Sat, Sep 21, 4:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: October Photographers Choice "Official Thread"

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2006 at 8:24 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:41 AM

After reading everyones input, Let's try this month in the forum.. We can see how it works out and the level of particiaption. At the end, perhaps we can discuss it again..

So, Here we go..The Theme for this month (as choosen by Mich222) is

Repeat
or repetative...repetition...

Ok...so please post all of your entries in this same thread...
You don't have to worry about creating a thumbnail..Just post your entry.
Feel free to add all the comments you wish..
Two entries per member.
Since there is NO VOTING for this challenge, we will end it on the 25th of the month to begin discussion about the next challenge. This should help keep things on a schedule.

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

mermaid ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 12:49 PM · edited Wed, 04 October 2006 at 12:50 PM

file_355737.JPG

wow...seems I am the first to post...lol My brain was spinning around the "repeat" thread of this month, so when going through my daily work I saw lots of repetitions and maybe I will take one of the many other things for a second entry, but for today and for a start its te one above.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 1:01 PM

Cool photo, I especially like the reflections...It show even more repetition..Thanks for sharing this one..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 1:36 PM

wowww, excellent photo Mermaid, I like too this reflection!!! 😄

mermaid ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2006 at 3:02 AM

file_355953.jpg

thanks for your comments..smile.. I have another one, typical for the older houses in my region, hope you like it.. Have a good weekend

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2006 at 2:45 PM

file_355982.jpg

Ok, here is "repetition" of a different sort..stroke, stroke, stroke and boat, boats, boats.

There are "juniors" rowing competions nearby this weekend. The high school and some college kids work hard to win. The 5k timed events were going on.  This location is the prime venue for rowing in the Eastern USA, drawing competitors from up and down the eastern part of the country.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 2:13 AM

Oh yes, it's a very good idea Tom, I think the same yesterday because i have the river Gualdalquivir where i see a lot competition of kayak & canoe ( I don't know the world in english)...

This challenge is very good because all the day we can to see a lot repetiion...

😄

babuci ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 6:11 PM

file_356093.jpg

Hi guys/girls!

Cool stuff ...here is mine. Day after day ...year after year . Hope it fits in a basket.

seeyus Tunde

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 6:14 PM

Tom...Now that's what I call thinking outside of the box..Your image is a very creative way of working with the given subject.. Nice work..

Tunde...I love the orange colors..I hope you don't have to take one of those everyday..
Thanks for sharing your image..very creative

www.bclaytonphoto.com

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 6:22 PM

Tunde, I have 3 meds to take everyday...yikes...such is life.  We live with it!  Neat shot!   Tom

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2006 at 12:15 AM

Yepp Bruce, as Tom said ... We live with it ... and we all know what, if we not!  This is a light stuff, just thinning my blood.  A heavy dutty rounds are not for photography! LOL.   Cheer up we all here and admire each others photos. 

seeyus  Tunde

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2006 at 12:05 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_356171.jpg

Nice ones gang. This next shot might be a bit heavy,...but it is also a positive thing. A wounded knee (both actually) recovering from corrective surgery. No, not mine. ;]

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2006 at 10:36 PM

OMG! It is hurt just looking this shot. How many stiches in there?  Cool one, I mean a photo view.

seeya Tunde

LouLouBell ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 2:07 AM

Whoah thats heavy duty Knee action, well done (Cringe!!)!!

LouLouBell ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 2:18 AM

file_356241.jpg

Heres my go at "REPETITION" this was some teddy bears at an amusement game at the melbourne Show -Sept 2006.  Cheers Lou

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 3:06 AM

Lou! I like this shot of many repeat colors and cute things. LOL.

seeya Tunde

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 7:33 AM

Nice one Lou! I love those walls of stuffed animals. :) Much more cheerful than my shot.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 7:42 AM

Kort...great shot..um..I think...yiles..that really looks painful, but it fits well with the theme..
Again, good to see someone thinking outside of the box..

LouLoubell,

I love that one..very bright and colorful..Fits the theme perfectly..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 9:23 AM · edited Tue, 10 October 2006 at 9:25 AM

file_356268.jpg

Well Bruce, here is one a bit more "fun". I even got some froggies in there for Chris. Lots of kinds of repetition here. C'mon folks, let's see some more! Looking through my files, I see that I have tons of images that would fit this category. :rolleyes:

mermaid ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2006 at 3:00 PM

I do like the frogs..smile...with the knee...hmmm... I can empathize a bit to much regarding this one...lol

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:18 PM

file_356630.jpg

Very nice exposition of photo!!!! I like this theme... And me, I post this 2...

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:18 PM

file_356631.jpg

babuci ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:44 PM

I was wonder when is a brick ganna be posted ...and here it is, chains perfect fit for repeat too.Cool stuff Valou!

seeya Tunde

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 5:52 PM

thanks seeya !

