Sun, Sep 22, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: They're giving away Poser 5 - For FREE

nghayward ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 5:57 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:30 AM

Just seen over at Content Paradise . They are giving Poser 5 away free for the first 4 days of september.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 6:12 PM

YES its True !!

Im downloading poser 5 NOW ..it come with serial number on download page..

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 6:37 PM

Quote - Just seen over at Content Paradise . They are giving Poser 5 away free for the first 4 days of september.

FREE Poser 5 English Full Version
http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/free_poser_5_english_full_version_product_21989

Just noticed it myself Nigel.

Hmm, I wonder if eF will let them upgrade to Poser 6 for less now?

Cheers
DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 6:42 PM · edited Thu, 31 August 2006 at 6:42 PM

WOW!!!

That is so cool!

(I own Poser 6 but this is really really cool!)

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 7:03 PM

This is good news.  I'm glad to see an aggressive step like this to expand the user base.  The luster just wore off DS.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 7:12 PM

It could mean they are getting closer to Poser 7 also, maybe good news

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 7:43 PM

Know of any good books? LOL

:tongue1:

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 9:06 PM

Quote - Know of any good books? LOL

:tongue1:

LOL - it's a pity that your book is so expensive here in Germany because of shipping and such...

Yes, indeed, I hope that will broaden the user-base of "advanced poser" and get the people away from a six? seven? year old software!

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Tunesy ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 9:28 PM

What alternative do you suggest to this "six? seven? year old software"? ;)  Being of a skeptical nature myself I'm having a hard time trying to see a down side to this.  I'm glad to see e-f rolling up their sleeves and making this move.

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 9:41 PM · edited Thu, 31 August 2006 at 9:54 PM

This is great. Have PP for Mac and PC, but P6 for Mac only. Now I can get P5 for Windoze. =D Their server is gonna crash so hard! ...hops off.... Hey, wait. I don't see anything about free Poser 5 at Content Paradise. That link is broken too. :( bB

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 10:40 PM

Ok, will someone remind me how to use the Paint Bucket tool on the UI Background in Poser 5 so I can change my UI Background to Purple like I did in Poser 6?

krazik ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 10:41 PM

bad link fixed I added another server to help w/ the load and it didn't have the right config file.  so you had a 1 in 3 chance to get it :)

Anyway all better.

-Ry

manoloz ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 10:41 PM

This is great news! I suppose lots of people with Poser4 will upgrade to Poser5... for free. This can only be good to the community

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 11:43 PM

What is e-f up to?  No good to me as I have P4, PP, P5, P6 for Windows and MacOS. ;P  This is sort of like the DAZ Bryce 5.5 special coupon sitting in my account which is useless since I already have Bryce 5.0 and Bryce 5.5.  Not impressed. :D

I guess if you've always wanted Poser 5 and never upgraded or wanted to put out to purchase, this will send them running.  How many months will it take most people to download?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 1:24 AM

I thik it's a great thing to do. Get more users into the dynamics and advanced material room. I'm sure we will be over loaded with the same new user questions for awhile, but that's OK.

I have P4/5/6 sitll installed so I don't really need it. I wonder too, if it means P7 is on it's way. I also wonder how many DS users will convert.

Gongyla ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 1:39 AM

quote; "I'm sure we will be over loaded with the same new user questions for awhile, but that's OK."

It might be a good idea to have a sticky where all basic questions are answered. Some with links, some with local explanations. Things like "how do I get rid of the ContentRoom?" , "What do I do to make Poser show thumbnails in huge library folders?" , "How do I work with multiple runtimes, and what different methods are there?" , "How do I loosen my character's feet from the floor?" , etc etc

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 1:39 AM

As nice as DS is, it doesn't compare to P5+.  Amazing that a company can throw years of development at something and come up soooo short (a pat on my back - I'm almost further along with my plugin than DS and, let's be honest, it's just me - moi, yours truly, me, myself and I).  I have the (pitiful) assistance of a 3D SDK - but it ain't much considering the gaping differences.  How many developers and years does it take?
Here's to more Poser users.  Time for us veterans to stockpile ammo and links.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 1:50 AM

It's hard to say what DS users are going to do. They seem quite brain washed over DS. They might run screaming from P5 because they have to much to work with.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 1:55 AM

Quote - > Quote - Just seen over at Content Paradise . They are giving Poser 5 away free for the first 4 days of september.

FREE Poser 5 English Full Version
http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/free_poser_5_english_full_version_product_21989

Just noticed it myself Nigel.

Hmm, I wonder if eF will let them upgrade to Poser 6 for less now?

Cheers
DR

Yes, they state upgrade for $ 129 :D

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 1:57 AM

Well, they'd be fools to pass up the deal!  DS doesn't have Shader nodes or Dynamic Hair or Dynamic Cloth or the 'Face Room'.  Add to that the fact that VK and I discovered that DS doesn't handle 'specialized' channel configurations in the same way as Poser - and, well, you have DAZ with digital appendages in their nether regions. ;)

Luckily for me, Cinema 4D has Clothilde and Hair to fill in some of the gaps vacated by my plugin.

