Sun, Oct 6, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Maybe it's time to clean house here?

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 3:03 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:32 PM

I'll admit it.. I got Vue5 infinite with lightwave 9, and hardly touched it. I would run into various issues from lack of familiarity, and it kept being put ion th eback burner for free time.

I upgraded to Vu6I, and am finding it much easier to use now, with some of the new features.

Some things are perplexing though.. lack of plant flower and tree variety, very few for sale at Cornucopia, but tons of renders with trees and plant sof every type.

So I decide to hunt in free stuff and the backroom here, and find many dead links.

Maybe someone could just clear the dead stuff out, and do a series of reposts or posts with the best tips n tricks out there?

There was a great site still available with tons of new tree and plant leaves.. maybe pointers to how to use some of that stuff? (Or even where to install it, since none I downloaded even came with install instructions.)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 3:14 PM

I am planning to do that as part of the redesign for 2007.
Please check out the link in the announcements of the forum and post your suggestions for the new site if you have any :)

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 3:21 PM

I saw that.. I think my biggest issue right now, is most of the tutorial list links are dead. A few still work, but it seems like 3/4 of the links are dead.

Rebel3D ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 4:09 AM

Yeah, I noticed that too Gareee. It is why in the end, I ordered the AsileFX video tuts to be able to learn swiftly, since I could not seem to locate many live links for beginner level tutorials. You might want to consider the AsileFX tuts, they are really good, I think and have given me a good base knowledge level fast.

We all want something beautiful
Man, I wish I was beautiful
When everybody loves me, I will never be lonely

Counting Crows

attileus ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 6:24 AM

My suggestion on another thread was that Rosity buys and extra harddrive ( about 100 GB) for say, 100 USD and put all the Vue resources there instead of dead links to disappearing sites...

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 7:01 AM · edited Sun, 05 November 2006 at 7:02 AM

I think the dead links is really hurting what use to be the best Vue forum on the Internet.
 Agiel is it possible to get a cordnaitor so as to help you with the back room and other aspects of The vue forum.
 I see some Renderosity forums with as many as 6-7 moderators helping out with things. :)
  I would love to see ths forum back as it was 2-3 years ago.  No reason it couldnt be that way if we listen to members and make it work.

Garee I have found a lot of exellent plants and trees at Rdna at veary reasnable prices.  A lot  will be in their Half price sell which is getting ready to start.  :)

Also the Lisa's Botancial plants from DAz3d work great in Vue and if not mistaken she used xfrog to make these exceleltn plants.   PC members can get them for $1.99 each and what is great aout all these I have mention is they are not encrypted or copy protected. :)

ïÏøçö

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 2:31 PM

I have many poser plants, but since you can modify and save out new vue native plants, I'd think there would be a huge repository somewhere with lots of modified plants.

Since all the vu5 plants are compatible with vue6, and there are many modified plants even in the demo scenes provided, giving the user only a small selection of available plants seems like a disservice not only yo customers, but also to the included program's content itself.

ONE flower type, and just a bush or two? I would expect no less then 20 included flower types, and at least the same number of bush types in what is supposed to be THE best organic world software out there.

And new users shouldn't have to build most of their own plant varieties themselves from scratch

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 3:33 PM

Attached Link: Free Vue Plants

I agree wiith you Garee but if e-on did that think of all the sales c3d store might think they may be missing......:)  It's all about making more money once a customer gets the product. :)

There are a few places that free plants can be found for use in Vue.  I have attached a link to one of them.

Maybe other members can add some links to free Vue plants. :)

ïÏøçö

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 3:44 PM

Thanks much! Thing is, they really have hardly any plant sat all over at Cornucopia... as a matter of fact, I don't see a whol lot new there since I visited there when i got Vu5I last december.

Looks like some poser content creators have moved some buildings n such over there, but as far as vue only content, there's not a lot there at all.

