Tue, Sep 24, 7:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 6:31 am)

Subject: Real Renders

meltz ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 10:29 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:25 AM

Is there a trick to making your renders look real? I use poser 6. Or is it really just the textures that you use?

Some of the pictures i see in the galleries is amazingly real looking. Just wanted to know if there was a trick to it or something

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 10:37 AM

No particular trick, usually there's a lot of hard work and experience that goes into a really good looking image (I know this because mine never look that great 😄)

Try using one of the IBL lighting pre-sets on your renders for a start; they make an amazing difference in the quality of an image, IMO.

Captain Jack

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 10:52 AM

IME, it's lighting and textures.  High-res, realistic textures make a big difference. 

A lot of people use skin shaders along with photoreal textures.  Face_off sells several kits in the MP.  I believe he's got a free tutorial somewhere, too.

sekhet ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 11:30 AM

It seems that a lot of people also use programs like Cinema 4d and 3ds Max for rendering, a lot of the photo quality renders are done with them.

ruana ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 11:50 AM

well!! good question!!!!
i think you will get lots of different answers, people that have been using poser for a long time might have some other ways of doing things so ill just give you my observations and experiences!
FaceOff has the best tools that i have seen out there for poser! i would suggest getting at least one of his tools, you can go with his SSS tutorial but thats quite involved! ibl lights make a big difference in any render you want realistic, combine that with some SSS and you are bound to end up with a winner!! but i will say that a good light setup is the best way to get a realistic render even without any tool! but the basic building block before all these is most sertainly a good texture! pull out your wallet and buy a good one! look at morris in the store or shahara! in my opinion they deliver the best textures out there! or wait! even a better idea if you dont want to spend money yet!
check on as shanims website in the freebie section he has a texture that is awesome! Luna is the name! tru it!

hope this helps!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.