Sun, Oct 6, 1:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: How to embed pictures in Forum posts?

Sarissi ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 2:25 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:25 PM

How is this done? Do they have to be hosted elsewhere, or are they uploaded to the forum?

I cannot find any information on how to do this, and there is no link that I can find. If there is, please post the link to the information.

diolma ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 2:49 PM

file_358020.jpg

Hi Sarissi

In the "Reply" box at the end of the thread, there's a box for "Attach a File".
Hit the Browse button next to that, find the image you want to upload from your PC and load that.
It will get uploaded to the thread:-))
(see above - I just captured that whilst replying..)

Warning. The image must be in .jpg format and must be (IIRC) at most 250kb in (disk) size...
Cheers,
Diolma

Sarissi ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:07 PM

Thanks! Any width x height limits?

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 7:53 PM

Or you can click the big red button that says NEWBEE.

hehe just kidding...

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 7:56 PM

not sure..I think I've managed 640x480..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 9:39 PM

Welcome to hotel renderosity.. you can render in but you can never render out.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarissi ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 10:19 PM

file_358051.JPG

Thanks. Here is one I did in Bryce 5.5.

Sarissi ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 10:22 PM

That was 640 x 476 and the forum reduced it for in the post, though if you click on it, you will see it at the size it was uploaded at.

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 12:01 AM

I usually staple mine right to the screen, when they refuse to stick, I use a hammer and nails...LOL...j/k I think there's a 200k limit on attachments.

diolma ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 12:55 PM

"Thanks! Any width x height limits?"

Not as far as I know, but if you go too large the jpg compression needed to bring the file size down to the limit will probably ruin the picture. Use your own judgement (and don't forget there are still people out there with small screens, using 800x600 resolution. They'd have to scroll to see the whole pioc if it were much bigger than that..

Having said that, I've sometimes posted at 1024x768 with no-one yelling at me..:-))

Cheers,
Diolma

Sarissi ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 1:30 PM

Diolma, if you look at the render that I attached above, and Click on it, you will notice that that actual size is larger than what is displayed in the forum post.

diolma ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 1:44 PM

Yes, Sarissi, that's how it works. It was the "clicked-on" size I was referring to, not the size in the forum post..:-)

Cheers,
Diolma

Sarissi ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:11 AM

Ah. Okay.

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 2:51 PM

Quest:

With the 200k limit, You'll have to take your sneakers off. ;)

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

diolma ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:26 PM · edited Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:26 PM

If I take my sneakers off, there'd be a very strong smell of ...Danish Blue? or Roqueforte? or Camembert?...or Stilton? (I LOVE Stilton..)

Which actually gives me an idea for a silly pic, but I don't have time to do it this evening. And I'll probably forgotten all about it by tomorrow...

Ah, well, such is life.

Cheers,
Diolma

(Nostril plugs are now applied..)

perilous7 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2011 at 5:22 PM · edited Tue, 22 March 2011 at 5:24 PM

file_467064.jpg

you also have to be  careful what file  format you use i just spent ages trying to upload a tiff it works as a jpeg

A cleaved head no longer plots.

http://www.perilous7.moonfruit.com

skiwillgee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2011 at 11:23 PM

I'm pretty sure file size limit is 250k.  Yes, 250k.  I checked some of those photos I uploaded the other day and some were 240k and they went ok.   I limited size to physical size but I think you can go to 1024 pix one side if file size is within limits.

SteveJax ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2011 at 9:51 AM

Or you could click the HTML button and link to images you have stored on PhotoBucket or Flicker. Example:

Photobucket

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 9:28 AM
Forum Moderator

Hey! Keep your sneakers on!!!! I'm not having you lot stinking up my forum.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 1:19 PM · edited Sat, 26 March 2011 at 1:22 PM

file_467162.jpg

My god - brilliant topic.  I kid you not, I have spent MONTHS searching for the answer to the question the OP asked...I can't believe it was staring me in the face all the time! As Homer would say "Doh!".  I always had to use Photobucket in the past (and just today over at the Poser forum!) because I was too embarassed to ask the question!

To celebrate, I uploaded the first picture the "Browse" function took me to......!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.