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 3:48 PM

Do a search here in the free stuff for vue plants and vue trees.
  There are some nice plants by bigbradder(sp??)  which are free.    There are also plants from some other vue users in the free stuff. :)

You might want to have a look at xfrog and onyx tree pro and start making your own plants.
  xfrog has cd and dvds for sale with proably the best plants to be found anywhere. :)

ïÏøçö

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 3:56 PM

I grabbed everything here yesterday. (only about 10 vue plants here though)

If memory serves,  object imported plants can't use any of the Vue options like wind n such, right?

I was always under the impression that you were much better off using Vue plants, rather then x-frog or poser prop plants.

I'll have to try a cornfeild using Deadcorn, and see how it looks in Vue

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 4:04 PM

No you dont have to use the vue solid growth plants in vue.
  I personaly dont like them but that is just me.
There are lots of soursces for great plants to use in Vue.

For pines and firs go to Rdna and look at the old wood pines. Also look at the snowy pines
 Do a search for traveler and look at a lot of his plants.
These will need to be loaded into poser and saved out as pz3 and then imported into Vue where you can then save them as vob objects to always have ready in vue. :)

The lisa pc club plants at Daz are some the best also to convert in poser to pz3 and use in Vue. :)

ïÏøçö

Rebel3D ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 4:13 PM

I have an off topic sort of question about X-Frog. Does anyone know if one purchases X-Frog would one be allowed to sell their plants that one creates? I know it must seem like I am one of those artists you mentioned who is all about money, and I guess if I have to face facts about myself I am, since this is a big income supplement for me, what I can make producing 3d content, and it is needed money, so I hope no one will think less of me for wanting to make great quality items to sell, not merely only to give away.

BTW Gareee, I am working on some new solidgrowth plants for Vue to use in underwater scenes as well as other plants. If you wished, you could help me out by beta testing them when they are ready, and add them to your libraries.

Counting Crows

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 4:20 PM

I see no reason you could not sell your plants. If I am not mistaken Lisa at Daz makes her plants with xfrog and sells them at Daz. :)

WE need a person to make nice plants as Garee has been wanting and I feel sure anyone would buy nicely made plants that can be used in vue.
 I personly dont support Cornucopia3D store because of the copy protection and encryption they are so determined to have and keep when other stores like Renderosity and Daz and others don't require this to sell a product. :)

If you need another beta tester just let me know.........As you say its all about money and I am on fixed income and use computer as a hobby to spend my time so have plenty to beta test and play with models.

ïÏøçö

Rebel3D ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 4:26 PM

smiles Iloco, I will put your name down then as a beta tester for when this wee Ocean pack is ready to be tested. Thank you for your help :)

Counting Crows

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 4:32 PM

I have a lot of Lisa's botanicals, and the RDNA plants already as well. You'd THINK RDNA would be advertising in the vue forums that most of their store is 50% off for the next month.

I'll have to read up on pz3->vob creation. You can then use the vob objects in ecosystems as well, if memory serves, right?

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 4:41 PM

Yes you can.
 Its easy to do.  Just open the plant in poser and then save as a pz3 file.
Open vue and go to import obj and import the pz3 into vue.    I dont have vue 6 yet so not sure what options you have when importing into vue.   With vue 5 I check for single frame only if not an animation and also remove the tick from Use quaternion interloption in the poser import option that wil pop up when you import the pz3 into Vue.

I have a seperate obj folder I call 3rd party in Vue but in the Vue obj folder where I export all my pz3 from poser and this is where I save my vobs as well when saved in Vue.   After you restart Vue you should then be able to see the vobs in the obj icon that you clik on for objs.

Hope I am not to confusing.

ïÏøçö

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 5:39 PM

That makes sense.. thanks!

BTW, is this the biggest Vue forum around? The ones over on Eon's site are pretty vacant for such a popular program.

