Fri, Oct 4, 4:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Looking for this Mustang

Robo2010 ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 2:19 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:20 PM

file_354351.jpg

Anyone spot this car around on the net for poser or in 3DS format? Please let me know. Preferrably the car on the top right (white image), of image. I used to have this car, in my younger years, and I sported it up (brought it back up to life). Then one day, on my way home from work 3am, a car raced through a red light and totalled the car I was driving. I woke up in hospital next day, not knowing that I was in a car crash. It was the mustang I could only own from all others, and it was a great car. I sure could use this car in Poser for fun (texturing) and other.  But any mustang in this type will do (1973-1978) even if it is a Cobra. Great vehicles at the time. I wouldn't mind owning another personally.

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 9:12 AM

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 4:07 PM

I have the link as my favorite. Looked their already. Thanks..   😄   Notice a gap in making mustangs from the years of 73-78. I haven't even enountered any thing close. Not even the Cobra.  

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 5:54 PM

file_354508.jpg

Theres this mustang but not sure what year it is. The readme says FoopCGI.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 9:19 PM

That looks like a 2003 mustang, and can be a Saleen. Yes, I have that one.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 8:19 AM

file_354541.jpg

And I darn well forgot about this car. The 1978 Ford Monroe Handler Mustang. No one made this car.

ptrope ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 9:22 PM

Quote - I have the link as my favorite. Looked their already. Thanks..   😄   Notice a gap in making mustangs from the years of 73-78. I haven't even enountered any thing close. Not even the Cobra.  

The Mustang II is something of an orphan; it's generally dismissed by Mustang enthusiasts as what they feel it is: a gussied-up Pinto (and, well, it was!). It's not unusual that 3D models of it would be few and far between, because there's probably very little call for it in illustrations or scenes. The only thing that is really considered a "contribution" by the car is its front suspension, which is the most popular independent setup used in modern hot rods (the geometry, if not the actual parts, which are pretty hard to find).

I sympathize with you; I thought the Mustang II was pretty cool, and I'd like to get my hands on one, to upgrade and modernize (getting rid of the oversize bumpers would be a major improvement), I like the lines of both the notchback and the hatchback, and when it became available with the 302 c.i. V-8, I think it really deserved the name (even with the 4-cylinder, it was nearly identical in concept to the original 1964 Mustang).

Good luck finding a model; if you do, I'd also be interested, and if, along the way, you find a 3D model of the late-model Chevy Cavalier, I'd be indebted .

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 4:01 PM

Aw, come on. The Mustang II was a Mercury Capri with a different nameplate. :) My first car, tho. Used to take it out for a spin (literally -- practicing 180's) on the fire trails around post. I just had the four-banger, no supercharger, no Cobra kit, none of that. Miss that car.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 4:29 PM · edited Thu, 02 November 2006 at 4:32 PM

Well, that is one reason I owned the mustang II. It was an isolated vehicle of all mustangs. While most were driving em to the end and/or couldn't care less about them quickly, I was keeping mine alive, and sharp. I am looking for that car again to own. I always had that feeling, that their would be no more around, and I would be the only one owning, "That rare vehicle" and fast. The 3D world also gives that good example, how all other mustangs are made, the Mustang II is not. I would enjoy having the Mustang II, Cobra, or even yet the rarest made car ..Monroe (8 made) to use in Poser(6).

ptrope ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 2:16 AM

Quote - Aw, come on. The Mustang II was a Mercury Capri with a different nameplate. :) My first car, tho. Used to take it out for a spin (literally -- practicing 180's) on the fire trails around post. I just had the four-banger, no supercharger, no Cobra kit, none of that. Miss that car.

Not even close - the Capri was a European Ford with a completely different set of hardware underneath it; the Mustang II was a rebodied Pinto, created in response to the first gas crisis at a time when all of the U.S. auto manufacturers were trying to figure out what to do with the muscle cars they could no longer sell. The Capri was a much better car, frankly, in that it wasn't burdened with all the extra weight of safety bumpers, and the various power-robbing anti-pollution technologies.

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 2:23 AM

Still was funny they had the same manual!

servo ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:09 PM

My first car ever was a '74.   My second was a '78.
I  haven't ever had a digital model of them, but I agree it would be neat to have.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.