Mon, Oct 21, 10:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Stupid Premiere 6 question on editing

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:27 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:54 PM

I have premiere 6 on my notebook and premiere pro on my main...yes...both legal and both manuals handy. My husband is trying to take out the cruddy stuff and save the rest. For 6 what is the quickest way to pull out the good stuff and save it? We have been using the razor to cut it, but I seem to remember you could lift it out and save that part? Am I making any sense at all? We have been going through the manual with no success and unfortuately have no time to just sit and go through the whole thing like a tutorial. It's frustrating that most Jr colleges only use macs and so don't teach premiere but that's another story. Hope someone out there understands what I need and can help me just cut and save the parts I want...or at least give me a manual page number that I can point him to. I am busy on my school project on my main so can't do it in the pro version, though I know just as littel about that one...lol

nemirc ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 8:51 PM

It's been a looooong time since I've used premiere, and I didn't use it that much so I can't help you there. I think that Bobasaur here uses premiere. Let me drop him a message.

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

nahie ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 11:29 PM

I've switched from Premiere 6 to Sony Vegas, but I used Premiere 6 for many years. You can use the razor to cut out the parts you don't want, then just delete them (select them and press delete on the keyboard) and move the rest of the clips over (using the laso tool if you need). I think 6 or 6.5 had a feature to automate clips to the timeline, but that was more hassle than it was worth. If you just want to export a clip from a section, you can use the yellow selection bar on the top of the timeline to select an area to render out. The display on that was always buggy for me, but just make sure you have the start and end points right and then export movie.

The manual should go over all this. I think Premiere called it "make movie" or something for exporting movies, or you could "export" it as an MPEG file (in 6.5) that would open the MPEG encoder.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 4:08 AM

Thanks figured it out and the razor was what I used. Pro is a lot better, but I've put off learning it until I get through my Maya class. Using version 6 on my laptop because you can only use one version of pro at a time and it's on my main system which my husband doesn't use. He just wanted to help out by getting rid of the junk video so I wouldn't have to deal with it, but he is really not into computers.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 11:04 AM

It sounds like you've got a solution already. I would have recommended looking up "Consolidate" in your Premiere help. It's a command Adobe uses in some of their software to pull together the clips that are actually used within a project and clean out the ones that aren't (or something like that). I get the impression that's what your're basically trying to do. I've used Premiere in the past but it was the waay past so I don't know how that option is implemented now (I edit on Final Cut Pro and Avid systems). My actual primary software is AFter Effects and it still includes the Consolidate Footage option. If you're trying to keep your computers reasonably clean, you might empty the caches every now and then as well. Often the editing programs will create files for transitions - even 'real time' transitions - that it caches tfor quick access or extra processing (these are also sometimes called 'render files'). Sometimes you'll think you've cleaned a project off your computer and then find there's still a ton of files related to it in your cache. I'm not sure specifically how and where Premeire does this but it's worth checking into.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 2:48 PM

Thank you! I will look that up, I appreciate any and all tips on using this.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 5:43 PM

Ok, going to go to the adobe site just to let you know that for whatever reason I can't just cut a part of a clip and save just that video, no project...just the video. The cheaper programs seem so much easier, just bring it in and cut and save. Wonder why I spent so much money? Sheesh.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.