Sun, Oct 6, 10:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Do You Think Renderosity Rules Are Tough? Read This!

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 11:16 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Attached Link: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/erb/rules.html?513

For those of you who feel that Renderosity's rules are too strict or tough, you might want to check out the above link and read through the rules in the left menu to see what strict and tough are.

I also encourage you to try going through the "join" process which has a couple dozen or more scenario type questions based on the various rules found around the site, and then you have to wait up to 10 days in order to see if you are even accepted to be a member.

I've read through the rules on that site in careful detail, it took me about an hour. I'm still not clear on some of them, but I do know one thing it's complicated as hell! 

Consider yourself lucky and blessed that Renderosity is as loose as they are with their rules. We could have it much worse!  95% of the images in the galleries here wouldn't make it past the moderators there for upload.

Remember, grass is always greener on the other side until you find out that it still needs to be mowed :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 11:26 AM

That sound of applause you hear is coming from just above my keyboard. 😄

Captain Jack

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 11:57 AM

I'm with you Acadia!!

This is a terrific site and if some things I don't agree with, well that's too bad because I signed up to abide by them whatever and I will! 'nuff said!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 12:33 PM

Elfwood is Elfwood and Renderosity is Renderosity.
These are two pair of shoes.

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

spedler ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:06 PM

Yeah, but I'm surprised anyone ever joins Elfwood with a ludicrous join-up system like that.

Steve

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:18 PM

I actually did join up. got in.. uploaded a pic for the gallery....

5 years later I've still not heard from them if it's approved or not.......

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:21 PM

5 years?  Wow...

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:22 PM

Quote - I actually did join up. got in.. uploaded a pic for the gallery....

5 years later I've still not heard from them if it's approved or not.......

@Khai
No, this is not true? 5 years?? ROFL

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:26 PM

counts yup it's roughly 4-5 years... uploaded it and never heard a thing back..

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:31 PM · edited Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:35 AM

indeed spedler...whew what a lotta crap to go through...we are fortunate to be here for sure...

"Elfwood is Elfwood and Renderosity is Renderosity.
These are two pair of shoes."

@ Ladona......one fits nice and the other pair is a wee bit cramped...LOL

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 7:07 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Elfwood. It is a great site and has many talented artists/writers there.  However, I was wanting to point out that the sign up process is very in depth there, not to mention the rules for uploading images, types of images, what constitutes a genre, what makes one image part of a genre and another not, appearance of image, image quality etc.  As I said, 95 percent of the images that are in the galleries here wouldn't make it past the moderators at Elfwood, where all images are pre-approved before making it to the gallery for public viewing.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Hyria ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 7:49 PM

I agree Elfwood rules are tough. I joined up and do have a small gallery lol  I don't remember how to get there anymore.

Ya a whole different scenario there.  I too don't always agree with rosity rules too many grey areas in many forms but altogether this is a great place to be  most of the time lol  ;)

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

Hypernaut ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:38 AM

ya elfwood is a great site - was one the first big galleries I found in the www, and the entry test took more then one time to pass :)
I personally find this test hard but correct - it should avoid a lot of complications from the start. Also the preapproving system has it's advantages (although i think it would not be realizable at Rendo because of the amount), but depsite the strict hanling there afaik there is no such ranting like here -  they just accept the judgement of their handlers.
btw. epilogou is quite similar in that matter (as I already mentioned in primaltrucks venting-thread)

@Khai
did you upload only one pic ? then I know why it's not  public yet because you have to have at least 4 pics in your gallery before it actually "opens"

Renderosity Staff
2D Forum Moderator
Arts&Crafts Moderator

-:] Vision is nothing without skill - skill is nothing without vision ! [:-

-:] Regeln sind für Diejenigen, die es nicht besser wissen ! [:-

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 2:58 AM

elfwood is not that hard to get into. but it makes sure you are aware of the rules and such before you get in and try posting something. they -can- have a huge que to get something approved but that is the first time I have head of five years. usually you have to check your gallery to see if it got in. I have had work approved in the five year time, sometimes taking a month or more but..

and epilogue? I have a love hate relationship about that site. it is hard as nails to get something up,,,but when you do...dang if it is not worth it. they -do- make you raise your bar higher and higher. kind of like a personal trainer that keeps pushing you. you either improve and grow or you just dont have a growing gallery.

it hurts abit...ok allot at times LOL. but honestly it is worth it.(and trrrrrrrrrrrrrust me I have done my own bitching about it ...sounded kind of like cartman off southpark when I get mad about epi but..heh then it works out in the end LOL)

(forgive any typos I just woke up and not coherent right now lol)

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Star4mation ( ) posted Sat, 28 October 2006 at 4:07 PM

Quickly checks to make sure it's not April first!! Is Elfwood for real? Damn, I nearly fell asleep halfway through the rules!! R'osity may be a pain in the butt sometimes but at least they dont refuse your image because it's just a tad more Goth than Sci-fi!!! or you put an image in the Poser gallery which was rendered in Daz/Studio LOL

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

pearce ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 5:51 AM

"Artists and writers must be alive when signed up for Elfwood."

:woot:

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:40 AM

Quote -
@Khai
did you upload only one pic ? then I know why it's not  public yet because you have to have at least 4 pics in your gallery before it actually "opens"

nope.. was 4. they just never mailed me back.
tell ya the truth, if they wanna be that exclusive, let 'em. I just don't like bad manners.

amacord ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 9:22 AM

elfwood wants to show good fantasy images - rosity wants to sell poser stuff. rosity wouldn't sell much poser stuff if they'd reject 95% of their customers images. on the other hand those 95% are the very reason why i do not visit the galleries here any more. A.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.