Sun, Sep 22, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 3:14 pm)

Subject: SOS! In need of help lol

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 4:39 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:28 PM

Hello, I am extremely new to this website and the programs. I do have poser and daz3d but I dont understand how to use either one. If anyone can just help me out a bit to get started on Poser, that would be wonderful. Thank you

The soul has no window...If the eyes have no tears!

Foxseelady ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 5:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.drgeep.com/

Welcome to the addiction of 3d art!! Try looking here in tutorials you will find a ton of good leasons to learn, also try daz3d for lessons. But by far the best place and person to turn to is Dr.Geep good luck and have fun!

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 5:05 PM

You can always ask here too :scared:

Eddy

Morgano ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 6:08 PM

You could try this tutorial:

http://www.daz3d.com/support/tutorial/tutorial.php?id=100

A lot of the tutorials out there are aimed at very specific aspects of Poser, which is fine, but this one is a more general introduction.
Which release of Poser are you using?   I addition to the figures included with that release, are you using any of the other figures, e.g. from DAZ, or from Content Paradise?

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 6:10 PM

Morgano. lol....I am hmmm shall we lost and confused! Im using poser 6, tried some tuts still confused. I guess Im not understanding out it really works in general. working with it right now actually.

Morgano ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 8:41 PM

starr_moongoddess, I've sent you a message (site mail), with a few ideas from casting my mind back to when I started to use Poser.   Feel free to reply to that, but, as I say in the message, any particular problems you can describe here will be answered, usually very quickly.**

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 10:37 PM

Anyone know where I can get a heart object to use for poser? THank you

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 5:32 AM

Attached Link: http://mystic-nights.com

Try seaching here ...

http://mystic-nights.com/

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 10:45 AM

Thank you mrsparky :)

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 10:46 AM

Thank you so far to everyone who has replied and given some advice its helping me along, still a little confused on some things but I'll work on it more and see where it gets me.

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 3:46 PM

You are looking for a heart? "When a man's an empty kettle, he should be on his mettle, and yet I'm torn apart.... Just because I'm presumin' that I could be kinda human, if I only had a heart." "I'd be tender, I'd be gentle, and awful sentimental regarding love and art. I'd be friends with the sparrows, and the boy that shoots the arrows, if I only had a heart..." (Sorry...just did the show recently and I happen to have the conductor's score right here...) Welcome to Poser and the Marvelous Land of 3d, Starr. It will all start to make sense after a while. But the questions, and the learning, will never stop.

befuzled ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 8:45 AM

One of the things I struggled with in Poser was the finding the "beginner Tutorials". It seemed like those were beyond my understanding. But honestly, it seems I got through it by 1. reading them anyway 2. play play play in Poser. Somehow it just all started to come together and make sense.

Along with  Dr Geeps Tutorials suggested above, I also found the Tuts Here: http://poseruniverse.com/Tutorials/Poser/Tutorials/Tutorials.html  very helpful and SnowSultans beginer tuts here at Renderosity (in the Tut section) very useful.  I  started out with Poser 6 and no previous 3d experience so it was easy to get lost in the Poser 4-6 info out there.. but these truly helped me.

The folks here are super great at offering advice, answers and suggestions on everything from how to's and resources out there.. Welcome to the Addiction of Poser  :)

Befuzled-

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 10:40 AM

NOMUSE...LOL your hilarious! and befuzled thank you for the advice Im doing just that. Also found a great one for daz3d and Im understanding so much better. Addiction???? OMG yes it is I cant seem to stay off my computer :) what did I get myself into hehe :) Thank you again

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 12:31 PM

As you'll soon find out, Poser isn't just another computer program. It's an addiction! :o)

I have a very beginner's tutorial on my homepage, it's aimed at Poser 5, but there's nothing in it that doesn't comply to Poser 6 too (except the picture of the character you start out with)

http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/tut1.htm

I alsohave a Depth of Field tutorial there, as well as a lot of freebies :) Cya ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 12:51 PM · edited Fri, 20 October 2006 at 12:52 PM

yeah..wait 'till you start seeing your credit card bills..;)

Before you get to that, one thing that Poser will 'getcha' on is the idea of things needing other things to work.

Take Vickie 3 (why not, she's free at Daz. Download her, a sword, and a temple, and...;) Inside joke..;)

You'll need clothes (for Vickie 3), hair (for Vickie 3), poses (for Vickie 3), hands, props, morphs, textures, faces..lawsie... where does it all end?..;)

There is a wealth of freestuff in (of course) Free Stuff. Some quick places for an entire wardrobe are Planet Vixens, Daz 3d(of course) , Runtime dna, ISOP, etc.,  Be sure to read and see  if the magic word 'requires' or 'needs' is in the description.. I have CD's full of stuff for Stephanie, the Girl, Boris, etc., which I don't own, and can't use..;)

Plenty of other sites for freestuff out there. Dark Whispers (I think) has a database. If they don't I do..;)

Then start buying stuff. It's like working at the chocolate factory; you can eat all you want, and then you settle down..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

nomuse ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 12:58 PM

Hrm. Start with free first, and that should take the edge off the buying frenzy. Even today is possible to fill six gigs with free content with only a little bit of searching around.

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2006 at 3:42 AM

Thanks you guys :) Great Im just starting out and already Im a junkie lol....

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2006 at 4:38 PM

OK...Im going to give up on Poser just for right now, having too much of a problem with it. So I've decided to continue with daz I seem to have better luck with that one. Now I just cant seem to find many web sites that have freebie stuff for now to get me started, any suggestions anyone? :) Thank you,

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2006 at 6:24 PM

try this site and click on "freebies links", that will get you started.

http://www.blackraven3d.com/

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 7:34 PM

OK...Im coming along ok on the daz, even have a picture going and figured out some prop placing problems whewwwww...If you have a full figured body in your work area how to only show a specific part in your picture????? I swear Im going to get through this if it kills me lol... Thanks all

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 7:38 PM

what are you trying to do? You can go the other way, make a specific part invisible, by double-clicking and unchecking 'visible'. Not sure what to tell you..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 11:55 PM

Ok Im having the hardest time with unzipping my files. Anything for V3 or anything else for that matter, tells me to put into main directory which I do ( at least I think lol) and I have to search every folder in the tree just to find what I am looking for..grrrrr what am I doing wrong?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.