Tue, Oct 1, 7:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: No thumbnails in P5 libraries...just text

SandDancr ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 3:37 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 4:39 PM

I have searched this forum...as I know I've asked this before...but can't find the answer.

I recently had a hard drive crash... and in reinstalling my poser files...have noticed that some of the libraries show only the text description of the item...no thumbnail.  I know there is a place to edit the number of files per folder...but for the life of me, can't remember where it is.

Anyone have a clue?  Help would be most appreciated!

4blueyes ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 4:29 PM

Little_Dragon once said: "You can change this manually by entering a different previewNum value in your Runtime/prefs/LibraryPrefs.xml file. Make a backup copy of the .xml in case you mess something up while editing." also dr. Geep's: file_210077.jpg Maybe it's what you are looking for? Michal 4blueyes

SandDancr ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 4:52 PM

Thank you a thounsand times over!  Am going to write it down this time!

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 9:11 PM

What I did when I had Poser 5 and found out how to change that file was to burn a copy of the changed file to the same CD that I had burned my Poser 5 program too.  That way when I installed Poser 5, not only was the program on the CD, but so were the updates, the SN and the library.xml file.  

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SandDancr ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 10:08 PM

Great idea, Arcadia.!   Thanks for the tip!

Touchwood ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 4:20 AM

Have tried that option in Poser 6 but all that happens is that the thumbnails are replaced with a large question mark instead. They do not collapse as shown above. Is there another setting to tweak?

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 4:36 AM

For Poser 6 you don't have to edit the file. Leave that at it's default state.  The option for thumbnails is inside Poser where you set your preferences... under "Edit" I think.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Touchwood ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 5:27 AM

Editing the preferences to text only within Poser or editing the file directly produces the same results. The thumbnails do not collapse but are replaced with a questionmark.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 6:00 AM

Quote - Editing the preferences to text only within Poser or editing the file directly produces the same results. The thumbnails do not collapse but are replaced with a questionmark.

This is a "feature" :blink: 😉

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.