Mon, Oct 21, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 6 won't open 8(

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 10:44 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:59 PM

Hi all it's been a while but I now have a serious problem which I can't figure out at all. Br6 shows up on the task bar but won't open. The task manager tells me that the CPU is running at 100% but that Br6 is not responding.

I feel so lost and confused now that I can't play with my new toy and would be eternally grateful if anyone could come up with any idea on what may be causing this or how to get the damned thing to work.

Thanks all I hope someone can help me with this. 8)

Catlin

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 10:46 AM

maybe an uninstall/reinstall?

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 3:31 PM

Just to be clear....

You are rendering a scene while this is going on with your Task Manager?

If so, this is not uncommon. The Task Manager will sometimes report Bryce as "not responding" when it is intensively doing something for a long time (I still get it when I am smoothing out a massive imported mesh) Also, if you have switched to some other program, it can be difficult to have Bryce pop back up.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

AGOR ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 6:49 PM

Welcome to the "BRYCE 6 betatesters" club...have the same problem...and many others...

Bea ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 11:00 PM

Catlin, I think you got the answer at DAZ didn't you? I think you are running a 64bit and have to open in compatability mode ?

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 10:17 AM

Yes Bea I just read what was said at the DAZ forum and will try that as soon as I get offline.

AS the Br6 interface is not opening at all, and the task manager details are what it says when it's trying to open Br6 for the first time, nothing else is running in the background. The only thing I get to say that Bryce is there at all is the icon on the task bar.

I'm going to try running it in compatability mode and see if I can get it up and running, I just ask that everyone keeps their fingers crossed for me.

Thanks all 8)

Catlin

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 5:40 PM

Fingers and toes crossed!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 10:39 AM

Well I'm pleased to report that all is well with the world, I started it in Win98 compatability mode, which got it to open, then changed it to WinXP mode and it is now working for me, so you can now uncross all fingers and toes. 8)

Thank you all for your support through this trying time. 8)

Catlin

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:34 PM

Rofl...don't forget to include some Windows 95 inf's and a Windows 3.1 trident video card driver....

Glad to see you got it up and running!

Bea ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:44 PM

Delighted to have been of help :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.