Fri, Oct 25, 1:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Snow Shots Please

Dianthus ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 3:39 PM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 1:36 PM

Hi Everyone,
Well its Spring here and we are in for a hot one. So all you people feeling the cold right now how about sharing some snow shots for us Aussies. Specially Micheal and I who have never experienced snow:(
Chris

mermaid ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 4:43 PM

file_358778.jpg

Hi Chris, not much snow right now here, although is cold... but I have searched my data and came up with some shots of the last winters for you.. Here they are. Greetings to OZ Ulla

mermaid ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 4:43 PM

file_358779.jpg

mermaid ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 4:45 PM

file_358781.jpg

mermaid ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 4:46 PM

file_358782.jpg

mermaid ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 4:47 PM

file_358784.jpg

Dianthus ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 4:53 PM

Wow they are gorgeous. Thanks Ulla. Does it snow long there?
Chris

Radlafx ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 4:58 PM

No snow here (in Toronto ON) yet. I think Andreas would be more than happy to send you some snow. 😉

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

mermaid ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 5:03 PM

Thanks Chris...aye it does... normally from November to March/April and this year even into may... there has been one date in May this year where we had almost 30 cm snow coming down over night...  so climate seems to change here a bit too, as winters extend longer into the new year than usually. We are lucky to have a garage for our cars, cause its definitly no fun to dig out your car before you have to go to work...LOL...

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 7:22 PM

@Chris...yes, the snow only looks gorgeous in the pictures LOL!....but in real life it is not so nice.  Remember, you have to SHOVEL this stuff...the roads/walkways can be treacherous and when it does melt 6  months later you have tons of dirt/grime/garbage and dog doo that shows up!

Snow belongs at ski resorts only!!!!  LOL!

It's amazing that those of us who have the snow yearn for the warm weather while those that have the warm weather yearn for the snow!

@Radlafx...yeah...Toronto is the Bahamas of Canada!...go a few hundred km north....

@mermaid...beautiful pics...Switzerland?....I was there a long time ago...one of the prettiest countries in the world!

All joking aside...a fresh snowfall is very pretty.....as long as I'm sitting close to the fireplace....

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 7:24 PM

@Chris...forgot to ask....I have heard that there are places in Australia that do get snow...is this true?

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

Dianthus ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 12:20 AM

Yes their are some places that get snow. But as yet i havent been. We talked about going in the future. Well today its Spring in Aussieland and i have house all closed up with both airconditioners going. Its not even Summer. Help.
Chris

GiveMe ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 12:39 AM

file_358814.jpg

Ok  I dug into my collection and came up with thiswinter image from last year.

Should cool you off some ;^)

mermaid ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 1:02 AM

Oh Chris,

not so nice... but thats waht my sister from Adelaide told me too, only spring and no water and freeking hot. Phones withher yesterday and she said, no way of coming over for Xmas, because it will be the worst fire season ever... sigh
Take care

Ulla

Dianthus ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 1:06 AM

Yep already had some bad fires. Summers down here getting hotter and water restrictions are heavy.
Chris

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 11:22 AM

file_358864.jpg

There is a snowstorm in the freezer...

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Radlafx ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 2:33 PM · edited Tue, 07 November 2006 at 2:35 PM

ROFLMAO @ Kort :lol: :lol: :lol: :m_laugh: I think its easier to take photo's in winter cuz everythings frozen solid. Paparazzi: FREEZE!! Jack frost: But I'm already frozen.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 2:39 PM

Makes it a lot easier to shoot HDRs and panoramas too! ;'P

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Dianthus ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 3:59 PM

Haha Kort,
At least you can get warmer in the cold. So hard down here when Summer heat takes over the air conditioning even. When you walk outside like a heat wave hit you. Cars are boiling etc. Must have shoes on or paths will burn feet in seconds.
Chris

Radlafx ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 5:28 PM

Hey Chris, ever tried frying an egg in the sun? Sun fried (NOT my photo) http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=691421&member

Dianthus ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 3:00 AM

Actually you can fry egg on the road and footpaths. Believe me when summer hits when you work outside its like a heatwave hits you. You might complain about snow but we complain about the other extreme. Heat. Isnt looking good for this Summer down here either.
Chris

aangus ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 6:26 PM

file_359248.jpg

Roll on the winter I say, I need to sharpen my crampons soon.  I'm not too keen on fried eggs anyway!

Dianthus ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 2:37 PM

Hi Aangus,

You get snow already where you live mate? If so how about sending some down this way:)

Chris

Fred255 ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:29 AM

I have not seen any snow for a few years.  There are lots of snow images in the Terragen Gallery :~)

ecurb - The Devil

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.