Fri, Sep 20, 1:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Help with texture!

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 3:55 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 1:07 AM

file_165378.jpg

I'm working on this texture, but I don't know how to fix the eyebrows. Every texture I do has this problem, and I do not know how to fix it. There aren't many brown eyed textures so.... Also does her mole look ok? Should it be darker? moved in further? I am open to all suggestions LOL!

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 4:31 PM

It doesn't look like the texture map is applied to the eybrows ... Click "apply texture to whole figure" and you should be set ... And the mole loos fine S

cloudedInMystery ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 4:53 PM

You could remove the second eyebrows by painting over them w/ the skin tone. I do this when I use an eyebrow prop.

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 4:54 PM

nope that didn't fix it.... Man, and I really like this one!! I got the lip shade the way I wanted, I finally got the lip hilights to look the way I wanted.... Even the eye shade is perfect. ::grumble grumble:: stupid eyebrows!

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 4:56 PM

thanks clouded! I will try that!

-Galileo

kennect ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 7:41 PM

This reminds me of my own experience with Vickie....I had her for a very long time before trying to apply any type of texture to her and I am getting the same type of results you are showing here....Plus, after I did one of her upgrades it left me with three versions of her in my Poser figure library with names like the following.... I've got Vicki, Vicki Map and Vicki Map2...Am I nuts or does this sound familiar to anyone else around here?

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 8:48 PM

file_165383.jpg

I guess I've got it. I did as clouded suggested and removed the eyebrows. But I was going to offer this texture for free, doesn't seem right to offer a texture without eyebrows.....

-Galileo

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 9:06 PM

Not sure how you removed the eyebrows without leaving big holes in her head ...Unless this is eve or one of the other ones ...The standard female has the eyebrows simply as a subdivision of the head texture ... Kennect .. that is correct S The Vicki is without maps applied .. the other two have maps, one with more makeup on the face ... As for the eyebrows, Vicki is a bit different ... the eyebrows there will have transparancy maps for them and you will be able to see the head below ...

kennect ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 9:42 PM

OK Ghost, thanks for the info but that still leaves me with one basic question....Which of my three Vicki's is the best for me to go after when I want to use her? Dumb question I know but I don't use her enough to understand what is going on....And to sound even more dumb, am I right to say by your response this problem doesn't exist with Michael? As you can tell I am a little confused about the entire issue and this was the first time I have seen someone else question something that seems in line with what I am experiencing with her.....

carina ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 9:50 PM

I had the same problem the other day and it drove me nuts! Actually, I dont quite remember how I solved it... but I think I painted the eyebrows darker on the texturemap, set the figure to white and I also use the Smooth Brow morph, and a Thinner Higher Brows morph, both from morph world I think. Gee, I wish my memory wasnt so short...

carina ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 10:00 PM

Yeah, checked Morph world and thats where I got the morphs. Its Fem Face pack 17 and 47, on the Fem face page. I do find that they help if you want to cover up those poser brows. http://morphs.bbay.com/femface.html

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2001 at 11:03 PM

kennect .. No rght answer to your question but here is what I have done. I deleted the cr2 for the vickies with maps ... kept the maps of course but I normally will grab a different one tha the stock texture a lot of times. Same thing for Michael. I needed the room on my harddrive S The biggest thing to remember is what goes where. with a stock white Vicki or Michael I load in the body first, then the head texture with the "apply the texture to whole figure" thing selected ... Then I turn off the box and take the body, nipples, toenails, fingernails and on Vicki the tongue, teeth and inner mouth (don't ask me why it is on the body) materials back to the body texture. Then you take the eyebrows, upper eyebrows and eyelashes and make them a color. Normally I do a variation on what the hair will be. Load in the transmap and crank the min and max to 100 and render away S Think that is mostly it .. Hope that helps

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 7:13 AM

Ghost: it is posette. I removed the eyebrows from :🇲🇾: texture. Since I couldn't get rid of the stupid eyebrows on posette. I do have the eyebrow smoother, but I want the texture to work for someone who doesnt have it. Does she look ok??

-Galileo

BillyGoat ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 8:50 AM

Hay Lady, your texture looks great! That last render looks fine to me. I can't make a texture to save my life, but I don't always start off with the texture at 100%. Some need to be lighter, and as you go lighter you get the double eyebrow effect. As you go more towards 80-100% the texture eyebrow fully covers the area. I use a 30 - 50% bmp on some eyebrows for the best effect. Thanks for creating a brown eyed gal... Some browns can really melt your heart.

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 9:42 AM

Not exactly sure what you need here but the 'Upper Eyebrows' are for transparency maps that give the brows some depth... I.e when you render Vicki or Mike from the side, the brow hairs seem to protrude naturally from the face. The normal brows just get painted on the head texture. If you don't want to use the 'Upper Brows' there is an MT on her head to make them go inside the head and not be visible.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.