Fri, Sep 20, 12:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Scale in Carrara and Poser

1DanK ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 12:17 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 8:32 PM

If you want to develop an item in Carrara and be able to import it as a wave front object into poser without scaling it, what should you do?

Dan

ialora ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 1:43 PM

Hmmm, I don't know what the size ratio is between C5 and Poser.  However, I'd think that you could load the free Mike or Victoria figure for comparision and scale your item accordingly?

Irene-

clode ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 10:29 PM

I find when I import poser content into Carrara with Transposer, the default setting is 1 poser unit to 20 Carrara units.  Based on that, when I import a Carrara OBJ into Poser, I scale the object (in poser) to 5%.  This seems to work for me.  Just make sure when you import into Poser, you uncheck the 'scale as percent of figure size' button.

Regards

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 2:44 AM

I set the poser scale to 8 instead of 20 when I import into carrara. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

1DanK ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 8:07 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope to get a chance to try these out this evening.  There really seems to be a lack of precision with all of the ways available to create things in Carrara and use them in Poser.  I always seem to be scaling things up of down in Poser to get them the right size.  I also noticed that if I scale things in Carrara and then export them, the object saved is the unscaled object. 

I wish I had the time to really study this and come up with a more precise way. 

Thanks to all for the help,

Dan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.