Sun, Oct 6, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: DAZ Skeletons Helper's pain and fix

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 7:49 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:05 AM

file_356978.jpg

I bought The Daz Skeletons, M3 & V3.   because I'm working on a Halloween project.... and they are the most detailed figures I can purchase for $60.00. I have seen them for as much as $13,000.00. Ofcourse the entire human system comes with it.. 

Okay, so I install it in my Poser5 and 6..   These two skeletons come in two flavors conforming for P4 only.  and regular...  for p5 & p6.  Now, when I opened one of the figures and tried to control the limbs, like I do the other figures, the Ulnae (small arm bone) and Fibulae (small lower leg bone) would go crazy and twisted and turned at its own will...   Ater a volley of e-mail to Daz support.. They suggested that I should use the little red helpers  to control the figures...  Forget it... It did not work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 7:50 PM

file_356979.jpg

The Fix: I opened one skeleton and took it to the setup room....  I separated the bones the had no control dials at all.  I deleted them and left the pertinent bones intact..  I called the group editor and auto grouped it... saved the figure in a separate folder, gave it a named and now I'm using it just fine....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 7:53 PM

file_356980.JPG

Here is success.......

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 7:58 PM

There is a detailed set of instructions in Nuts and Bolts at the DAZ forums but you got it to work so good.  Results look pretty fun.

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 8:24 PM

The problem was that IK was turned on.  If you posed the skeleton then turned off IK the bones would snap back into place.

Cheers!

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 8:28 PM

What is IK?  please I new to the lingo
and where do I find it...... the switch

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 8:35 PM

I found the inverse Kinetics and the limits,,,,   still it falls apart

billy423uk ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 8:38 PM

files) figure) -----dropdown menu-----IK  or inverse kimatics)-----dropdown menu.  at this point you have a list of right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg. if any of them has a tick against it the ik are on. to turn off just click the relevent arm or leg so the tick dissapears.

billy

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 10:02 PM

Thanks....   It really does not dissapear on my system...   What happens is that the (side-side) function is disabled...  I need to move my figure all around...  anyway.. if you have anytime do my suggestion.. you'll see how much control you have...

also in the Pose library / Daz skeleton/ there is a "Zero figure"  this puts a fantom pose on it...

what I can not do now is use the 25%, 50% or %75 transluscent figures.. it just does nothing when I click them....   It be nice to get them to work....

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 11:06 PM

Are you using the translucency poses on M3/V3 or the skeleton?  The poses are for M3/V3.  They don't affect the skeletons.  They're designed to make M3/V3 partially see-thru so you can see the skeleton underneath.

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 12:23 AM

I was using them on the skeletons... I feel silly now...  

I should try on one of the other figures......  right...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.