Sun, Sep 22, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: WIP - modelling in Hex 2, render Carrara 5

Balaenanun ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 12:35 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:18 AM

file_351589.jpg

Hi all !

I made this a few days ago for a birthday card for my mother ;) I'll try to keep on improving it tho ! And to make a more complicated image with it. I think I'll have to uv map the ribbon differently to have the red color less bright on the inside, and also unfold the box to avoid the glitch in the procedural shader. It's a brown texture and the colors are made with a mix of marble and a rainbow gradient, I'm quite pleased with this ;P.

But advice is much welcome !! For the light for example, how to make this thing stand out better : best effect of the ribbon, hiding the eyes more in the shadow, how to make the pupil better (right now it's a smaller black sphere in front of the white) or any other advice ^^

Thank you !

Visit my website / Visit my Renderosity store/ Visit my Daz3d store

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 2:27 PM

Hi Balaenanun, Hmmmm, take everything I say with a grain of salt. :) I'd try increasing the lighting on the box more on one side or the other. Right now both sides are evenly lit which visually flattens the shape. For the eyes, check a free shader for them in the Carrara Free Stuff section. You also might try a blue light on the interior of the box. Just some thoughts... Mark

Balaenanun ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 2:40 PM

Hi,

thank you, this is really helpful !! ^^

I found the shader, and I'll try those lights.

More comments anyone ? :)

Balaenanun ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 5:06 PM · edited Mon, 21 August 2006 at 5:06 PM

file_351757.jpg

Here comes the update ^^

I mapped the box and changed the shaders. I recreated an eye shader similar to the one you mention (makes me learn a lot). I managed to make the eyes target the camera, yay :P

I'm still working on the lights... ^^' I think I'll try to make many colored lights for a magic atmosphere and make a scene with the crafting of the magic gift ^^

Now I don't know why this spotlight that comes from the top-right corner illuminates the inside of the box like this :/ How can I correct this ?

Thx !

Bala

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 5:19 PM

Hi Bala, It looks like you unchecked "Cast Shadows" for the spot light. Additionally, ( I can't really tell by looking at the image) for the light cone, you can check "Cast Shadows" if you haven't checked that already. Mark

Balaenanun ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 7:07 PM

Ooooh, well it was not checked off but it was at 9% only, I had modified the parameters too much and I forgot that ^^'  Gosh, what I love with 3D and all, it's that you learn everyday ! Thank you very much !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.