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 5:44 PM · edited Sun, 05 November 2006 at 5:45 PM

At one time this was the best vue forum.
 I'd like to see it back to what it use to be. :)
Might want to look into the vue forum at 3Dcommune where monsoon is a moderator and has made available a lot of good stuff to use in Vue.

Rebel3D thanks a lot for the offer...If I can be of any help just let me know. :)

ïÏøçö

Rebel3D ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 5:54 PM

Was there something that changed to cause the quality of this forum to decrease over time instead of stay the best like you remember it used to be?

Counting Crows

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 5:59 PM

Hmmmmmmm If I gave my opinion why I think it changed it will make some mad so I will not give my reason. :)
 This is like home to me for Vue and its use and where I praobly lernt 95% when I first began with Vue.
  A very nice person by the name of gebe was the moderator then and has since passed and I think a little of it left with her. :)

I see no reason why it can not be brought back to the forum where most all vue users like to come for learning and discussions.   I'd sure like to see it and I know others who feel the same as I. :)

ïÏøçö

Rebel3D ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 6:19 PM

I think I understand. It is very sad. I never knew Gebe.

I think maybe Agiel needs a good experienced co-mod who does not mind rolling up the sleeves for alot of hard work. It must be overwhelming, trying to do it all alone.

Counting Crows

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 6:23 PM

I agree that it is to much for someone who don't have time to do it all.
  A co mod I think would be a big help to this Vue forum. :)

ïÏøçö

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 6:38 PM

Or maybe a few people, to clear out the dead links, and post active ones. I didn;t know Gebe passed on.. how long ago was that?

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 6:55 PM

I may be wrong but I am thinking about 2 yrs ago.  Maybe not  quite that long. :)

It would have to be the moderator of the vue forum to clear out the dead links and add live ones.
 Other members don't have access to the cpanel that controls the code to do it. :)

ïÏøçö

Rebel3D ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 3:41 AM

Agiel, are you here? If so, this is a discussion I think you should be in on. What can we help you Agiel? Would it make things easier for you if you had a co-mod or two? And no, please don't think I am wanting the job, but it would be nice to see this forum come alive again, don't you think? I must say, I was a little surprised when you indicated that cleaning up dead links would not be realized till 2007. Now is the time that we newcomers are showing up due to the release of Vue 6, not 2007. So now is the time to bring this forum back to life or like myself and Gareee, the newcomers will get frustrated and unlike myself and Gareee they may leave and go to other sites like 3dCommune and PoserPros. How can we help you to make this a better forum and learning site?

Counting Crows

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 10:16 AM

I agree. even removing the dead link alone would make it look like this is at least a current place, rather then a ghost town. With all the dead links, it makes it look like Vue is a dying application, rather then a thriving community.

As a member of various poser and lightwave online communities, it's really astounding that there isn't one BIG Vue community by now.

iloco ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 12:09 PM

Agree with you Garee.
  I have quit sending people to links in the backroom because they  come back to me and say they are dead.   That is no good at all. :)
 The C3d site is trying for an all Vue place but to be honest I like it here better and feel more comfortable in the enviroment that has always been here. :)
 With New members showing up maybe we can get this place as it use to be. :)

ïÏøçö

Rebel3D ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 12:46 PM

"With New members showing up maybe we can get this place as it use to be. :)"

Wouldn't that be grand, Iloco? :)

Counting Crows

iloco ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 1:06 PM

Yes it would Rebel3D but don't hold your breath to long. :)

ïÏøçö

war2 ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 7:23 AM

well i agree that every vue version should ship with even more plants then the previous one, but i dont agree that c3d doesnt have alot of solidgrowth plants (xfrog plants aswell btw).

linda has been churning out alot of high quality plants and they are all available on c3d and the in house team has released quite a few aswell, the one thing that is lacking tho in vue land is flowers and especialy indoor flowers.

so a small q is if you´ve made sure to check out the plant subsections aswell over @ c3d, if not make sure to do that since there´s quite a few more plants listed there then the 20 thats listed in the main plant section.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.