Tue, Oct 1, 9:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: looking for tips and tricks for lashes; V3/M3/A3/Maya/yadayada..;)

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 11:08 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 7:44 PM

Just curious; are there any free lashes for V3, et al, out there? how are they applied?

Failing that, is there a good combo of dial settings between 'groucho' and 'singed off' for the puir lassie?..;)

thanks.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 11:25 AM

I use transmaps, pakled, and brushes in PS CS2 for lashes.  As for settings, I use long but not straight in the parameters dials.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

elzoejam ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 12:00 PM

Look in freestuff for "lashes" there is a great morph set and a cool conforming figure there for V3 :-)

xxx Sarah

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 7:36 PM

thanks elzoejam, you truly are 'one step beyond'..;) I'm not entirely clear on transmaps (as far as I know, it's a setting for 'shininess', but we are not smart..;) I'll check it out.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 8:00 PM

Transmaps are maps done in black and white.  Black is transparent, white will show and allows you to set colors for it.  I've attached one of mine to show you.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 8:20 PM

file_356893.jpg

Sorry about that - shouldn't have clicked on save first, huh?

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 7:05 AM

thanks..well, every day we learn a little more. Maybe if there's a tut out there (Paging Dr. Geep, Paging Dr. Geep..you got one?..;). Bryce does something similar with terrains. appreciate it..

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 7:37 AM

1.) Go into the Material Room and find your figures "Lashes" material group.

2.)  Search your textures folder for the file wired into the Diffuse nose.

3.)  Backup that file.

4.)  Open Photohsop, open the origional from it's palce, and get friendly with the Clone Tool.

5.)  Save your work over the old origional and head into Poser.

6.)  Make sure the camera is right up close.  If you do'nt the lashed will appear blochy.

7.)  Click Render>Reload Textures and render you progress in Photohsop.

8.)  WHen you've the right balance of Black top White(In Photoshop,) you'll like what you have in Poser.

9.)  Then you can Open you Figure's Head in the Parameter Palette, and find her Lashes morphs.  There should be a small handfull. 

=  )

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.