Sat, Sep 21, 4:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Vicki 3 to Vicki 2

starbase1 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 5:21 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:31 PM

Hi,

Can someone point me at any instructions on how to use Vicki 3 to Vicki 2? I have just tried to use the Andygraph product Cyborg ITA 02, but it is asking for a V2.0 file (blmilwom.obj).

Apparently this will help, but I am not sure how!

V2 appears to be a paid for product now unlike V3, so I am guessing that I cannot just download the file I need...

Cheers, Nick

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 8:47 AM

I'm afraid you'll have to purchase Victoria 1 or Victoria 2 if you wish to use andygraph's Cyborgs.  The Victoria 3 figures (including V3-to-V2) don't have the files you need.

Victoria 1 is cheaper, but Victoria 2 has additional morphs you might find useful in other characters.

If I recall correctly, DAZ gives Victoria 2 away for free to people who join their Platinum Club, so that's another way to get her, if you've been thinking about signing up for membership.

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 10:01 AM

file_357458.jpg

In the V3 SAE download (the freebie one)- this entry appears..

She seems to take V2 textures OK.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 10:29 AM

V3 to V2 does take V1/2 textures.  But the OBJ is different, so anything that requires the OBJ, like Andygraph's cyborgs, won't work.

starbase1 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 10:58 AM

Thanks for the ideas - it all makes sense, but the product said it could be made to work using this tool? I sent a request for info on how to the author, but no response as yet.

It does seem a bit odd that V3 is free, but the inferior V2 is not!

Nick

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 11:08 AM

Looking at the readme, it doesn't seem to be encoded to the OBJ.  Have you tried editing the CR2 so that it points to the V3-toV2 OBJ, instead of to the V1 OBJ?

andygraph ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 12:28 PM · edited Mon, 23 October 2006 at 12:31 PM

hi all, so, IT.A.02 (standard, water and fire character) is compatible with Vicki 3 to Vicki 2 sr1.cr2 because it use a remapped version of V3 obj, compatible wit V1/2 template. So you can use IT.A.02 (standard, water and fire character) with V3 ;-) attention! For use the IT.A.02 mech textures you need to have the uvs files for remapped the V3 obj body parts (head, torso, legs, arms) you can found it in IT.A.03 Anatomy products. Best Regards: Andygraph

starbase1 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 5:08 PM

Thanks for responding here Andygraph. In case it helps other people:

HI,<br></br>So, if you have V3 you will have the "Vicki 3 to Vicki<br></br>2 sr1.cr2"<br></br>in this path:<br></br>runtime/libraries/character/DAZ People/Vicki 3 to<br></br>Vicki 2 sr1.cr2<br></br><br></br>more infos:<br></br><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.daz3d.com/support/faq/index.php?id=12">http://www.daz3d.com/support/faq/index.php?id=12</a><br></br><br></br>the template of Vicki 3 to Vicki 2 sr1 is the same of<br></br><br></br>===========================<br></br><br></br>Now the nearest thing I can find to this file name is "Vicki 3 to Vick 2 SAE.cr2", close but no cigar.<br></br><span style="font-family:Arial, Verdana, 'Sans-Serif';"><br></br>I also followed the Daz link - it confirms what the files are for, but I am still no wiser on how to actually use them!<br></br><br></br>RandyM - I have never tried editting files manually as you suggest - is it straightforward?<br></br><br></br>Thing is I still get the feeling from Andygraphs notes that this kind of hack should not be necessary?  Oh, and thanks to Andygraph for helping in what I think is a second language!<br></br>:-)<br></br><br></br></span>

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 5:30 PM

It is straightforward.  A CR2 is just a plain text file. 

However, it sounds like what you have to do is remap the V3 to V2 OBJ with UV Mapper.  I think that's what UVS files are for. 

stahlratte ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 5:43 PM

starbase1, what ITA 02 product do you have ?

Only the basic ITA 02 package works with V3toV2 SAE.
(http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=9162)

The other ITA 02 products need remapped geometry to work properly, so they come with special UV-files.
And these UV files ONLY work with the original blMilWom.obj,
so you need to own either Vicky 1 or Vicky 2.

BTW, Vicky 1 and 2 are more expensive than Vicky 3 because all morphs are already included.
The (free) Vicky 3 only comes with a few basic head morphs, and the morphs have to be purchased separately.

stahlratte

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 5:46 PM

Reading Andy's message again...maybe he means you need the UVS files to use this product on V3, but not on V2 or V3-to-V2? 

When do you get the message asking for blmilwom.obj?  When you try to load the CR2?

If so, try navigating to runtime/geometries/DAZPeople/blmilwom_V3_V2.obj when it you asks you to find the OBJ.  See if that works. 

andygraph ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 3:02 AM

The uvs files in IT.A.02 mech products (head, torso, legs, arms) work with V1 or V2 obj only. The uvs files in IT.A.03 anatomy products (head, torso, legs and arms soon ) work with V3 obj only. The template of IT.A.02 Mech and IT.A.03 Anatomy is the same. The IT.A.02 (standard, water and fire) and IT.A.03 Bioborg work with V1 or V2 and V3 with "Vicki 3 to Vicki 2 sr1" (in bundle with V3 product) Best regards; Andygraph

starbase1 ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 8:25 AM

Quote - starbase1, what ITA 02 product do you have ?

Only the basic ITA 02 package works with V3toV2 SAE.
(http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=9162)

BTW, Vicky 1 and 2 are more expensive than Vicky 3 because all morphs are already included.
The (free) Vicky 3 only comes with a few basic head morphs, and the morphs have to be purchased separately.

stahlratte

Yep, that's the one I have.

And thanks the pricing makes a bit more sense now!

:-)

starbase1 ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 8:28 AM

Quote - The IT.A.02 (standard, water and fire) and IT.A.03 Bioborg work with V1 or V2 and V3 with "Vicki 3 to Vicki 2 sr1" (in bundle with V3 product) Best regards; Andygraph

Sorry, I am obviously being seriously stupid here - so what do i do when it asks for the OBJ file I don't have?

Nick

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 10:11 AM

Have you tried pointing it to the one you do have?

andygraph ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 10:40 AM

sorry starbase1, you have now V2 or V3 ?

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 11:38 AM

Starbase has V3.

starbase1 ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 12:04 PM

That is correct, V3.

andygraph ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 12:33 PM · edited Tue, 24 October 2006 at 12:34 PM

so have you: "Vicki 3 to Vicki 2 sr1" or "Vicki 3 to Vicki2 SAE" in "DAZ people" folder ?

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 12:55 PM

Yes, he does, but when he tries to load the Cyborg CR2, it asks for blmilwom.obj, which he does not have.

The V3-to-V2 obj is called blmilwom_V3_V2.obj

andygraph ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 4:31 AM

starbase1, you need reload the texture map from "Vicki 3 to Vicki 2 cr2" file and no from cyborg cr2 files just you need modify the materials colors Best regards; Andygraph

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.