Tue, Oct 22, 1:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Help

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 2:53 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 8:49 AM

Have never had this prob before...Poser6...on a nice machine with 2 gigs ram.....it quits halfway thru a render.....I set it on the lowest settings I can and have rendered fine on this until today.....I am just rendering V3 with AS Seven Seas and a hair. It renders halfway down and then quits, as if I hit the stop render button...wtf?

Thx,

D

Fazzel ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 3:34 PM

Are you sure the renderer has stopped and it isn't just at a particularly complex portion
of the scene and it is taking a long time to calculate that part of the scene?

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 3:47 PM

Run your .obj files through STOMP

There is a short tutorial in this thread that shows how to use it. Very easy. Basically what it does is defrag the geometry file or something like that.

Also, by "smallest size", what do you mean?  If you use a really small bucket size it will take a very long time to render.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 7:44 PM
Online Now!

Also try testing a very small sized final image, and see if that gets rendered to completion.  I mean really small like maybe width 400 height 320, that small.  If it does complete, then could be some memory issues with your machine ?

Eternal Hobbyist

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 11:57 PM

....It renders thru the usually slow areas fine such as the face and hair and then the shoulders...it stops when it gets to the mid chest...nothing there that would cause a problem.  You can tell when a poser render stops...it stops. I shutdown and rebooted, just in case it was memory low. But still happened. Now that i`m home from work will test a smaller pic without the sevenseas outfit. I have heard of issues with it because of the tex size...where resizing fixes.

I was trying to get some renders in for the Mernac contest....:(

Thx for the help folks...will do some testing.

d

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 1:41 AM

Try using the fake trans on the seven seas shirt instead of the "real" one and see if that makes a difference.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

scottl ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 2:24 AM

Thx Karen....tentatively have gotten it to work by reducing the tex sizes from 4096x4096 to 2000x2000. Its after 2a.m. here so hopefully get it set up in the morning for a nice render while i`m at work.

D

scottl ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 12:22 PM

Ok it rendered overnight.....so far so....

d

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.