Mon, Sep 9, 7:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Free Hiro

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 11:45 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 7:08 AM

I just noticed that DAZ is giving Hiro away free.  They have a pack of models for free download at Download.com.  (There are links on DAZ's Hiro product page.)  V3, M3, Aiko, and Hiro are the models in the pack. 

I notice Toon Hiro was released today, too.  I didn't get Toon Aiko, having a lot of toon females already, but I think I will buy Toon Hiro. I'm not much into toons, but you need one every once in awhile.  And there aren't that many toony males around. 

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 12:07 AM

Well I want the next Hiro tweak to turn out like THIS !!

http://www.superdollfie.net/en/sd/limited/sd16/yukinojosawaragi.html

Eternal Hobbyist

Foxseelady ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 1:23 AM

Oh cool!! Thanks Randy for pointing that one out that's great! I've wanted to check him out for some time now So I'm a very happy camper and likely would have missed this if you hadn't said something. Much appreciated! Off to play with my Hiro!

p.s that tweak would be cool wouldn't it ;) lol

mylemonblue ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 1:37 AM · edited Wed, 20 September 2006 at 1:37 AM

The people at VOLK realy are amazing with their creations.

:b_smile:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

webmaster421 ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 1:57 AM

Thank you for the heads up!

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 2:01 AM · edited Wed, 20 September 2006 at 2:06 AM

This is the Download.com link

http://www.download.com/Poser-DAZStudio-3D-Models-Pack/3000-6677_4-10581779.html?tag=lst-0-3

Funny... I was doing a search for Hiro at Daz3D and suddenly I discovered HiroToon

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=4571

Daz giving a lot of advertisment to its Girls' releases but nothing to its Boys' ones... mwhahaha

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

MartinW ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 4:15 AM

Thanks for the heads-up - I'd been toying with getting Hiro and now I can get the base for free.

Time to think about texturing, morphs, etc...

arcady ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 4:54 AM

The Daz forums have had two Hire toon threads going all day.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

DarrenUK ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 5:26 AM

I know that the base figures for V3 and M3 have been free for sometime, perhaps all of these free releases are due to the fact that new figures will be out soon.

The November issue of 3D World speaks of the imminent realease of V4; with M4 and Girl 2 to follow. These new figures will be "able to benefit from the company's new OptiTex dynamic clothing technology." This technology is able to create clothing that drapes naturally due to it's system based on real-world textile desin technology. " Unlike e frontier's similar Virtual Fashion Basic, released a couple of months ago, OptiTex is said to be capable of creating automatically conforming clothes".

I don't whether OptiTex will be a stand alone product that could create clothes for use in Poser or if it will be a Plugin for Daz Studio. Hopefully it will be the former. 

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 6:04 AM

Heh...time to save up some doe-ray-me-doe for the new V4and M4 figures. It will be interesting to see what they will come up with over at daz.

My Facebook Page

pitklad ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 6:30 AM

Thanks for the info!!!
Hiro always seamed nice,it is great that he is free now!

:biggrin:

My FreeStuff

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 1:07 PM

The "Stratus McCloud" character for Hiro might be a start on that Dollfie thing. 

Stratus and all the other DAZ original Hiro stuff is 50% off now.

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 2:49 PM · edited Wed, 20 September 2006 at 2:53 PM

Quote -
Well I want the next Hiro tweak to turn out like THIS !!

[ http://www.superdollfie.net/en/sd/limited/sd16/yukinojosawaragi.html/quote]  

Wow!  The promo pics make it look like a  wax statue!  Kinda creepy looking as well! :scared:  Like he's going to melt or something.  Don't misunderstand...I'd buy him in a heartbeat!  I'm not one to pass up a unique looking character like that.

OMG!!  I just went back to the page and had a better look...IT IS A DOLL!  I thought it was a new morph for Hiro that was a WIP!   Is there a color for "Fool" in the crayon box? :blushing:

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 3:00 PM

Now where can we find the best freebies to go with Hiro? (Besides Poserworld... I'm already looking through their stuff. ) :P

vilian ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 3:21 PM · edited Wed, 20 September 2006 at 3:24 PM

Best Hiro freebies are Adzan's clothes at DAZ Freepository forum. Going through PoserClub.jp may bring some very nice faces and clothes too (school boy uniform, swim trunks). Rendo freestuff has Sarasara2 hair made especially for Hiro. I'd dig through my treasures to list all freebies for Hiro I have but unfortunately I'm not at home, where my rendering machine and all the archives are :( Hope this makes a nice starter though :)

Edit: don't forget about H3-D3 hybrid that comes with Hiro (Hiro's head on David's body). This way you can use David's clothes if you have any - and if not, go and get D3 Imagination Gown at DAZ weekly freebies archive, apart of that silly hat it's a very versatile outfit.

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 8:23 PM

Hey, never turn down free characters..you may never see the offer again..or wait years...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 10:24 PM

Oh, and while Hiro is now free-free-free, I have been very happy using the Capsces Hittoro morph set on him.  That's commercial though, and I think you get it over at DAZ.

Eternal Hobbyist

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2006 at 11:56 AM

In case you're wondering, this is the FULL Hiro figure. All morphs included. Nothing extra to buy except hair, clothes & maybe a few textures if you want. Best buy is the Hiro Starter pack which is half price until midnight tonight, then it's 30% off for the rest of the sale.

And if you're a Harry Potter fan, Antonio & Jepe's "Daniel" works on him too. Plus, "Stratus McCloud" from Daz is a nearly perfect Draco Malfoy.  ;-)

AshleyW ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2006 at 12:25 PM

Thank you randym77 for the info.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 2:05 PM

Warning to the Mac people.... These are exe files and therefore PC versions of the installers.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 2:19 PM

I do believe there's a Mac version too. :-)

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 4:31 PM

I couldn't find one.

TDO ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 5:52 PM

Dyslexia: creatively misspelling won word at a time even with a spell checker.

jartz ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 2:13 AM

Thanks to the original poster for this info.

I downloaded this for I got V3, M3 and the A3base but not Hiro.

I'm so glad to have foud it.

It's always good to get some heads up these days.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 3:20 PM

Thanks TDO!

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2007 at 2:56 PM

This is now the only place to get M3,V3,A3, and Hiro for Free,

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2007 at 3:09 PM

Yep, M3 is now no longer free at Daz. Hope that means there's gonna be an M4 release soon.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 2:41 PM

Actually, it turns out M3 and A3 aren't free due to a clerical error. They're werkin' on it.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 5:30 PM · edited Wed, 04 July 2007 at 5:32 PM

Nuts! Looks like Fickle was up to her old tricks again. Guess it's gonna be a long, long time before I get me a shiny new boy toy to play with. :-(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.