Mon, Sep 9, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:41 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Brand New FREE base figure from Dark_Anvil

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 3:09 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Very soon, you will all be able to download our new totally original, scratch built, 'Heroine Base' from dark_anvil. Poser 4+ ready.

And the best bit is, she'll be free!

We'll also be releasing a clothing/character/high res skin* pack, to make her into the Princess . A graceful women, with vengeance on her mind.(*render shown uses the free low res skin)

Many merchants have already pledged support for the figure and will soon be working on pose packs and many other add-ons to add some variety to your rutime.

She is compatible with mimic, and PhilC will be checking her shortly for compatability with wardrobe wizard.

She works well with bodystudio, for those who use that software from www.reiss-studio.com. This render was done in Maya through the bodystudio interface.

She is easy on the ram, even with the high res skins.

You can watch for an announcment of the release over at www.darkanvil.net

you can view our Roisty store here

We love our job!

dark_anvil team

Elfwine ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 5:08 PM

lookin' good! Will have to make a spot for her in my Runtime. It must be immensely satisfing to do work you love. all the best

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 5:41 PM

Wow, she looks beautiful !

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 7:22 PM

file_357182.jpg

Heres another sneaky peek, just to tease you...:)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 11:42 PM

Does she come with face morphs?

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2006 at 7:07 AM

Yep.

Dark Anvil writing in the Vendors Workshop wrote...

"The base model includes face morphs to make her mimic compatible, and enough extras to produce a good range of basic expressions"

Theres not 100's of dials to wade through either.   

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2006 at 8:57 PM

<<Theres not 100's of dials to wade through either>>

Awww .... but that's part of the fun.

Expressions are not really morphs .... when I see "morphs", I hope to see something to change the shape of the face.

mrsparky ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 9:05 AM

"I hope to see something to change the shape of the face."

Give me a few days and you'll be able to play yourself.  I have the figure on my desk - just preparing ready for download and sale.

webmaster421 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 4:37 PM

She looks awesome!!

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 5:12 AM

Other merchants will no doubt make morphs for this free base. They have been expressing an interest in the vendors forum.

It will take a few weeks to feed through.

Visit www.darkanvil.net and bookmark the site, then as we get to know of extras being released for the figure we'll post the news there.

We've also been concentrating on this figure recently, so we have about 10 new buildings clogging up our hard drives waiting to be released. We'll be loading them up in quick succession soon and you may see something you like.

Graeme - Dark_Anvil

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 3:32 PM

MartinW ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 4:33 PM

WOW!

Now I'm more full of anticipation than ever!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 8:29 AM

WOW ! I just found this and I'm really impressed. Great work. 8)

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 11:13 AM

Thanks you! Please do spread the word and she should be available by the weekend.

Where her training is complete, she'll be seeking revenge on the demon that took her lovers life life (also to be relesed this month)

They'll meet for the dramatic rain swept climax on the platform of the Dragons tower, available  here now! for poser4+ or for Vue/obj import.

No postwork in the figure pics BTW.

www.darkanvil.net. The rising force in fantasy products.

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 6:29 AM

The free base is available to download.

Please do register for the newsletter at the bottom of the page to get freestuff and first alerts of our major forthcoming releases.

http://www.darkanvil.net/freebie2.html

The princess character clothes set and high resolution body textures are here. http://www.darkanvil.net/p_princess.html

Dark Anvil

cyllan ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 10:41 AM

cyllan ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 10:43 AM

She looks good. But non-commercial use only? So I can't use her in promo renders? Or competitions?

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 8:59 PM

Cyllan. thanks for the question.

I'll double check this with Dark Anvil directly for you. One of us will post an answer here.

I was really short on time when I coded  the download page and used the gallows page as a base. So the issue of commercial useage might be different for this figure.

Also for hobbyists like myself and many vendors where Poser isn't our main jobs, IP theft is just more annoying than anything. DA however has to be extra carefull on the issue of licensing and copyright. It's part of a company called MDM which makes (really cool looking ) real world fantasy resin cast models. In that industry unscrupulous types may copy their efforts using other media and that means they don't eat. 

But I can see cleary you're a person that respects the rights of a fellow artist, and thanks for that. I'd say most of the time it's not going to be a problem, Graeme who runs DA is a nice guy and I'm sure something can worked out. Even on on invdiual basises if needs be.

Note: This is ONLY my personal opinion here. I'm not an employee of Dark Anvil or MDM, I just designed the site and help out as part of the Vanishing Point team.

cyllan ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 12:05 AM

Thanks for your quick reply, Mr. Sparky. Yes, I was disappointed about the gallows too... :(

I certainly always intend to respect the wishes of the creators :) As a Poser product merchant, the majority of pictures anyone ever sees are promoting something or other, and I realised a long time ago the only way I could be sure of not slipping up and inadvertently using something I shouldn't was simply never to download anything where it might be a problem, especially as I was never too sure what constitutes commercial anyhow. As soon as you become a merchant practically anything you do could be construed as commercial promotion of some sort.

