Mon, Oct 21, 5:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: I've been banned from 3d Model World?

Pinto ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 9:51 AM · edited Fri, 18 October 2024 at 10:31 PM

Tried 3d Model World and I get a page saying I've been banned for using Download utilities...all I've got is EI5 and a 56k dial modem. LOL. Is it just me or have any of you experienced this? The contact link doesn't work on the banned page, how can I contact Lannie to get off the bad boy list I never should have been on? Obviously a problem in the software. Pinto

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 10:10 AM

I just got somethiing similar when I tried to get there. I know they were updating the page and all and it might simply be in between stages.

Dmentia ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 11:37 AM

check out the c&d forumn, the owner of the server got po'd and shut it down...look for a post by billywig or something of that nature

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 12:17 PM

I'm unable to access the site right now, but I think we should all talk to Lannie about 3dModelWorld before jumping to conclusions.

pdblake ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 12:55 PM

I just went there and downloaded Bloodsong's Gems fine.

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 1:00 PM

Seems there may be a view IP addresses banned due to a wildcard block, I've jsut let Lannie know about this. When I hear back I'll keep you guys informed.

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 1:00 PM

few IPs, rather.... DOH!

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 1:30 PM

Also keep in mind that most "dial up" services assign 'dynamic IP addressing'. This means that your particular ISP has a pool of IPs that they assign each time you log on. Your IP this connection will be someone else's at xxxx.com or xxx.net after you log off as well as the IP you currently are assigned was some else's before you logged on. Now for the "stiky" part - if someone else on your ISP also visits the same site(s) as you and abuses the server while he/she is carrying that particular IP then you are now on the same "bad-boy list". Three things to do. 1) Log off and back on a few minutes latter and try again. 2) Contact your ISP and beg for them to contact the site owner.....but don't hold your breath. 3) POLITLY approch the web site owner and discuss it with them. Most important! Be polite, be patiant. Life is rough...but you will 'catch more flies with honey than with viniger'.

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 1:36 PM

Actually, it seems this is not an isolated problem, as I have a static IP... Mine and mine alone.... and haven't even been to the site in some time... certainly never used a Download Daemon with it.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 1:45 PM

What are these ever so illegal Download Daemons or DOwnload Utilities?

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 1:45 PM

I just got a reply from Lannie... seems they are doing some maintainence to the site and working on the script itself. It was confirmed however, that I definately should not have been getting the blocked IP message. The issues should be handled shortly.

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 1:45 PM

Download Accelerator, Real Download, GetRight, GoZilla, to name a few.

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 1:49 PM

Seems to have been handled effectively now... let me know if you guys have any more problems, and i'll forward your complaints to lannie.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.