Sun, Sep 22, 2:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Cartoon lights and shaders? Poser 6

tedbragg ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 11:58 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:39 AM

I'm making a short anim with P6, curious if there are specific shaders for cartoon rendering and lights. The backgrounds are going to be painted mattes and added in post (alpha channel) so the lighting will need to match the mattes...

Any techniques for such a project?

I'm using the Aiko figure from Daz.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 12:23 PM · edited Wed, 25 October 2006 at 12:25 PM

the experts will be able to give ya some useful links. however, having seen the limitations of several poser toon shaders and photoshop actions currently available, I'm more interested in seeing what poser 7 will do along those lines. I expect we'll learn more very soon.

theodote ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 12:36 PM

Attached Link: Snowsultan's Z-toon method

Shaders, schmaders.:-)  Snowsultan's z-toon method is old school, but it gives consistent results for animating.

befuzled ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 5:31 PM

Along with SnowSultans Tuts here, I also like the Toonshader tutorial here
http://www.digitalfairy.de/

It's listed under her Tuts section. Both basicially recommend a 1 light set up.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 12:23 AM

Quote - Along with SnowSultans Tuts here, I also like the Toonshader tutorial here
http://www.digitalfairy.de/

It's listed under her Tuts section. Both basicially recommend a 1 light set up.

There is noothing there: no menus, no entry button, nothing but a couple of site links.  For practical reasons, it's just a dead site.  Unless I missed something, which I don't think I did.
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

theodote ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 12:39 AM

dphoadly,

There is a site there, but the entrance is a teentsy little spot under the huge picture. Click where it says "English" or "Deutsch" depending upon your language of choice. That takes you on in.

It's a nice tute!

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:29 AM

Thanks, I found it ...but talk about eyestrain.... there not a very sympathetic site.
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.