Fri, Oct 4, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Why is this happening?

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 10:44 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:39 PM

file_165504.jpg

I'm having a problem with Vicki's clothes. I have all the Poser and Vicki updates loaded, so it shouldn't be happening. She bursts out of her clothes. It's happening with everything I put on her. What's happening here? It's never done this before. It seems to have only started in the last few days. Has Vicki gained weight or something? It' gets worse as I move her arms and legs around into poses. Help! Melanie

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 10:56 AM

That looks like it is one of the un-upated figures ... I know I got sooo confused with all of them and finally had to do a comparisson to make sure I had the right one and deleted the other one just to be sure ... Otherwise .. Are you patched? I know it is suppossed to only work in 4.03 or whatever though I am in 4.02

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 11:20 AM

I have 4.03 installed. I also have the Vicki clothing pak update and the Vicki update. To make sure they were there, I reinstalled them this morning, then tested the clothes and it's still doing it. This is why I'm confused. It wasn't doing this a week ago, and suddenly yesterday, it started doing it. But it's also doing it with brokered clothing and the freebies that I've downloaded. It's like the Vicki figure suddenly expanded. Could be monthly water weight, but I don't think it's that simple. :) Melanie

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 11:29 AM

Uhm ...You check any scaling? anything else I am not sure in the slightest ...

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 12:04 PM

Ghost, thanks for trying. I haven't done anything different than I usually do. She's the same default Vicki I've always used and I haven't done anything to the clothing. Oh well. I'll figure something out. Waiting for the new Vicki 2. Maybe that'll fix it. Melanie

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 12:14 PM

No clue then ... good luck S

darchangel ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 1:21 PM

ewwwwww... retch vickis legs look like that? those legs look like they belong on a 70 year old eastern european peasant field-worker. hehe, im glad i kept eve4 and the 90 bucks i would have spent on vicki. (no offense meant to eastern europeans -- i was born in eastern europe)

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 2:03 PM

Vickie has two morphs for her legs, to thicken the calf and middle of the thigh, with them at 100% her legs aren't bad at all, maybe her best feature, in fact. See the picts at DAZ on my new shoes- leg shots, natch. The mystery is why those settings weren't the default!

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 2:37 PM

I was having major trouble with the Catsuit fitting Victoria. I had read, might have been Jim Burton in fact, who said that the 'soften hip' morph that is on several of the body parts was the problem and to set them to zero before conforming clothing. I still had problems so I went through every Vicki cr2 I have and using Morph Manager, simply deleted that morph from the body parts in question. Now the catsuit and other peices of clothing conform fairly nicely, but there is break through on the arms, ect which has to be tweeked but nothing to the degree as you have pictured here. I do not know if it is the same morph causing your problems or not. It's worth checking though. You'll find that morph on hips, abdomen, breast area...ect. Try setting that morph to zero and conform clothing. If it helps, you might consider what I did--just getting rid of that morph. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 2:46 PM

Thanks, Liz, I'll give that a try. I can't imagine why this just happened when it had been working fine before. I appreciate your help. I'll let you know if it works. Melanie

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 2:53 PM

I hope so. I love the catsuit model for P4 Fem so I wanted to make some textures for Vikki's catsuit (maybe to sell) that's when I found I couldn't get the suit to conform to her for nothing. Before that I'd only tinkered with nudes and didn't realize there was a problem with her clothes. I remembered the discussion about that morph and decided to delete it. I even took it off the catsuit itself. Now the only problem is break through at elbows and shoulders, the places where P4 breaks through also which an be solved by making that body part invisible (a bust though if you're using a transmap to cut holes in the sleeves down the arm though). This was time consuming because I have about 8 Vicki Cr2 loaded in my Victoria folder but I went and took that morph off of all of them. My main complaint with her though has always been her face...not feminine enough to begin with.... Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

the3dwizard ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 3:18 PM

Why don't you try re-installing Vicky?

