Sat, Oct 5, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Somewhat OT: Attention to detail

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 3:29 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 4:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=Little_Dragon

Visit Little Dragon's freestuff, and examine the animated thumbnails for the Furrette 2.x sportswear textures. Note how the animations are synchronised so that the textures for the tops and bottoms always match each other. Marvel at the attention to small but not insignificant details that it takes to achieve such an effect. I could kick off a rant about how some merchants and artists don't seem able to apply the same level of care, but I'm feeling benevolent so I won't. I just wanted LD to know that *someone* had noticed - and now, we all have... 😉

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 3:52 AM

As you were. It only seemed to happen that way in Opera - I tried it in other browsers (marvel at that, if you will!) and the synchronism was lost. Rant, anyone? :tt2:

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 7:10 AM

animation is way beyond me, I havent' even started with Magnets yet..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Jimdoria ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 12:49 PM

The Poser animation in these is pretty simple - a rotating figure is just about the simplest animation you can make. Take 30 frames, and divide 360 (degrees in a full circle) by 30 to get 12 degrees per frame. So frame 2 is rotated 12 degrees on the Y axis beyond frame 1. Frame 3 is 24 degrees further than frame 1, etc. When you're done, frame 30 and frame 1 should be identical, so you can just throw out frame 30 and have a seamlessly looping 29 frame animation.

As for the synchronized effect in Opera, when the animation begins to play back depends on how quickly the browser can load the image and begin to display it, and how faithfully it honors the timing embedded in the animated GIF. I have heard Opera's page renderer is extremely fast, and this would seem to bear that out. Both GIFs are loading so quickly that it's close to simultaneous, or maybe the page doesn't display (and the animation doesn't begin) until after all the files have been retrieved. Either way, what you get is they both appear and start playing at the same time, and are therefore in sync.

Other (slower) browsers load and render one GIF first and then the other, start playing them at different times, and so the synchronization is lost. Also, in my experience IE often ignores the timing info in the GIF that's supposed to control the speed of the animation, so that might be an issue too.

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 1:39 PM

apple sez that safari has the fastest page renderer of any browser, but they may be somewhat biased :lol: since they'll be selling machines that can boot into both leopard and vista (without restart) next year, more folks will be able to see for themselves.

Stegy ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 8:14 PM

Putting Vista on a Mac almost seems like putting fuzzy dice on a Bentley.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.