Sat, Oct 5, 1:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: How can we sell our rendered pictures from home ?

Kaleikonos ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 10:09 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 1:22 AM

This is surely  a "rude" topic, but it is an important one to some. As a handicapped man in wheelchair, I am hospitalised at home. Therefore it is rather awkward for me to visit galleries. One way is to make it virtualy, with Internet. But how to find the contacts ? I would like to sell rendered pictures as .bmp files. Is it good ? What price can I ask for a 854*576 pixels with 72 dots per inch image ? So many questions, so much to learn...

Argon18 ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 3:23 PM

The easiest place I've found is at CafePress. http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/makemoney/

All you have to do is change your size and resolution to fit their guidelines, sign up, upload it and you're in business with no up front investment..

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats

Giolon ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 5:22 PM

I'm a big fan of www.zazzle.com.  It's similar to CafePress.  You can also create private items that aren't available to the public.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Argon18 ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 5:29 PM

They've been doing a lot of upgrading at Zazzle to include more features and products, but they still only give you 10% of the sales. You can set your own profit margin and can put stuff in a private shop at CafePress also.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 12:10 AM

Thanks for the link to CafePress. I gave it to my son and he has set up some of his art to sell. Now he has given my a link to his store front. But I need to know if I put the link on my site, will it be acceptable to PayPal? See, I use PayPal here and elsewhere. Their terms state that I can't link to any site that has adult themed products. So, does CafePress have any adult material or products? Any help is appreciated. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Argon18 ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 1:43 AM

No, I think the TOS at CafePress doesn't allow adult items. Also a lot of other things

*** NO UNOFFICIAL MERCHANDISE** E.g., using names or images of musicians, bands, sports teams, athletes etc. without permission, even for fan club purposes. 

*** NO CONTENT DOWNLOADED FROM INTERNET**

*** NO NAMES/LOGOS OF COMPANIES OR ORGANIZATIONS** E.g., NeoPets, Lakers, Dr. Pepper, Tommy Hilfiger etc.

*** NO TRADEMARKED TAGLINES** E.g., Just Do It, The Ultimate Driving Machine, Got Milk? etc.

*** NO IMAGES OR LIKENESS OF FAMOUS PEOPLE** E.g., photos of Pamela Anderson, Britney Spears, Brad Pitt, Michael Jordan, Homer Simpson etc.

*** NO MANIPULATED CONTENT** E.g., using a company's logo as a basis of your design

*** NO PHOTOS OR IMAGES OF KNOWN COPYRIGHTS** E.g., Mickey Mouse, Dragonball Z, Godzilla, Barbie etc.

*** NO SEXUALLY EXPLICIT CONTENT**

*** NO COPYING OF PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED MATERIAL** E.g., books, magazines, publications etc. L

*** NO COMPILATION OR "MIX" CDS USING THE CONTENT OF OTHER ARTISTS**

But the way PayPal likes to use the slightest excuse to freeze accounts I wouldn't be suprised if they will find some reason to do it.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 2:25 AM

I don't like having to use Paypal but it's necessary at present. But all this nonsense they go on about adult material, Ebay sells adult stuff and they own Paypal. Not that I'm going to be selling adult stuff but I don't want my account messed with. Thanks for the information. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Argon18 ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 9:19 AM

I like that you can use checks or money orders with no problem at CafePress so you don't have to mess with PayPal and I've never had a problem with their CafeCash system either.

I've heard many stories about PayPal messing with peoples accounts for reasons that are completely arbitrary and as you say totally hyprocritical since adult material has nothing to do with credit card fraud.

IO4 ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 10:22 AM

Kaleikonos, do you mean you want to be able to sell prints of your work? The image files would need to be in .jpg format then.  Cafe Press are  good - I've got a couple of shops there, and have been pleased with the quality so far. The basic shop is free and you can pay for a premium shop which gives you more choice of what to sell and how you want your shop to look. There's a good community forum and help pages there too.  You could give it a try by setting up the basic shop first to see how it all works as that won't cost you a penny. You might also like to try Artwanted.Com. I joined them recently. You can have a free gallery page similar to here, and if you upgrade your membership you can be in the print program, which basically enables you to sell your prints aswell.  Image files will need to be in jpg format though.  Both of these require a small subscription in terms of membership upgrade to sell your work but it might be worth it in the long run. You can set your own prices too.

If you wanted to just sell computer images as backgrounds, wallpapers or something then I reckon it would be necessary to set up your own site. There are also web hosting packages which provide you with the tools to sell stuff. 

Best of Luck.

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.