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 8:54 AM

Both perfect subject for the challenge Valou. The chains or perfect, but if it had been me, I would have zoomed in and cropped those bricks just a bit. :)

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 7:24 PM

Very nice shots Val...I especially like the bricks..and I do agree with Kort about the cropping.Kort love the metal animals on the wooded fence..

Great way to "think outside of the box"

www.bclaytonphoto.com

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 8:35 PM

I wish we had more responses...oh well...these are excellent entries, each with the personal thought of what repetition means....nice going folks.

The stuffed animals...reminds me of my darling's room..she gets a new rabbit or similar critter every Easter and others on special happenings.  One of my favorites is an Orca from the Seattle area.         TomDart.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 9:01 AM

file_357045.jpg

I'd like to see more too. Here's another one from me. Not an entry, just something to hopefully jump start this challenge again...

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 12:20 PM

file_357060.jpg

good Kort, me too, for to continue this challenge and  NOT ENTRY i post that...

babuci ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 7:05 PM

file_357180.jpg

Moor good exsample of repetition...here is mine. ( no, it is not dirty, going through on a etching stage to be look old )

seeyus Tunde

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 7:20 PM

Tunde....is this a natural patina or etching or something you are doing yourself?  If doing it your self,  please IM me to talk about the methods.  Thanks!  This is repetition...

Yikes, I find myself repeating things more and more.        Tom.

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 9:12 PM

file_357193.jpg

Repitition of a different sort...dof was a problem with low light...two 100 watters above my head. Oh well. 

Dots and dots and dots make for a refraction pattern an so the colors.   Sigma 105mm Macro.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 2:25 AM

oh yes, it's a very original post of repetition challenge Tom, I like...

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2006 at 2:10 PM

Oops! On the cd shot above, I said "refraction" but it should be "diffraction".  If any one is terribly concerned about that...bending light from refraction is not the "breaking up of light into colors" called diffraction.   There ya are.      Tom.

st_fish ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 5:03 AM

Well, excellent work so far, guys!!! 👍 I like what everyone has come up with so far... Will have a look and see if I can be creative too!! :tt2: Ciao Est8;o) :biggrin:

st_fish ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 12:32 PM

file_357359.jpg

Ok, so here is my attempt at the repetition theme! Hope you like it! 😉 Will see it I can make a second entry... :biggrin: Est8;o)

monjo71 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 3:58 PM

Attached Link: http://www.johnanthonydesign.com

file_357366.jpg

Here is a shot of mine that I believe fits the repetition theme. 😄

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 4:06 PM

monjko, I would say this photo fits the theme perfectly.

Mich222 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 6:00 PM

file_357392.jpg

It seems that the theme "Repeat" is very popular. (It was  Pushinfaders idea, not mine)

Ok, her is my firts picture.

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 6:22 PM

Ahh..seems housing to be a repetitive thing around the world!   Living very, very close.

Mich222 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 7:38 PM

file_357402.jpg

Who  want a ride?

Mich222 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 9:20 PM

file_357409.jpg

To many repeat.

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 9:56 PM

Well, Mich, that is three entries...two is supposedly the limit but I have been tempted to upload another my self. That is the way it is with a "thread" only for the entries. I suppose that will be worked out with discussion after this month.

Regardless of how many...doesn't bother me at all. I like this one...well, really do not like what it says but like the shot.  Having visited many cemetaries for fallen soldiers, this image is so very, very true to life...repetition, one after the other.  I hope some see this beyond  "marble markers" as do I.  Thanks for the reminder of repetition of a sort none of us really like to think about.   Tom.

Mich222 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 10:23 PM · edited Sun, 22 October 2006 at 10:28 PM

Wooops...  Sorry for that!!!

Since there is no vote, I thought there was no limits.
I did not read the Pushinfaders's message properly.
Don't beat me please.

Thank's for your comments

Luka_30 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 4:54 AM · edited Mon, 23 October 2006 at 5:06 AM

file_357447.jpg

Nice theme chosen. I see many interesting examples. I am adding one of mine.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 11:19 AM

file_357537.jpg

I've tried to find a decent shot for this theme..but everything just didn't comeout the way I wanted it..

So, here's one that fits the challenge..Not a great shot..but it works

www.bclaytonphoto.com

st_fish ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 4:24 PM

file_357660.jpg

And here is my 2nd post - hope Im still in time! :blink: Its 23:23 here currently, so I thought I still have 37mins before the 26th is here!! :lol: Hope you like this one... little different! Thanks Est8;o) :tt2:

monjo71 ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 6:42 PM

I love it!!!! Great shot.

John

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 11:19 PM

oh yes, I like me too, excellent picture !!!

mermaid ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:03 AM

Me too...love the colors!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 8:10 AM · edited Thu, 26 October 2006 at 8:10 AM

file_357706.jpg

Nice work, all of you! I'm so glad this challenge has kept going! I can't resist posting another non-entry, please forgive me....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.