Sun, Oct 6, 1:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Proz. function????

viche12345 ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 11:32 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

What is it? It is seen in one of the pictures in the gallery. The function is used to enhance detail of terrain. But how does it work? Can anyone show me more details?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1293111

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 12:53 AM

The program is called Geo Control and it is a terrain generating program.

Ck out the link

http://www.cajomi.de/GeoControl/geocontrol.htm

viche12345 ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 9:34 PM

Ah, ok. So the proz. function (whatever it's called) is not available in Vue, but in Geocontrol. I thought this function was used in Vue.

I was wrong. Thanks for the help!

cajomi ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2006 at 7:02 AM

no, I meant Vue5inf.

First I load the terrain as tga image into Vue. Then I changed the terrain from standard to prozedural.

Now a 4th. tab is visible, called "Proz", with which you can add a prozedural function to the height generation. I did this, with a fractal noise, modified to only add some detail and not overform the whole terrain.

Johannes Rosenberg
cajomi
-developer of GeoControl-

viche12345 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2006 at 11:55 PM

Ah, I see. LOL. Actually, prozedural is spelled wrong and I got confused. It's PROCEDURAL. Sorry about that. It's ok. I make those mistakes too.

cajomi ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 12:39 AM

I have the german version, there it is written with "z"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.