Sat, Oct 5, 11:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:25 am)

Subject: changing all textures at once

mtone ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2006 at 7:19 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:21 AM

Hi, is there a way to change a character's textures all at once? I know mat pose files do this but some freestuff files are just jpgs and do not contain pose files. I also know that Daz Studio can do this by ctrl clicking on the parts that you wanted to change in their material tab. Can Poser5 do this?

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2006 at 8:03 PM

Yes there is, unfortunately I don't remember how. Be patient someone will come along that can give you the answer.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 2:06 AM

Apply a texture to one body part, then right click in material room and left click on "apply to all", It's something like that anyway, The steps are right but the naming might be off, haven't got it open at the mo'

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

heli232 ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 3:06 AM

This helps a bit, but applies the body texture to all head parts, are there better ways?

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 4:38 AM

I THINK THERE'S A PYTHON SCRIPT BUT i CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE...

(Casette in Search Mode)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 4:40 AM

Attached Link: http://koti.mbnet.fi/~ilaripih/MPEHome/

Yes, that's a draw back of doing it that way.  You have to go back and fix the parts that you don't want the texture on.

The only other way is to make your own MAT  Pose files for the texture using MAT Pose Edit. It's a free program and you can get it at the link above.  I've never been able to figure it out so that my texture applies, but maybe you'll have better luck.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 3:46 PM

ShaderSpider (a utility for sale at DAZ) will do it.  That has got to be the most useful thing I've ever bought for Poser.  It's for P6 only, though. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.