Sun, Oct 6, 5:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Lighting My Study scene

omac2 ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 4:58 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 4:39 PM

file_351562.jpg

Here is a picture of my study in textured view from Bryce 5.5. (inverted in photoshop)

There is 7 radial lights and 2 Spotlights in this scene. 

All the radials have a setting of 100% soft shadows, an intesity of 15 and falloff set to "squared".

Note the close group of radials near the desk. (Thats 4 there)  This is very important as each shadow "edge" cannot be seen.  EG: If i had all the lights spread out evenly, there be shadows all over the place.

I place 1 radial inside the ligth fitting and one above.

For the Spotlights a setting of intesity 5, softness of 21 and squared falloff. These two were placed to illuminate the box on the floor and the sockets on the wall. Again 100% soft shadows.

The key to a quick (45mins) render was the "panels" for walls and floor. This were pictures of textures rather than DTE materials. I lowered the diffusion to 40% on these to help control the overall effect here. This also helps counteract (bigword!) the light from near the lightfitting.

Rendered at 64RPP. Postwork was just a bit of sharpness and glow.

Hope this helps anybody,
Alex,

omac2 ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 5:08 AM

Ps:  You get more realistics shadows in Bryce if you place 4 tightly spaced radials rather than just the one or two.

:sneaky:

buckzero ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 12:55 PM

Very helpful info, thanks.

$0

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 1:34 PM

I have not been around for a while so I don't know what you wanted to do originally with your study.....

Bryce's lighting have a "shadow" off/on and degree of strengh func.   so one can ease up on unwanted shadows......    I took your image in PSP and reversed it.... nice study...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.