Mon, Sep 9, 5:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Totally OT: SG-1 Ends!

jt411 ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 12:33 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 3:39 AM

Hi all,
I know there's a lot of Stargate fans here, so I figured I'd pass the sad news along that SG-1 will end after this current season.
I guess it's nothing to really be upset about; the show lasted 10 seasons and that's great for any series-especially a science fiction one!
Now where's my new Buffy series...

William ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 3:35 AM

IThe show had a very good run. Hopefully Atlantis will get renewed and the gang from SG1 can guest star occasionally if they want to.

And for the Poser related part of thsi message: where are the poserised Puddle Jumpers,  Wraith Darts, G'ould spacecraft and Terran spacecraft from the Stargate universe???

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 4:54 AM

Awww Im gonna miss my SG-1 :sad:...why cant they leave the good shows alone :mad:

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 6:50 AM

I love that show, we are waiting for the new season to start in the Uk and I can't wait.

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 9:00 AM

Bummer, but, it had to happen sooner or later.  They actually lucked out, because, the show was originally going to end with season 9, but, got so much negative response that SciFi renewed it.  I can't imagine what will become of me when I can't have my weekly dose of Daniel Jackson...Waaaaaah! :m_bawling: Ah well,  I've got the DVD sets to keep the boredom at bay.  Hhhhmmm, maybe we can convince JPeter to work his magic morphology for us. 🤤

thixen ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 9:11 AM

I heard, the real reason for this is the success that it's gained was it's downfall. With minimal pay increases for the cast, after a certain period of time the show can no longer pay the cast and still make money, no matter how much merchidising that you do. 

There are rumors this is the real reason RDA left - to give his costars another year with out the show running in the red. Of coarse those are just the rumors, but it's nice to think that he liked the rest of the cast enough to do something like that.

After 10 years they'd have to totally revamp the crew in order to continue on, the producers thought it better to just launch a spin off instead of forcing the fans to except a totally new cast. I'd like to see Claudia or Ben to get picked up on a second spin off of the series.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 10:41 AM

sad news indeed. For anyone who has yet to see episode 200, it's a larf riot..the Farscape scene alone almost made me rotfl irl..;)

I made a gou'ld figher once (probably needs some work), a joke Mayan mothership..;) The cargo ship shouldn't be too hard, but I'm still making another model at this point. Have Stargate stuff at Planit 3d, if you need 'em..;)

Well, after Star Trek ending (twice on my watch), you get philosophical about it..;)  Strangely enough, I've been watching Life on Mars (is it a cop show, sci-fi? what?..;), so there's always something good coming along.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 1:44 PM

I almost wanted to watch it occassionay but when I did I never really felt it. I liked the movie though. Sorry to bring a negative thing into the thread and I hope there is a good replacement for it and sorry to those people that liekd it. I hate it when something I like gets cancelled.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 2:20 PM

They will continue Atlantis.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

jt411 ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 2:54 PM

Atlantis has already been renewed.
Dean Devlin also has 2 Stargate movies in the works. Apparently these films will serve as sequels to the original film and not have anything to do with SG-1. Kurt Russel and James Spader are both in final talks to star.
Strange move; I don't see this sitting too well with the fans...

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 2:57 PM

Sci-fi channel screwed us (the fans) over with Farscape - although they finally did do a miniseries to bring it to a close. They are willing to lose fans over money.

artnik ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 3:12 PM

I never got involved in SG-1, although I enjoyed the original movie. My reason was I have been very disappointed by the networks attitude towards giving new shows a chance before they cancel them. I got interested in several, only to find them vanishing, some after only a few episodes. Even some on pay cable (HBO, etc.).  So I don't invest too much interest in most of them anymore.

I still watch a few longer running hangers on though. I decided to give "Life on Mars" a chance, because I can watch it at my leisure with "On Demand", so I don't have to watch it when it's broadcast. The concept seems interesting. I think I may become a fan. 1973 wasn't that long ago, but there's been so many new things since. It's kind of interesting to see how far things have come since then.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 3:26 PM

I am definately more interested in the movie version movies rather than the TV show. I think it mostly comes from the fact that the status quo issues I had with later Star Trek shows all seemed to populate Stargate. In the movie people died, change was made, drama abounded and in the series I never got a sense of any of that. I definately can see how some people might be pissed about the movie people coming back though since they have gotten so used to the TV show people.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 3:33 PM

In other words, Amanda Tapping (who plays Samanth Carter) would be missed! [grin]

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 4:36 PM

Dont see how that will work well for them, I enjoyed the film but Stargate wouldnt be the same without the tv cast.

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Realmling ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 10:29 PM

I'll be sad to see the show ending......but if I get to see Kurt Russell in action again I'm not going to complain. /giant grin

(I know, I'm extremely weird....most of the time the people around me just ignore me....)

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 11:00 PM

I'n not surprised. 10 years is a long run. I felt it was getting a bit stale untill they brought in Cladia Black, added a bit of needed color. I agree that I hope they find something for her and Ben again. Another Farscape Fan here.

Atlantis I like so we have that. I watch Eureka tonight too. I don't know what's going on with Scifi. They have Fatman Ballet now, wrestling I think they call it. Now I guess it should be call, "Stroids and Roids'. Have no idea what it has to do with Scifi.

I hear you about how short lived some things are. I was/am a big time Firefly Fan. Never got the chance it should have had.

We still have the last few episodes to enjoy, then it BSG starts the new season. Hope that last for a bit. I'm runnung out of good Scifi's to watch.

I

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 12:38 AM

I fear fot the future of the Sci Fi channel!  As beryld said they've brought in ECW, which, even tho it's now owned and operated by the WWE (McMahon and Co.) it's still concidered the lower end of the wrestling world (and yes I'm a wrestling fan, but this show does NOT belong on the SCI FI channel!). Now next week, because USA has pre-empted WWE RAW for the US Open, RAW will be shown on Sci Fi, replacing Dark Angel. Seems the PTB of Universal which owns both networks (and CBS I believe) see's dollar signs over SCI Fi. With these types of progaming decisions how long WILL it remain the Sci Fi channel, or will it become jsut another Cable Clone channel?

mike

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 5:14 AM

Or worse just another sports channel :( {not knockin' sports guys....I just dont want to see them on the Sci-fi channel } and I have a sports tier on my cable setup..which I dont watch and never wanted....

As far as SG-1..Im going to miss RDA ~cries~

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

jt411 ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 4:18 PM

I just read this on Yahoo!
"We do have plans," MGM spokesman Jeff Pryor told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "This is not the end of the Stargate' franchise. This is just the end of (Stargate SG-1') airing on the Sci Fi Channel."
We'll see!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.