As long as e-f offers an upgrade path from P5 to P6 (which, imho, is far stabler than P5), there should be a great swell of users.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 2:22 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I'm sort of happy & pissed at the same time, I'm pissed because I paid full price for P5 when it first came out, but I'm happy because I can now install it on my kids pc without having to use my serial number which would be naughty :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 3:06 AM

Looks good. There's a lot of things you can do with Poser 5. The Materials Room alone is a hugely powerful tool, and it seems generally underused. I'm not bitching about them giving away a program I bought 3 years ago. I got P6 when they did a very good upgrade deal, last year, but the current upgrade deal is pretty good too. Gentlemen, you are going to be tearing your hair over the manual, but have a look at the Material Room stuff I've posted. Get the set of materials that Mapps gives away. If you're into leather, I recommmend the

bigjobbie ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 3:08 AM

CP is very slow at the moment - but I've passed the link on to friends who are skirting the edges of picking up 3D - it's a good starting point as it has all it's toys already included.

A good indicator of P7 being due I guess?

I wonder if MAX and other high-end proggies will start doing oldish-version freebies, heheh.

Cheers

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 3:18 AM

A good indicator of P7 being due I guess?

I don't think so, it's all in reaction to DAZ's latest give-aways and D/S being free. This way EF can get back some people and get them hooked on Poser instead of D/S. I choose Poser 5 anytime over D/S.

Even though I've got Poser 6, I'm downloading it for my oldest daughter, she has shown interest in game design (which I'm also using Poser for, to do sprites) lately. I'm not comfortable with giving her D/S it's to outdated and way to limited, but this is a great alternative.

Thanks E-Frontier!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 3:32 AM

To some extent, while such things as this and the Bryce giveaway at DAZ are suggestive, I wonder why nothing was said at SIGGRAPH. It'd kill current sales, I suppose. This easily could be aimed at D/S.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 4:07 AM

this is great. now there's no reason for anyone on these boards to not own at least P5... except maybe stubbornness.

~E.D.

caulbox ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 4:29 AM

Quote - This way EF can get back some people and get them hooked on Poser instead of D/S.

This certainly is an inspired way to go...
but paradise is sought for a variety of priceless reasons.

Thanks DAZ.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 4:57 AM

Quote - > Quote - This way EF can get back some people and get them hooked on Poser instead of D/S.

This certainly is an inspired way to go...
but paradise is sought for a variety of priceless reasons.

Thanks DAZ.

For some people, Paradise is finding a space in a parking lot.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 5:39 AM

Well, Im downloading it as we speak..and is it ever slllloooowwwww..are they limiting dl speeds or what? Im on cable high speed and its going to take me like 8 hrs or so...its running at 9.8KB :scared: I feel sorry for the dialuppers....good grief :sad:

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 6:18 AM

Most likely it's just server overload. And hey, I don't mind getting a second liscence.... ;)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 6:34 AM · edited Fri, 01 September 2006 at 6:35 AM

All you guy's rushing to download really are mucking things up for yourselves when you could just wait for the rush to be over and download later. If you end up using up your 10 allowed downloads you'll have to ask for a reset when the servers are back to semi-normal. It's not like most people downloading it already don't have Poser 4 or 6! Sheesh! It'll be in your order history at CP long past the September 4th end of promotion.

ianliddle ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 6:41 AM

I've passed the link onto a mate at work who's been nibbling round the edges of 3d for ages - hopefully itll push him over the edge.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 6:57 AM

A bold move, indeed!  Probably a masterful marketing stroke to get people to upgrade to 6.  I was HOBBLED using P4, and  P6 was just out.  Plenty of free content, but most only worked on P5&6.  Sad.

Upgrading to P6 was the best move I've done software-wise.  The Material room alone is worth the price of admission! :lol:  Shader Nodes! ZOMG!  What fun! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

I think E-Frontier may be sneaking P7 up on us soon.  Usually moves like this herald big things on the horizon.

Maybe. ^__^ V,,

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

electronicpakrat ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 6:58 AM · edited Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:13 AM

For those who don't already know (and some food for thought as well)...

Using "Opera" (free browser) or something else to "Resume" (re-start broken downloads) will allow you to get the entire product. While you may have babysit it, it's better than having to re-start with IE / FF if you decide you don't want to wait. I've gotten it all already this way.

Don't forget that if you intend to give a copy away...

Who you give it to "should" signup at CP as well to get their own serial # assigned to your their own account especially for upgrade purposes, etc.

If you instead give away your own serial, then you loose the ability to upgrade that copy to P6/P7.

I am providing this download to those I'm giving it to so they don't need to download it themselves, thus saving CP's bandwidth and allowing others to get their chance.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:11 AM

Thank goodness for that! CP's servers are getting hammered and you just about can't get into the store or forums right now, leastways, I'm having trouble signing in now! Glad I got my download before I blabbed all over the net that the freebies were available! LOL!

bigjobbie ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:20 AM

So what's the trick for people already registered at CP? Do you get yourself a new email address or something then re-register?

