Tue, Sep 24, 12:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: I need an aquaduct

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2006 at 11:00 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:24 PM

file_355093.jpg

I have the 2 volumes of Castle Creator from Kaol but I would like an aquaduct also. This is what I mean.

forester ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 1:43 PM

Hello PilotHigh.

I can do this for you, but unfortunately am traveling at sea for another week. If no one else volunteers, I will do it for you on October 6th, if that is not too late.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 5:39 PM

No it's not too late, that would be great. Thank you very much. 

forester ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 6:34 PM

Yes, ... and it will be my pleasure. I had been wondering what useful thing I could make for freestuff.....

TDO ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 2:31 AM

file_355298.jpg

Hmm, looks e-z, other then the mapping :( I still need to start learning that.

What format?   I'm learning my way around Wings 3d.

Here is my start.

Dyslexia: creatively misspelling won word at a time even with a spell checker.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 8:19 AM

Hi TDO. If you want to try your hand at this just for practice be my guest.  I am using Poser 6. Did you happen to take a look at forester's store. He/she does amazing work! I'm honoured that he/she answered my post. Gee I wish I knew whether forester is male or female; I hate saying he/she all the time. Maybe he/she will chime in. 

TDO ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 10:55 AM · edited Fri, 29 September 2006 at 11:03 AM

Practice? more like learning :P  And yes forester's stuff is amazing.

Poser 6 has materials, right?  I'm cheep: Daz studo and Bryce 5 (Daz was giving Bryce 5 away) .obj and/or 3ds?

What types of aquaduct parts?

My new computer does not have a spell checher and my old system starts to chokes on 3d :P

Tom AKA The Dyslexic One :P which should be a small warning about spelling airs and me. 

josema8 ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 3:13 PM

Pilothigh, did you check this Aqueduct at Renderosity?:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=46571

PilotHigh ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 8:06 PM

josema8, no wonder I couldn't find it by searching; it's a different spelling. It's fairly new too. He is right in his description that it is an antique! It's not as streamlined and dainty as the other one. I will probably buy it anyway for future use. But right now I want to do a fairy picture and I like the look of the 'dainty' one better.

TDO I also have Daz Studio, Bryce and Hexagon but I'm too busy with Poser 6 right now to even learn them. life is too short! 

gotta go...

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 2:43 AM

LOL!...it's the same for me, Pilothigh. I have Vista and Bryce, but I am too busy with Poser itself. I bought Hexagon and I even did wonderful things, but I don't know how to map and texture my creations, so they are stalked since I am unable to finish them. :-(

forester ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 1:42 PM

Pilothigh, my apologies for a short delay here. Somehow, I'm needing to sleep for about 20 hours after all that latest traveling to get back to Colorado. Should have something for you on the 7th. I'll post a download link for you then.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 3:28 PM

forester don't rush on my account. I know what it's like to be exhausted. You can sleep for 20 hours?! All I can manage at one time is 3 hours. Go for it!!

TDO ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 1:17 AM

file_356036.jpg

I have a .OBJ mesh, but texturing?  I used Bryce's materials.

TDO ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 1:20 AM

file_356037.jpg

And up close

josema8 ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 3:56 AM

TDO, nice work on that Aqueduct!!!!!. Textured this should look gorgeous!.

Texturing an .obj is quite that big mistery, however...
I don't know how to do that, either. I stop creating .obj files myself with Hexagon due the impossible mission of texturing the stuff and getting these damn texture templates for my simple objects. :-(

A right request to do should be a clear tutorial about how to texture the own created .obj files for Poser.

TDO ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 4:16 AM

It is the size of the texture on this one,   I would love to have a texture for it that would hold up to both foreground and background use.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.