Thu, Sep 19, 11:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: broken bottle prop (and others) desperately needed!

RCT ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 1:08 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:44 PM

I urgently need the following props for a project: BROKEN BOTTLE (preferably a beer or wine bottle) CRICKET BAT SURGEON'S SCALPEL TYRE IRON (y'know, one of those things you unscrew a car wheel's bolts with, to change the tyre... don't know if this is the correct name for it!) Props can be for either Poser or Bryce, I don't mind. If they're free props, even better, but I don't mind paying for them. I've searched all the usual suspects, but can't seem to find any out there: does anyone know of any? Thanks in advance, Rob.

RCT ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 1:40 PM

Oh, I forgot to add: I really need a POSEABLE WALLET too, complete with driver's license, credit cards, cash etc. It would be really great if it had a leather texture too, but that's not absolutely necessary. Am I asking too much?:-) Rob

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 2:03 PM

Quote - I urgently need the following props for a project: BROKEN BOTTLE (preferably a beer or wine bottle) CRICKET BAT SURGEON'S SCALPEL TYRE IRON (y'know, one of those things you unscrew a car wheel's bolts with, to change the tyre... don't know if this is the correct name for it!) Props can be for either Poser or Bryce, I don't mind. If they're free props, even better, but I don't mind paying for them. I've searched all the usual suspects, but can't seem to find any out there: does anyone know of any? Thanks in advance, Rob.

Which end of the bottle should be broken, the top or the bottom? Or do you rather need two pieces? On the tire iron (whic I've also heard called a lug wrench) are you thinking of one that looks like this, orย this, or some other shape? I don't know where to find any of those, but I could make them in pretty short order.

Captain Jack

ย 

Huolong ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 3:46 PM

Trekkie Grrl has broken bottles, trash, garbage and related stuff

Gordon

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 4:25 PM

Attached Link: http://mystic-nights.com/directory/index.php

Try that database. Enter a search word and see what comes up for free sites.

For the bottle try:ย  broken, bottle, beer, wine

For the surgeon's scalpel try:ย  surgeon, instrument, medical, scalpel

For the tire iron try:ย  tire, iron

For the wallet try:ย  wallet, leather, bill, fold, purse

Just some suggestions on what might pull up some results for you.ย  For each of those words do a separate search.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RCT ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:01 PM

Hi Jack, Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions; the bottle needs to be the top half, with the neck. The intention is for it to look as if it is to be used as a weapon, perhaps in a bar fight, gripped by the neck, with the jagged shards as the 'business' end. As for the tyre iron, it's the second angled version I had in mind. If you could make these, that would be fantastic! Is there anything I could do for you in return? Rob

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:29 PM

Quote - Hi Jack, Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions; the bottle needs to be the top half, with the neck. The intention is for it to look as if it is to be used as a weapon, perhaps in a bar fight, gripped by the neck, with the jagged shards as the 'business' end. As for the tyre iron, it's the second angled version I had in mind. If you could make these, that would be fantastic! Is there anything I could do for you in return? Rob

No, I'm good. I like making stuff like that. ๐Ÿ˜„ I modeled the cricket bat already this afternoon, and I started on the tire iron. The bottle and the scalpel should be pretty easy, too. Couple of other questions... what version of Poser are you using, and how do you plan to texture these? Do you need to be able to paint a team logo on the cricket bat, for example, or do you want to just put on a generic procedural texture?

RCT ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:41 PM

Cool, that's mighty generous of you, sir! I'm using Poser 6 on a PowerMac G4, with MacOSX 10.4.7. I have MacConverter, so if you're on a PC, it's no problem. Generic textures will be fine, I don't need close-up detail.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 9:14 PM

file_356651.gif

Okay... I've got the modeling done; these are the wire-frames for each object. I just need to assign them material zones, and set them up as props. I'll UV map them, but I won't worry about making templates if you're going to use procedural textures. I ought to be able to get them posted some time tomorrow. I'll save the base models, so if you need them tweaked, I can make changes.

Based on the props, sounds like you're making a very interesting scene. ๐Ÿ˜„

Captain Jack

ย 

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 9:17 PM

Acadia said:

Quote - Try that database. Enter a search word and see what comes up for free sites.

Hey, that's a pretty useful web site there, Acadia. Thanks for posting the link, I'm gonna bookmark that one. ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

RCT ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 6:39 AM

Huolong I did look at TrekkieGrrrl's stuff, and while she makes some really stuff, the kind no-one else seems to, even though it's the stuff you always need, in this instance it wasn't quite what I was looking for. But thanks for the suggestion: I appreciate your help. Acadia I agree. Having gone through it, I found plenty of useful stuff, although not the specific items I needed. There was one cricket bat, but that's all. However, for future reference, it's always good to have another source. Many thanks. Captain You've done an amazing job, and so quickly. What can I say? Your talent and generosity knows no bounds, a true gentleman!! These are absolutely superb, exactly what I needed. I look forward to them. Regards, Rob (RCT)

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Sun, 15 October 2006 at 3:43 PM

Okey doke... here's the props I made, in Poser format. I edited the files so they'll actually load into anything on down to Poser version 4. Everything but the cricket bat have separate material zones and have been UV mapped, but I didn't include a texture graphic. I did make a texture image for the cricket bat, but you might have better luck with a wood node in Poser 6. I did make them on a Windows machine, hopefully then un-zip and import okay.

These are the links:

Cricket Bat
Tire Iron
Scalpel
Broken Beer Bottle

If you have any trouble with these props, or they're not quite right, please let me know, and I'll take another stab at 'em. ๐Ÿ˜„

Captain Jack

ย 

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 15 October 2006 at 3:50 PM

Quote - Acadia said:

Quote - Try that database. Enter a search word and see what comes up for free sites.

Hey, that's a pretty useful web site there, Acadia. Thanks for posting the link, I'm gonna bookmark that one. ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

That and having a memory like an elephant are my secrets to finding links and stuff,ย  LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 15 October 2006 at 3:52 PM ยท edited Sun, 15 October 2006 at 3:55 PM

Thank you Captain Jack.ย  I appreciate them as well.
David P. Hoadley

ย  STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

RCT ( ) posted Sun, 15 October 2006 at 7:06 PM

Captain Jack, These are perfect! Many, many thanks indeed! I currently have 2 lowly products on sale in the marketplace: have a look at them, and if you like what you see, IM me your email address, and I'll send you free copies of them. Once again, I really appreciate your help: it's people like you who actually make this a COMMUNITY. all the best, Rob (RCT).

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 4:32 AM

Thank you, I'm glad you liked them, and I hope they work well in your scenes. ๐Ÿ˜„ I appreciate the offer, but I'm mostly concentrating on modeling right now, so I don't need anything right now, but I'll let you know if anything comes up in the future.

I did notice a problem on the scalpel blade, from certain angles, it doesn't always look completely flat; if you notice a problem like that, or anything else, please let me know. Otherwise, happy rendering. ๐Ÿ˜„

Captain Jack

ย 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.