Mon, Sep 9, 6:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Registration

deevee ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2006 at 6:40 PM · edited Wed, 08 November 2023 at 12:23 AM

A friend of mine who use Lightwave, saw the Vue Infinite / lightwave bundle, and decided to purchace it. He has no interest in Vue and I have none in lightwave, so he gave me the Vue disk with the serial number. I installed it and tried to register it, however an error message appeared informing me that it was a bundled version and that Lightwave would have to be registered.

Has anyone else had this problem? if you did how did you get around it. It is a perfectly legitimate version. I have bought vue 4 and 5. but because of updates for infinite I would like to have it registered also. Any help would be appreciated.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2006 at 7:00 PM

I'm fairly certain that the copy of Vue in the bundle is tied to the Lightwave serial.
You could try contacting E-on, on the off chance that they'll do a license transfer.

deevee ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2006 at 7:08 PM

Thanks, I contacted them, as you are aware I have to wait at least 48 hours and I MAAY get a reply. I will just contine using it as it is paid for and is ligitimate. I will await their reply and keep interested parties informed.

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2006 at 5:11 AM

Deevee, I'm afraid this Vue licence is tied to the Lightwave licence, so the Lightwave licence nbr must be given to e-on ( no big deal, I think) But I'm not sure you will be allowed to use it, I suupose both Vue & Lightwave must be installed on the same machine.

Contacting e-on is the best option.

deevee ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2006 at 9:43 AM

Thanks for all your replies, it is appreciated. I have no intention of using lightwave, or installing it on this machine just so that I can register Infinity, so I guess that will be that until I hear from them.

Stay safe and healthy,

deevee,

Joe.

deevee ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2006 at 6:45 PM

I did receive a very prompt reply from e-on as follows:

'Unfortunately, this won't be possible.

The LightWave bundle was a special offer for LightWave users done so that both products can't be separated.

So this is why you can't register it.

Sorry

Best regards.

Matt River'

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.