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 4:23 PM

ewww... I agree with darchangel not just the legs but the size of her neck and her head shape. Eck! I'msticking with Eve and posette!

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 5:27 PM

Check the post about Rogue's site, he has some nice shaping morphs for her legs. When I work with Vikki, I scale her head up because it's too small for her body size...As far as I'm concerned, Vicki's body joints are probably her best feature. I was not happy with her face at all. Posette has such a pretty face to begin with. I've got Eve as well (though not the newest one out) And she's nice but has some problems as well... Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

darchangel ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 6:40 PM

the only problem that ive had with eve is the deformations around her lower abdomen, but that is caused by the dozens of genitalia modifications/morphs. it is easily fixed by installing the smooth gen morph you can get at morph world. theres no reason that female poser models require posable genitals anyways, thats going a bit too far. as for vicky and how to "fix" her or "patch" her: if i buy the vicky cd she better be damned appealing when i install her. i shouldnt have to sit there for hours "tweaking" a product that i just purchased for over $120 canadian, not when there are superior models available for free. michael is worth the money though, hes far superior to the hopeless poser dork, and there doesnt seem to be much interest in creating free male models out there. at least 60% of downloads i see for poser involve breasts. hehe.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 7:11 PM

I like Vicki .. never useher head as is though. Just don't like wide mouths on people normally. As for Eve ... I haven't found a use for her really. She poses badly if you use any premade poses, she doesn't have a large wardrobe and I am too lazy to go through the effort to fix the clothes just to cover her up ... Plus I don't like the barbe doll nature of her it can be fixed but she is unusable as she stands just like you think Vickie is S

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2001 at 2:32 PM

this looks like you have the chest part scaled to about 105% of normal on the X axis. Have you checked scaling?

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2001 at 8:14 PM

Black-canary, I'm using the stock Vicki without any adjustements. I tried scaling the chest, shoulders, arms, every combination I can think of, and it still doesn't work. I'm really frustrated. It never did this until a few days ago, and I haven't done anything different to it. It's so strange. I appreciate your input. Melanie

black-canary ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 8:51 AM

hm. One of the gotcha's with vicky and her clothes is that some morphs dials apply to the body as a whole instead of to the individual parts. Make sure you select "body" from the dropdown and check scaling and "soften hip" on that to see if it's set right. Her shoulders just don't look "right" to me. They look wider than what I'm used to seeing. I'll check on my pc when I get home and see if I can figure out how to duplicate the problem. In the meantime, you can d/l a fresh cr2 from daz3d for free on the vicky page, and see if the same problem occurs with that. If it does, the problem is with the dress. If not, the problem is with your vicky cr2 and you can transfer the morphs to the new one with morph manager. Maybe I can find an easier fix, tho. I'll let you know.

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 8:16 PM

Thanks, Canary, is the new CR2 same as the Vicki update? Or is there something else specifically called Vicki CR2? I'll go check DAZ and see if there's something I missed. I just reloaded Vicki and the latest update just to make sure and it keeps stumping me. I'll try the soften hip morph and see what that does. It's so weird because I've been using Vicki since she was first released a year ago, and this hasn't happened before. I really appreciate your help. Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 8:20 PM

OK, I just went and checked DAZ's Vicki page and I see that the new CR2 is the 1/12/01 update and I've already installed that. I'm considering completely deleting Vicki and reinstalling her from scratch. It's a chore, with the update, setting my favorite texture as default, etc., but it might be worth a try. Melanie

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 9:30 PM

melanie, if you've replaced the default .cr2 already, then might it be an altered /geometry/ .rsr or .obj perhaps? (you know all this already right?) ...yadda yadda ... Rather than the reinstall, try just deleting Vicky's .rsr in the geometry folder and let Poser rebuild a new one. However, a corrupt .rsr will usually just not open at all. It really sounds like a problem in the .cr2 (which you've replaced?)or the .obj file itself. To replace the .obj without losing your prefs, try doing it in a new directory and then just moving the .obj file. I don't remember if the install executable will let you do that though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.