Sun, Oct 6, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Batch re-sizing

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 11:05 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:25 PM

I've never had to re-size numerous images at once.

I'm not seeing a re-size option under the batch dialog.

Can anyone help me with this?

I'm on a huge deadline for this.

Thanks for any help

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

dreamer101 ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 11:16 AM

Will everything be resized to the same width or height?

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 6:11 PM

If you can't find a way to do it with Photoshop, Irfanview (free) will do batch resizing. http://www.irfanview.com/ To do with Irfanview, File-Batch Conversion/Rename, use advanced options to select size by pixels or percent, along with many other options.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 7:33 PM

dreamer101

Yeah...Every image needs to be the same size (Thank Gawd)

wyrwulf

I forgot all about Infranview.( I usually use PhotoShop for everything) I used to use ACDSee, and it did a pretty good job,but don't have the time to look for it right now.

Client wants a PowerPoint presentation put on 100 CD's with labels for a trade show.

I was supposed to get all of the content last Friday, but they didn't give me the stuff until today... Now I've got to rush the thing.

Isn't that always the case?

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Mikewave ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 8:13 PM · edited Thu, 28 September 2006 at 8:15 PM

Euhm, couldn't you just open the first file you have in Photoshop, press the create new action icon; name it and start recording? Resize it as needed, save as whatever and press stop at the bottom of the actions palette? After that go to automate; batch and just choose to perform the action you just created... That's how I would do it...

Coming soon

dreamer101 ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 10:23 PM

Yes, you would have to record an action of the resize on one of the files and use the batch to run the action. You can even make a droplet. Then sit back and watch it work.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 12:19 AM

Thanks...so many of them were horrible scans, and different aspect ratios , I just used the lo-res versions and cropped and resized right in Power Point.

I'll work on that Action/droplet approach for the future.

Thanks again

Tom

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 5:59 AM

file_355305.jpg

Theres a pretty cool windows "power toy" called image resizer that might be helpful

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

You can select single/multiple images, right click and choose sizing options.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 10:13 AM

Ah...but that windows dl is XP only...sigh...lets us w2k users out of the loop...fortunately I have Irfan as well...LOL

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.