Sat, Sep 21, 2:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Tutorial on how to turn your VUE files into 3D Prints

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2006 at 11:11 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:52 PM

I'm an 3D illustrator that specializes in 3D lenticular (an autostereographic print technology, no glasses!) development.

I'm thinking about writing a tutorial on how to make 3D prints from your VUE files. I was wondering if there was any interest?

ZaxysDMI

Zaxys Depth & Motion Imaging
http://www.zaxys.com

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2006 at 11:58 AM

ZaxysDMI

Well if you could do one that applies to a broader range of 3D apps you'd have a larger audience, but I'm sure the Vue-ers here would dig one...I'd like one for Imagine3D as well, my basic app. If possible IM me.

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2006 at 4:31 PM

The  process works with any 3D app as long as you can animate the camera, so I plan to make it pretty general.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2006 at 5:13 PM

Cool...all smiles here!

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 12:43 AM

I'd be interested in seeing it too. Does it need any special apparatus, or is it the cross-eyes approach or the depth-cued texture effect?

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 8:37 AM

Quote - I'd be interested in seeing it too. Does it need any special apparatus, or is it the cross-eyes approach or the depth-cued texture effect?

No special apparatus required and it is neither the cross-eyes or depth-cued effect.

The process uses a series of views (8-24 usually) that are interlaced and then printed directly on or a print is laminated to a sheet of lenticualr lenses. These lenses present each eye with a separate view of the scene and you see it in 3D. True stereo 3D.

ZaxysDMI

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 1:39 PM

Sorry it has taken so long, but the tutorials are done and available on my new web site www.zaxysdmi.com.

ZaxysDMI

haegerst ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 1:43 PM

autostereo what?

But sounds funny. Is that 10 Dollar for one postcard? Do you print these or do you just send out that sheet?

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 1:51 PM

The tutorial is designed to explain how to prep your 3D scene for lenticular printing. The tutorial is $10 but I will send out a free 3D sample postcard so you can see what they look like. I have arranged with a large national printer to do the printing.

ZaxysDMI

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 9:01 AM

i'd be happy if i could even turn my files into 2D prints, but spectral with half a dozen daz people, and 300 dpi and large size don't seem to go well in vue 6 love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.