Or can you just take P5 through the checkout as a freebie?

Cheers

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:32 AM

Quote - Time for us veterans to stockpile ammo and links.

Did some one say something about stockpiling ammo????? This is very interesting since I never jumped on the P5 bandwagon when it came out. I may just have to check it out. But on the other hand I feel greedy as well seeing I have P6. YET, it would be cool to have P4,5 and 6....hell I don't know I'll just DL the darn thing and check it out.

Yes Miz tis all your fault lad for the heating up of the CP servers becuase you sang like a canary about the news...LOL!!! Although in an evil way I guess one can sit back and watch the carnage mahahhahahaa!

M

My Facebook Page

electronicpakrat ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:47 AM · edited Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:49 AM

Quote - So what's the trick for people already registered at CP? Do you get yourself a new email address or something then re-register?

Cheers

Add it to your cart, pick your platform and then you can just checkout as a freebie.

This is what I did even though I had an account already. 🆒

adrianharrison ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:51 AM

Just registered, BUT, when i tried to log back on from the email link, got the message

"FATAL DATABASE ERROR

Error Message: DB Error: connect failed - [nativecode=Too many connections]" and a load of script.

Looks like word has really got around quick. TOO MANY FREELOADERS!! (hold on...that would be me as well!) 😊

Hope it calms down so i can download. Looks like i will have to set the alarm for 4:00am.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:56 AM · edited Fri, 01 September 2006 at 8:00 AM

Quote - Yes Miz tis all your fault lad for the heating up of the CP servers becuase you sang like a canary about the news...LOL!!! Although in an evil way I guess one can sit back and watch the carnage mahahhahahaa!

M

Oh well, I've already been accused of having ulterior motives against CP even though I spend most of my money there! What's one more strike against me?

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 7:58 AM

Quote - Just registered, BUT, when i tried to log back on from the email link, got the message

"FATAL DATABASE ERROR

Error Message: DB Error: connect failed - [nativecode=Too many connections]" and a load of script.

Looks like word has really got around quick. TOO MANY FREELOADERS!! (hold on...that would be me as well!) 😊

Hope it calms down so i can download. Looks like i will have to set the alarm for 4:00am.

Keep clicking and make sure you get verified and purchase before day 4 is over. As for downloading, I reccommend that EVERYONE stop trying to download all at once, but hehee... nobody listens to lil' old moi!

Muahahahaha.....

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 8:08 AM

Quote - So what's the trick for people already registered at CP? Do you get yourself a new email address or something then re-register?

Cheers

I just took it through Checkout as a Freebie with no problem.

DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

bigjobbie ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 9:04 AM

cheers - I'll keep trying to log on, but it's dead at the moment. will just do the order and leave the download for later next week.

Rainfeather ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 9:21 AM

Not sure if anyone has mentioned, e-on is also doing a promo - Vue5 Espirit plus Poser6 plus Mover for $299

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 9:26 AM

Heh! After Poser 5 and Bryce 5 for free... Don't expect a lot of people jumping on that bandwagon! LOL! Everyone will be too busy learning free stuff!

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 10:48 AM

Quote - Heh! After Poser 5 and Bryce 5 for free... Don't expect a lot of people jumping on that bandwagon! LOL! Everyone will be too busy learning free stuff!

Hmmm, let's see how human nature works here.

Bryce 5 and Poser 5 for $0.00 or Vue + some other software for $229.00.

Hmmm, I wonder which one they will choose first??????????

DR

Thomas Jefferson

atilla39 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 11:01 AM

Yep web site keeps crashing I think. I've tried to download it three times and  I get maybe 50mb and then it stops. I try to start it again and it tells me server can't be found. I wait for about an hour and I finally get back to the web site but its running so sssssssssllllllllooooooooowwww.

Balaenanun ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 11:03 AM

LOL contentparadise seems completely down right now ;)

I'm a DS user, I don't know if it will make me use Poser :) We'll see...

Anyway I love free stuff like this 8) Competition has a good side ^^

Visit my website / Visit my Renderosity store/ Visit my Daz3d store

Rainfeather ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 11:33 AM

oh i'd settle for the free one of course but thought for those who were considering vue, they might find it a steal. hopefully everyone is able to grab poser5 before the 4th.

kamion ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 12:23 PM

Mizrael,

I bet you are just enjoying this:

by coïncidence you stumbled on it, downloaded it , spread the news around

and sat back easy and comfortable watching how 90% of Poserdom tried to ellbow it's way in on the CP site.

I would if I were in your pace.

By the way, how did the news get round? As far as I know there was no newsletter announcing it. and if there will be one it's pretty redundent now. The frontdoor is already from its hinges.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 12:36 PM

Excellent.  Good job, ef.  Perhaps now we'll finally begin to see the backend of P4.  It's about time -- and long overdue.

I'm looking forward to P7.  It'll be nice if this action is the harbinger.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.