Thu, Sep 19, 9:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:20 pm)

Subject: a woman walks....

airolo ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 9:42 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:41 PM

As I know, when a woman is walking, some parts of her anatomy are not linked to the skeleton, and the movements that you have to take in charge when making an animation should include this aspect. As far as I know, there is no basic solution, I mean a real walkdesigner including breast movements avalaible for Poser. Is somewhere a genius or more simply an efficient animator having solved this problem ?

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 10:21 AM

There IS a python script called "Jiggle" or something like that, tha applies the poser physics to anatomy.  I never used it, so don't know how useful it is.  It might be over at vanishingpoint.com.  That is very helpful, but it might be a starting point.  Other people have solved this problem, I just don't remember much about it, since I do no do animations.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 10:37 AM

there are morphs for V3 called >breastlift < or similar that can be used to make the breasts jiggle .
I believe there is a similar morph for the buttocks.

Walk designer does not put in any morphs. (that I know of)

Dennis445 ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 10:55 AM

I could be wrong but I thought Nerds3D had a walk designer add for Victoria 3.

spedler ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 11:22 AM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/jiggles4.zip

The 'jiggle' script was by ockham, and can be found at the link.

Steve

vince3 ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 11:30 AM

to be convincing, you are gonna have to do it yourself throughout the anim anyway!!! if she walks you make one type of movement , if she leans another, if she jumps another yet again, it's the fine details like that that you apply yourself, that makes an animation stand out from another!

if you spend the time to do it yourself, then maybe add dynamic clothing too, you will be pleasantly surprised at the results you can get. worth learning how to do it yourself.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 11:43 AM

or just used the old 'nose cone'-style bras so fashionable in the 50's..;) an earthquake wouldn't move them..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 7:09 PM

OK, I speak for the male figures being animated.  They have parts which, strictly speaking, should jiggle in their own manner as well, when not taut.  There should be a solution for that too, because some people require realism in their animations, for whatever reasons.

Eternal Hobbyist

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 11:14 PM

And then there's the real reason that CG people don't look convincing no matter how good the textures and shaders are: everyone jiggles, even thin people. Fat jiggles more noticably, and the more fat in any given area, the more noticably it jiggles; only the most undernourished, anorhexic people have (practically) no fat.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 11:43 PM

Oh, I just had a thought...  chubby figures ought to have jiggly bits when rendered in animation sequence.  I'm sure that I've seen that sort of realism done by professional 3DCG studios for recent films.  However, I don't know if there is a way to get that effect in Poser and/or DAZ Studio for that matter. 

And, the distortions of the facial flesh when a character is punched in the face, rendered in slow motion sequence.  Maybe this is a bit too challenging for my Poser  6 software !

Eternal Hobbyist

vince3 ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 12:36 AM · edited Mon, 18 September 2006 at 12:51 AM

it's not, not possible, as you can use the morphs to do this! but to make it look right, you are gonna have to do it a few times to get it "subtle", to begin with it will look excagerated, but with fine tuning, can be made to look right.

for male anotomy (men sway, not jiggle!! just checked!) this can be achieved by using either the segments of the part, with the side to side morphs, or using the posing morphs usually used to "flop" when lying down, on one side, so you could use the lie to the right/left dials.but again subtlty is key, otherwise you end up with a "snake charmer effect"

but if you wanted walking aswell as "jiggle", you need hip rotation, and weight displacement, and compensated body shift, compensating for weight displacement, then variation in walk, if you think about someone walking up to a pedestrian crossing, and the actions they do approaching,arriving at, and leaving said pedestrian crossing, so they might avoid/monuvere around someone as they arrive at the crossing, then they might be the one that presses the button(for the green man) then stand there maybe impatiently looking around for when it's safe to cross, then cross, lots of movement going on there.weight shifting to change direction to  avoid collision, weight displacement and balance to lean over to press button and so on... 

or maybe someone pacing up and down, talking to themselves, maybe reciting a proposal or something, with the walking(feet motion) there is also gonna be hand gesturing, as they go over what they are gonna say, speech and facial movement and emphasising hand gesture, to make a point, all is possible with poser but it takes time to create, you have to accept that it takes time and settle down to take your time, so as to make an anim worth looking at.

there are lots of free mo-cap files (motion capture) out there, that you can use to assist you. there is so much more that you can do with posers animation palette than just make a 30 frame walk cycle loop with wobbly boobs.you just have to put the work in.

"ok scene one ,take two, roll 'em................no ! ,no! vicky baby! i said clothes on for this scene!!!CLOTHES ON!!!...cut!..CUT!!!"

micsteel ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 7:22 PM

Quote - Oh, I just had a thought...  chubby figures ought to have jiggly bits when rendered in animation sequence.  I'm sure that I've seen that sort of realism done by professional 3DCG studios for recent films.  However, I don't know if there is a way to get that effect in Poser and/or DAZ Studio for that matter. 

And, the distortions of the facial flesh when a character is punched in the face, rendered in slow motion sequence.  Maybe this is a bit too challenging for my Poser  6 software !

Magnets! Or make your own morphs, or re-rig the figure.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 10:15 PM

Now that's an idea.  In fact...  that Create Wave function... hmmm...

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.