Tue, Sep 24, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: A3 Webbed-Fingers

Dragonluna1 ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 7:30 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:26 AM

Yeah... me again...

I have not been able to find webbed fingers/hands for A3.... Like for mermaids... mermaids have webbed fingers/hands... none of the mermaids have these, including V3.

This is very important... if anyone can help, please let me know... otherwise I'll be doing A LOT  of postwork on my next pic in which I am doing a real mermaid as opposed to fantasy ones...

Sorry, it's been a BAD day... my calm cat went insane and tried to kill my other cat... my stress level is over the top... so please excuse anything that may sound rude... it's not meant to. =)

Dragonluna1 ( ) posted Mon, 25 September 2006 at 6:28 PM

Well this question for help has been a grave disappointment... not to mention a Blacker Magic conversion to A3...

Back to the drawing board on my own again... bye!

dueyftw ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2006 at 12:07 AM

I have an idea, Four models, one for each hand and foot. They would be smaller then the hand or feet and placed in side and textured. Each would be rigged with bones so you could match almost any had position.

If anyone is up to the challenge be my guest. Currently I'm working on a arm sling.

If not give me a week or two.

Dale

Dragonluna1 ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2006 at 12:29 AM

sounds good to me!

it'll be halloween before I finish my postwork. =)

dueyftw ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2006 at 1:25 AM

Ok.  by next week. Last week someone was using up all their sick time and got staying for their shift. 16 hour days :(

Dale

Dragonluna1 ( ) posted Tue, 26 September 2006 at 10:31 AM

Thank you, blessings, et al! =D

josema8 ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 2:22 PM

Hi there!
I am doing a faery male mermelf character, and I need these webbed fingers too.
Please, if you get something about this, let me know because that stuff, mainly if you create this with a texture template, would be a gorgeous and beautiful present for Delsa, the - unfinished for not having proper hands and feet- mermelf boy  ;-)

dueyftw ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 12:52 AM

file_355387.jpg

I’m working on it. this is what I got so far. I going to try to make four figures, not possible props, Named left hand, right hand, left foot and right foot. They then can be sized down so they are smaller than the hand and moved around to match. Hopefully I will be able to drop rig each one. So all you have to do is save the outer hand in Posers hands and reapply then to the smaller inner hand that has the webbing.

The textrue should come from your figure map.

Dale

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 3:27 AM

It's exactly that I need!!!!. And so, looks so fine so far!!!!

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 6:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3dmenagerie.com/goodies/tut/illch.htm

Useful information for when you do the grouping and boning.

Dragonluna1 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 11:16 AM

Wonderful!!!! =D

josema8 ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 4:25 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_355487.jpg

Well, this is on a very basic stage, Delsa, the mermelf boy (just for curious, he is a boy, the penis, like dolphins, is inside the front slit :blushing:).

As you can see, Delsa needs some webbed fingers if he wants to swim around corals and perhaps adventure inside the river end to peep these strange brother elves who can swim where there is no water!.  . :rolleyes:

dueyftw ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 11:01 AM

file_355506.jpg

This is what it will look like with no textures

dueyftw ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 11:04 AM · edited Sun, 01 October 2006 at 11:05 AM

file_355507.jpg

The hardest part is the rigging. Otherwise when you move the hand, this happens.

Dale

Dragonluna1 ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 11:56 AM

I wish I could send you my mermaid sketches, but my scanner is currently possessed and refuses to work....  you webbing is circular (not being picky) mermaid webbing is U shaped between the fingers. Just trying to help, not criticizing, mind you, obviously this is not an easy job. It's like a duck's foot.

dueyftw ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 12:53 PM

I know. Hopefully I will add one morph that will add the u shape. If I can't finsh this I will have 3 or 4 preset objects that will do the fill for the webing. I know it not the best but as you said it not as easy as it sounds.

Dale

Dragonluna1 ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 1:26 PM

If I could figure all these programs out, I'd be making all sorts of things... but unfortunately, they just get me annoyed and frustrated and I give up, trying to do everything in post work, if needed. Tutorials are useless for me. If there was someone here, at my desk with me, showing me how to do the stuff, I'd be off like the wind. But there's nobody around my area, it seems. I am a visual learner, not a written one. The latter is for emergencies only. LOL!

dueyftw ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 11:47 PM

I figured out how to do this. I’m using the wrong approach. I simply don't have the skills to make one hand that fits inside another and is boned to match. The new way is to brake apart the webbing into four figures for each hand. Each webbing will have eight bones and will be able to move to match almost any finger position except a closed fist.

I going to do the same thing I did to make the arm sling. It should be done in a few days. My weekend from work is coming up ‘ Wednesday  , Thursday ’ and will be done then.

Dale

josema8 ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2006 at 3:47 PM

And now...How go your webbed fingers, Dueyftw? 🤤

dueyftw ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2006 at 7:53 PM

I have been working on it. But the bettween the day job with tons of overtime and a new toy,  Wacom, has taken up most of my time. I haven't given up, it just I have to up my skills on Poser morphs.

Dale

dueyftw ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 12:48 AM · edited Mon, 23 October 2006 at 12:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.lulu.com/content/482507

file_357429.jpg

This is a morphing plate to put between fingers. It has 15 morph's. Try each dial before using it. On an open hand it should be ok.

I might have to make a separate plate for the thumb and index finger. Let me know.

You have to join Lulu to down load “ It’s Free”

Dale

josema8 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 10:01 AM

mmmmh!!!...Looks good!. This should work. Aplying a semitransparent material would do a perfect membrane. I will check with my marine character.

Thanks a lot for your work, dueyftw!

dueyftw ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 11:40 PM

If you are having any problems, post back here with pictures and I will see what I can do.

Dale

josema8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 1:17 PM

What should I do to texture this?, have you a template?

dueyftw ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 4:33 PM

Add a 2d image map and use defuse color and specular attached to it. Then try transparency set to 75 to 90 and add transparency_falloff no more than .005

Dale

josema8 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:40 AM

This works OK.

It's a little bit dificult to bend and match the webs when fingers grasp, but using the morphs and rotating the object this can be done. I had a file corruption and I lost my character, but I will rebuild and post examples for you to see :-D

dueyftw ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 9:09 PM

If you bend more than 30 degrees it will not work, Open hands with the fingers spread. It take time and patience to get them in the right position.

Dale

josema8 ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 3:24 PM

file_358023.jpg

Here is my character using the web fingers. :-D Still needs some postwork on textures but that's the idea.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.