Sat, Sep 21, 4:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Please Read !!!

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 11:33 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:36 AM

Hi Gang...I'd like everyone to express their opinions about how the Photographers Choice Challenge went..

For the future, we have a choice of how we want this to be done..

1. Keep it the way it was this month. Annonymous entries, with Voting (Renderosity Contest Format)

2. Non-annonymous entries with Voting (Renderosity Contest Format)

3. Move the challenge back to the forum. Post all entries in one thread

4. Move the contest back to the forum, place the entries in the gallery and members post link to their entries.

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

ReBorne ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 12:07 PM

Numero Uno!

(",)

When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.

girsempa ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 12:46 PM

Hmm... I have to say that the challenges completely passed me by the last month... seems as if they have gone somewhat out of sight (and out of mind). Could be that I've grown a bit lazy to look for them... But I feel that the challenges were more 'visible' before. So maybe option 3 or 4 would help to cover this...

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 12:50 PM

3 or 4 works for me too. I would lean towards 3 but we'd have to keep the image size down to 800x800 max to keep load times somewhat reasonable. But this way it would all be in one place. Members could still post the images in their galleries.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

nattarious ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 1:32 PM · edited Fri, 29 September 2006 at 1:33 PM

Hello Bruce.. I totally agree with Kort.. It is 3 or 4.. I would say No.3.. so no one will get lost or forgotten. Sigh! :)

Thank you for the thread my friend and wish you and your team a happy weekend..

JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 3:00 PM

I will say this..I don't care what you folks decide..it is YOUR forum...
But..I'm not sure I can find the time to put together a page they way it used to be done...I'm not saying I won't..but there are a zillion things that need to be done around here..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 9:44 PM · edited Fri, 29 September 2006 at 9:47 PM

My thought:

3) Move the challenge back to the forum. Post all entries in one thread.

Here is why...the genre challenge can stay as is, since it is slightly  esoteric compared to the challenge.  And, gallery posts for the challenge don't always mean gallery images a member wants on his or her gallery.  For instance, in the "natrual fractals" challenge I posted an image just right for that challenge but to me was not a "gallery" image, good photography or not.  The appeal was to the "challenge" and not to general membership.    I cannot see a member wanting to post a CD cover, for another instance, as a gallery image but the same is perfect for the challenge.

Lets have one challenge without the voting.  This gives members a chance to comment as the entries go along throughout the time period allowed.  For the genre, voting is fine.  I like to see one with vothing and "suspense" but one with open forum allowed.  

Just my 5 cents worth...with inflation that might not be much.         TomDart.

Dianthus ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 5:33 AM · edited Sat, 30 September 2006 at 5:34 AM

After reading the above comments i feel number one is my vote. Will be easier to do for moderators and allows us to view without knowing the  member who posted it.

Chris:b_smile:

ReBorne ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 8:48 AM · edited Sat, 30 September 2006 at 8:49 AM

I have to say, the reason I went for number one was the anonymity.... at least then it completely rules out past performance and voting for the person instead of the picture.  I don't mean that in a nasty way, just.... well, if you were tied between two pictures and one was someone you like, and the other is someone new or that you aren't as friendly with....well, the friend will always get the vote.  At least anon. entries make it completely fair.

(",)

When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.

Boofy ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 2:11 AM

I agree with number one and four. I prefer the anon feature of this one as i recently had to agonise about whether to vote against a friend. Anon means that all are equal until the gong.

I like it posted in the thread, as it is anon. I know it is smaller but all are in the same boat.

I would really like there to be a separate sticky with a link to the thread as I nearly missed the challennge it as the notification and the sticky was buried in a long thread.

I think that the challenge has been picked by the moderators for next month but I thought this was part of the 'prize', that you had the option of picking the next challenge.

Thanks for the fun.

Boofy.

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 8:52 AM

I would really like there to be a separate sticky with a link to the thread as I nearly missed the challenge it as the notification and the sticky was buried in a long thread.

I missed it,too.Like Geert said,out of sight out of mind for me.Fortunately, I did see the thread that reminded us to vote.

I like the idea having an anonymous challenge and  voting.My only problem with it is, when I went to vote and I needed to view the entries,it took sooooo long to open them that I gave up halfway through and had to rely solely on the thumbs.  :^(

So...if site speed picks up, I'm all for number one. If it doesn't...(sigh)...number three.

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Mich222 ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 9:09 AM

Number one. Only because it's annonymous.

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 12:45 PM

Sorry, one more input from me.  I like one for voting, Genre,  and one without voting, Challenge. Without voting there is no need for anonymous images on that one.

However, it appears "to vote" is the most preferred so far.  Whatever, I will go for the choices of the majority here and the balance with technical requirements to get the "threads" working.   TomDart

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2006 at 8:27 AM

Thanks again  to everyone who took the time to voice thier opinion.. It seems we are split fairly even on which way to proceed with the "Choice" challenge..

Yes, I agree Marlene, the site was REALLY slow in the last few days..It makes it tough to view the entries.

So, with that being said...I'm not sure how we would like to proceed..

I can make sure that there is a seperate thread to announce each challenge..And that there is a seperate thread for each one for voting.(if we keep them both in the contest format)..

I will add links to the header for both of them, and make sure they are updated each time.

I do have the next Genre..I'll set that up tonight.  Likewise, Mich222 has told me of his selection for the Choice challenge.

On a personal note..I like to see things have a well defined time frame..A start and end time.

The one other point is..If we look at the results so far in this thread, we see that it's hard to get a consensus about something like this. It's like picking a theme for a challenge..Everyone has an idea. I would expect nothing less because we are such a diverse group..I don't mean that in a negative way..It's just the way it is, and  think it's great !!

When I get home tonight, I'll get the Genre page complete, and make the announcement thread for that..

Then, I'll review the opinions express here, and we can go from there..

(note to self...Mods need the ability to run polls in our forums)

www.bclaytonphoto.com

PaxSV ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2006 at 2:35 PM

Attached Link: My personal site with fantastic photos

Number one! Bye at all PaxSV

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 12:50 PM

LOL!!! I love the subtle promotion of your own site PaxSV. :biggrin:

I´m gonna go with number 3 on this one. 😄

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.