Sun, Oct 6, 5:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: To 5.5 or to hang with 5.0

Dynamo ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 11:25 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 4:40 AM

So, to those of you in the know what is the significance of 5.5?  I see alot of people still use 5.0 and I was wondering should I just hold out until 6.0?  My primary use is as a rener alternative to studio for high Quality stills..

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 11:33 PM

Ok I would hang out for at least a month or two 6 seems to be coming shortly I am betting before the year is out and 5 to 5.5 not as big a leap as it will be to 6. And you do not want to kick yourself for not waiting for that deal. Also if you get impatient if you are an ARTZONE member you will get it for $19 yeah no 0's after that.

Dynamo ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 12:09 AM

Thank you kind sir!

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 12:25 AM

You have to sign up with ARTZONE before the 6th of September for that price on Bryce.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 1:56 AM

I have 5.0 on one computer, and 5.5 on the other, and half the time can't remember which bryce version I'm in. I'd say differences are more subtle then significant.
In other words, you're probably safe waiting for 6.0  ... of course, IMNTBHO

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 3:02 PM

can you post the artzone's link....  I'm interested in paying only $19.00 dollars for version 6.0
 I got 5.5 and 5.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 3:33 PM

sorry i misunderstood.....  it's the upgrade to 5.5 not 6.0  sorry.......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 9:07 PM

I'm using 5.01 and hanging out for 6.0 which hopefully will have faster render times

Cheers

GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

serendigity59@gmail.com ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 10:06 PM

Those who pay the $20 for Bryce 5.5 now will surely see that investment factored into the upgrade prices from 5.o to 6.0 and 5.5 to 6.0. I am sure that DAZ will be mindful of this as 6.0 is imminent...

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 9:45 PM

hmm..I think I'm already a 'member' (I can sign on, anyways..;) Now if I could only come up with the scratch..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 7:54 PM

Quote - Ok I would hang out for at least a month or two 6 seems to be coming shortly I am betting before the year is out and 5 to 5.5 not as big a leap as it will be to 6. And you do not want to kick yourself for not waiting for that deal. Also if you get impatient if you are an ARTZONE member you will get it for $19 yeah no 0's after that.

Actually I saw Darlisa say that you'd get a better deal on B6 if you buy B5.5 now, rather than staying with just B5.

Just FYI.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Vile ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 8:03 PM

Unless I saw something in writing I would wait but I am sure that even any deal would even out to being the same as buying 6 out right, from 5 at least.

Dennis445 ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 10:50 PM

5.5 has the D/S button to help you inter change poser content, this may be worth th 20 bucks to some.

serendigity59@gmail.com ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 11:23 PM

If you are an Apple Mac Intel user, 5.5 is required for a working version.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.