Sun, Oct 6, 5:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce Clouds - 3D World Magazine

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:03 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:04 AM

file_352346.jpg

Just my geek update on making more/better cloud mats. I went in to start adding a "grain" to the clouds, to give them a little more immediate surface depth. Getting sorta close to what I want here. Just trying various DTE textures now to see what passes best for most realistic grain.

This is another example of a "Flat Shaded" volumetric cloud, which gives up some realism in light interaction so it can render much faster than normal. This 800x600 render took 4 minutes.

This cloud scene in particular will be part of another upcoming Bryce Q&A article I've written for 3D World Magazine.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 11:15 AM

Thats a nice effect you got there......    Where do you add this grain?  which editior in Bryce are you using if any??

you write for 3D world magazine?  WOW! One of my favorite mags....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 11:42 AM

Agent Smith is likely using the DTE -Deviously Technical Enigma, also known as the Deep Texture Editor..;) you can mix and match textures, and if you're a rocket scientist (well, that's the way I feel..;)you can get just about any sort of texture you're looking for..;)  That's what the mats are..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 2:37 PM

Rofl..."Deviously Technical Enigma"..that's perfect.

You can still download the 25 pack of flat shaded volumetric clouds that I had previously made up HERE

The one shown here is a tweaked version of #59

airflamesred ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 3:53 PM

Am I correct in assuming these are symetrical latices?Lookin' good

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:53 PM

these are symetrical latices?

No. Just a DTE texture on a single sphere. Simple and fast.

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 12:48 AM

Someday I will conquer the DET...!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 1:09 AM

@tom271. conquering the DET is impossible. The most you can hope for is to fight it to a draw. 

Take a look at AGENT SMITH'S avatar. This is what happens to you if you spend too much time around the toxic effects of the DET.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 1:14 AM

Got that right.  :o)

Dann-O ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:25 AM

Really like yrou mats. I would love to have your brain when working on my textures. They are brilliant. I love them and use them frequently. Always as a starting point to go somewhere else but they start off as an Agent Smith special.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

attileus ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 7:20 AM

Thanks for the beautifully tweaked cloud mats AS! :-)

ddaydreams ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 7:43 PM

I don't think conquering the DET is impossible. It's just like mastering golf by shooting an 18 on a par 3 coarse wih 18 holes, not impossable, just highly unlikley.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 9:03 PM

I agree, lol. I don't really "know" the DTE myself, I just play it by ear. That and I have kinda figured out what buttons to mash to get some results.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 9:16 PM

Nice research there AS. Look forward to seeing your article in 3D World mag:)

I never intended to make art.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 11:02 PM

The Q&A's are short & to the point (technically a half-page). This one on the clouds should be in Issue #84.

I have another Bryce Q&A article that will be a full page article in Issue #87. Depending on DAZ's release date I might make it on Bryce 6.0

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 6:43 AM
Forum Moderator

I seem to remember posting a short tut on the TDE a long while ago.....should be here somewhere...

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

skiwillgee ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 10:41 AM

I think Smitty should publish a book on ETD.  I do realize it would be lengthy as the "Real World Bryce 4" and would be in a language no one understands but he could get semi-rich over the long term as new users bought into it thinking they could eventually understand Martian.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 6:43 PM

Yeah, but what if a year from now DAZ changes the DTE, lol.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 8:59 AM

Highly unlikely :p

I never intended to make art.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.