Fri, Oct 4, 9:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Is it just me or is the site SLOW?

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 7:55 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 9:26 PM

okay...there seems to be about 1500 average visitors in all areas today...and I have waited and watched since the change overs started.....and now I really do wonder if it is my (DSL) connection or if the site galleries, store and forums are almost as slow as before?

I think the changes are still not done from little bits here and there in the posts... so hoping that it will all work faster once it is all really brought together?

It does seem to be very slow (as when I was posting in another forum just now)  and then suddenly go FAST (as when I hit to post this)... but I would say about 80 % of the time it is pretty slow to load.

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

williamsn ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 10:30 PM

Lyne, Since ten o'clock this morning until now every page load I've made has loaded lightning quick today. If you notice that certain pages load particularly slower than others more often than not, do let us know. Also let us know if it just seems to be random. Thanks, N

-Nicholas

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 11:05 PM

Well the galleries are just generally slower....but a lightbulb just went off... I have my Prefs set to show me the FULL size image on opening the main image...that could be it, right?

The other thing that seems to happen is when I EDIT a post and it will take FOREVER to re-post one time, then I go back and start over...(refresh original page to make sure the change did not go through) and then I edit my words and hit the "save changes" and it pops right in.... so yes, it seems random. 

I am also looking into if my own AT&T dsl is slower than it is supposed to be. I am beginning to wonder so that is also why I posted...to see if others are having the same problems or not.... I do find it interesting that the "slow site" posts have dropped right off from before the changes were started (I mean aside from the initial problems)....

williamsn ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 11:08 PM

Okay I have a second question now that I think I understand your problem better. When you click on a link within Renderosity, or submit something, or whatever, is the problem you're having that it sits there saying "connecting" or "contacting" for a while, or does the page START loading quickly but just take a long time to FINISH loading? Thanks N

-Nicholas

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 11:02 AM

takes more time to connect or contact than it was, Nic. I'm getting the same thing. when I comment, go to free stuff, vendor control room, all over the site.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 12:01 PM

I've got the same symptoms - it takes a while to connect/contace. All over the site.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

hewee ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 2:09 AM

Site has been slower for me too. Was really fast before you started all these updates so it has been slow now for a long time.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 3:52 PM

slow here as well (6 mbps), but in the last 7-8 years there were always periods of variable access speed. haven't the foggiest what causes the variations.

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 6:40 PM

It's not just you...nearly every time I pop in here to check my PM's or take a peek around to see if anything has changed, the site speed is quite slow. Sure, once in a while it's pretty quick (or should I say "lightning quick" :tt2: ), but mostly it's slow. People have just stopped complaining about it because it's become the norm.

...such a shame...

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

TallPockets ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 2:27 AM

People have just stopped complaining about it because it's become the norm.

...such a shame...

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2006 at 8:40 PM · edited Sun, 20 August 2006 at 8:41 PM

Quote - People have just stopped complaining about it because it's become the norm.

...such a shame...

Also, it doesn't seem to do any good to complain about the slowness.

When it's slow for me, I just go to any of the other Poser sites that are faster loading than Rosity. And those sites are faster all the time.

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 11:35 PM

sorry I was slow in getting back to reply ;).... but yes... I look at my taskbar to see what is happening...and I see that it gets here, and the blue bar hardly shows up or starts up...sort of stalls looks like... I came in today with a link to an image a friend sent me to look at, and when I got here, the page loaded with NO PICS... a little x place holder, even up on the ad banner...I thought..huh? So I went into a main gallery and the pics where there...then clicked my friend's link again and the page pics loaded normally... It "feels" like surges in bandwidth allowence to me. 

I posted more comments/thoughts on this in a newer thread on slow or not slow stuff....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.