02 PM

YW I am waaaayyy too nosey  and curious not to look :P I might even comment later on when I have some time!

MISTDRAGON

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 8:04 PM

ask and you shall receive.

i was honest with my responses...but just view that as another thought. some i liked and some i didn't. in the ones i did like i think the poses and scene setups were good, i liked the framings...though watching an old hitchcock movie will tilt your head to interesting camera angles and possible add even more drama to a great scene.

all in all though i give you a thumbs up, keep up the good work.

regards, ray

Comitted to excellence through art.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 3:17 AM

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. All were appreciated. I do need to learn more about lighting. It's a weakpoint of mine.

My Freebies

tainted_heart ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 4:47 AM

Lighting can make or break an image. There are some good tutorials available. There are some really good free light sets for Poser amde by Traveler and others available at Runtime DNA. They can give you a good starting point and help you understand what makes good lighting "tic".

The most common mistakes newbies to Poser make are poor lighting, lack of skin texture, unrealistic or stiff poses, lack of facial expression and "dead" eyes. There is a good tutorial on e Frontier's site for making good poses by Schlabber, by the way. Studying other's work and don't be afraid to ask questions. Experiment, experiment, experiment...lol

If you want good feedback, attach an image to a post here in the forum asking for critiques. Expect brutal honesty though. Some people don't pull punches, but also expect to get good tips and pointers for improving too. That was a common practice at one time that seems to have died out quite a bit. It's still done, but not often enought. It would be a good thing to get back to.

Whatthe ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 8:07 AM

A good thumbnail really helps.  I've sometimes stumbled across awesome images that barely got any hits because of horrible thumbnails.

Mint3D ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 8:08 AM

Try to avoid main camera view, its boring.  Try different angles , they can make whole picture totally more intresting, if you want to have sharp detailed render focus camera more and use ztran for it to make the scene fit to the screen, more focus ... more details.

"Windows 7 crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams."

tainted_heart ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 6:24 PM

Oh yeah, change the focal length of the camera to at least 50mm. I generally set my cameras lens between 80 and 100.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.