But if I can't use her, I'm sure lots of people will enjoy her. She looks excellent. I'll look forward to the 'final word'...

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 3:28 AM

She is NHIATWAS !!

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 11:46 AM

Hi All

Re: the non-commercial issue, it's physical 'derivitive' products that we can't allow, that's any 3D physical item you could hold in your hand. Castings, card creations (mostly applies to our buildings), injection mouldings etc, 'cause that is our main business.

Merchants are free to make add-ons, and of course use the figure imagery to promote the product. Artists can use her in commercial art, renders, animations, etc. Basically anything 2d would be allowed.

If your not sure just ask before purchasing.

Of course, please credit us in any commercial work, and the more recognition we get the more sales we get and the more we can do for the community, so go create that art and digital products and sell sell sell!

Here's the important information section from the readme;
This model, Princess, is created and supplied by MDM Ltd. MDM manufacture physical cast and painted versions of fantasy models, therefore the use of this file, Princess, to create PHYSICAL MODEL products for sale is prohibited, either by moulding, card construction or producing scale plans for modellers to use.  Please read the licence.txt file supplied with this product for confirmation that use of the product for 2d artwork and renders is permitted.
If you are at all concerned, please email us for details. support@mdmltd.co.uk

To contact us, please email support@mdmltd.co.uk. Main contact, Graeme McMillan.

Regards

Graeme dark_anvil

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 11:54 AM

additionally, if you are a commercial artist, then your client might not want something promoting their product that they don't have control over (as in anybody can use her in their art too).

The princess and heroine base are adverts for our abilities. If you like what you see and need something bespoke, please do ask.

Buildings too of course. Real or fantasy.

Happy rendering

Graeme

mrsparky ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 12:11 PM

Graeme- Thanks for the clarifaction there. I'll edit the page to reflect this.  

Cyllan - thanks again for the question. Looks like you'll be OK with using her now. 

cyllan ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 12:29 PM · edited Fri, 27 October 2006 at 12:31 PM

Thanks very much! I'll go get her :) Would I be correct in assuming that those are the conditions that apply to the gallows as well? I don't want to bug you by banging on about this, but I'd rather be annoying now than use your cool freebies in a way you don't want me to, even if inadvertently.

mrsparky ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 12:38 PM

"Would I be correct in assuming that those are the conditions that apply to the gallows as well".

Yep. If you hard refresh the 2 download pages at Dark Anvil you'll now see the licensing terms on both pages. I think this is the fairest way.

"I don't want to bug you by banging on about this.."

No problems. It's a fair question.   

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 12:42 PM

Yes, same applies to the gallows. It was the first freebie we loaded onto Renderosity many moons ago. I just clicked the non-commercial box not really realising the troubles it might cause people.

The gallows is one where we had created the resin model first. Fantasy resins are on hold for now as we are making French village buildings for WWII tabletop gamers.
Here's the customers site, just for your interest, and so you know what we mean by physical models.

cyllan ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:03 PM

Great! Thanks for all your quick responses.

raven ( ) posted Sat, 28 October 2006 at 5:23 PM

The readme on the download page says that use for commercial greetings cards is prohibited, yet the readme in the download file doesn't mention this restriction. Can commercial greetings cards graphics be made using the Heroine?

Thanks.

I like the 'Poser 7, 6 and 5 users...' comment too. If only we all had P7 :)

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 28 October 2006 at 7:20 PM

Sorry for this. I've not updated the two readmes yet. The download page overrides the readmes in the files at present.  

Because of questions over the licences I'll be chatting with Graeme after the weekend (he's away) and we'll create a defining final licence for the page and readmes. So I can't give you an answer right now - not trying to fob you off or anything. Want to get this right without having to keep coming back to it.  

This is a tricky issue, No one likes applying unfair restrictions to anyone.  [I don't like them to applied me either :)]. Likewise it also needs to protect Grames livehood.  Otherwise he can't afford to give away stuff like this away.

Basically, it needs to be fair for everyone. If anyone has any suggestions on how DA could make it fair for all please post them here, and we'll try to include them.    

maraich ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 12:58 AM

This is really a great promotion.  That monster looks extremely cool too and I'm looking forward to its release.

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 4:48 AM

Hi Raven

Commercial greetings cards are allowed as it is 2d art essentially. Anything 2d picture based is permitted so long as Dark Anvil is credited where appropriate.

The more exposure the better for the Dark Anvil world, which allows us to give artists more product for less money.

Smythlak, the half-breed demon you see above will be released this week.

Some add-on merchants have already created products for the Princess. Keep us posted of your efforts.

Graeme

Dark_Anvil ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 4:18 PM

watch yer back. The demons nearly ready

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.