Sat, Sep 21, 9:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Strange Car 'Mascot

Nameless_Wildness ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2006 at 4:55 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:27 AM

file_353818.jpg

Gotta have good eyesight !!!! ![](../../mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/blink.gif) Dont know the yr...but Vintage

Seemed a bit weird to me...but I guess in those days...it wasnt!

Radlafx ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2006 at 10:09 PM

Yes it does look a little strange.. Can you rip it of and send it to me? (JK) ;o] I hope someone here nows what its for (is) and will tell us.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2006 at 6:24 PM

yes, it's a little stange this one....

Zachary_Hunt ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 6:37 AM

file_354054.jpg

> Quote - Gotta have good eyesight !!!! > ![](../../mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/blink.gif) > Dont know the yr...but Vintage > > Seemed a bit weird to me...but I guess in those days...it wasnt!![](../../mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/confused.gif)

This is a 1927 Morris Chump, So the chap in the garage told me. It’s in a vintage car restorer near Edinburgh; I can pass the chaps details on, when I find them, if you like. I’m sure he will know everything you want to know, he told me loads but it was month’s age and I can’t remember everything he said, but he restored this one himself.

Blessed Be,

Zachary

CavalierLady ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 7:32 AM

These can still be bought today.  We put one on a 1933 International Pickup that we restored.  It is sort of akin to a thermostat and you can tell if things are getting too hot.  Your image shows a fancier one that we bought.  I don't remember if we got it from the antique cars parts supply in OKCity or ordered it from the Hemmings Magazine.  But they were quite common in that era.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.