Thu, Sep 19, 8:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: a total nubie question but....

zkenshin ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 2:56 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 8:07 AM

Hi, i have been try out the 3d programs found on daz, and have recently downloaded the free verion of Bryce 5.0. So i decided to go and take the beer making tutorial in daz's tutorial arcana... but the only problem is, when i have the negeative and positive cylinders aligned correctly, it tells me to goroup them by pressing G. for some dd reason it wont group.... do i have to have both selected at once(if so , how?). If you know, please post back. =)

sackrat ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 3:51 PM

Yes,..........you have to select both objects in order to group them. Youcan do this by holding down the "Control" key and selecting the first object from the drop down list, then hold down  the "Shift" +  "Control"  keys and select the second object in the same manner. You can then group the selected objects in whatever manner in best for you. Hope this helps.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

donniemc0 ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 3:57 PM

simplest way is to click on the little blue cylinder  at the bottom (10 along) this will select all cylinders in the scene.

**or **click and drag the mouse over both cylinders in the main window to select them both.

** or** select one ,then whilst pressing the shift key press the tab key to select the other.

hope that makes sense!    welcome to the asylum by the way...

zkenshin ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 4:21 PM

thankyou both loads for that, i have tried countless tutorials, and not found a thing, lol. I guess it just shows when given the choice between school and asylum..... choose asylum! =D thanks for the help! =)

zkenshin ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 4:21 PM

thankyou both loads for that, i have tried countless tutorials, and not found a thing, lol. I guess it just shows when given the choice between school and asylum..... choose asylum! =D thanks for the help! =)

zkenshin ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 4:23 PM

er? i reposted twice.... ah well, lol.

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 4:50 PM

not really you posted three times..... :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 9:27 PM

what you tell us 3 times is true..;) now once you get that underway, we'll introduce you to WIngs, and not have to learn all those pesky Boolean Algebra concepts..;) or maybe just keep up with Booleans once B6 comes out..;) more than one way to skin a cat..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

zkenshin ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 2:01 AM

you mean wings 3d? i started using that a little bit ago, lol. im not very good with it......

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 2:37 PM

Just as a suggestion.......  
 If you want to learn a 3d program relatively fast you may want to look into the Rhino forum....  Rhino is very logical and common sense program...   The people in the forum are very nice and attentative to newbees....   check them out and ask question....   you may like it......  maybe..

Im a Rhino user...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 4:15 PM

..and only costs as much as a used car..;)

The nice thing about free programs is if you like it, you're set, if you don't, you're not out any money..;)

We have a Wings 3d forum here, when you're ready for that..;)

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 12:15 AM

Well you have a point about it costing money  yes...   but not as much as a car....  as is it will cost  $895.00

If you are a student in any school you may get a student discount and pay $ 195.00....  Just send them a letter with the shool's heading on it that says you are going there..... signed by someone at the school......     that is it....

Mean time you can download a free trial that last for ever but you can only save 10 times only...   But you can learn to model...  Rhino has a medium learning curve.....

But if you are not serious about leaning 3D modeling then I go with wings...... why spend any amount...

http://www.rhino3d.com/index.htm

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 5:01 AM

file_352228.jpg

Somebody has a nurbs bias issue... Do not underestimate the capabilities of Wings3D... (Or any comparable subdiv modeler.)

When it comes down to the nitty gritty, there is no modeling method that is completely superior to another. What it really comes down to is what method suits you best at a personal level. And the only way to find that out is to give each an honest shot.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 6:22 AM

file_352236.jpg

***But if you are not serious about leaning 3D modeling then I go with wings...... why spend any amount...***  Quote from tom271

Wings can get very serious. Don't be fooled by the price.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 8:04 AM
Forum Moderator

Heresy!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 1:38 PM

I'm sorry if It sounded bias ...  or that I sounded like I was underminding WINGS...   I was not looking for an argumentative forum of discussion...   I too worked with Wings...   about 2.5 years ago...

I don't have a NURBS BIAS ISSUE either....  As a program...there are a lot of good attributes that Wings has and can offer. Obsolutely!     However, Rhino has a lot more attrbutes....  
They charge you money for those attributes....  the downside of this.

I ment no offence to the wings user....

I made my avatar with Rhino.... iF you are interested look at my gallery....

Tom271

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 1:55 PM

Quote - Hi, i have been try out the 3d programs found on daz, and have recently downloaded the free verion of Bryce 5.0. So i decided to go and take the beer making tutorial in daz's tutorial arcana... but the only problem is, when i have the negeative and positive cylinders aligned correctly, it tells me to goroup them by pressing G. for some dd reason it wont group.... do i have to have both selected at once(if so , how?). If you know, please post back. =)

I personally find it's easiest to hover the mouse over what I want to select, and click ctrl and then pick what I want from the list that pops up - this gets you into the good habbit of naming parts of your model/scene with descriptive names - PLUS it makes it easier when there are a lot of things in the scene.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 12:44 AM

Oh yea ...I remember that question....

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 12:59 AM

There was a question?????? Goes to top post and checks. THERE WAS.

After 8 Poser punch ups, 2 my renderer is bigger than yours, and a hold the Rhino user down and texture him marshmellow, I think I am getting a bit distracted.

As for the answer to the question, listen to Fran.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 8:46 AM

there's nothing wrong at all with Rhino..I just don't have $8.95 (much less the actual price) to spend on it..;) And in this neck of the woods (rural NC), you could get a car (not a good one tho..;) for that price..;)

As stated previously, to each their own. If you want Rhino, go for it, if you want Wings, it's there as well..no harm done..

zkenshin ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 11:27 AM

lol, i can see their's been a huge discussion on this. im sure rhino has its capabilities, but i cant afford it. thanks anyway tho. im just trying uot the different programs to see which best suits my interests. im thinkin of seein towards import/export programs for the diff programs... cause each has different things i use for. i would try ut rhino tho if i could afford. maybe when i get i job ill save up for it. =)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.