Mon, Sep 9, 6:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Are ALL Poser users cat lovers?

Mogwa ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 2:03 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 2:22 AM

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but a lot of the AOM and MOM winners' personal photos show the happy recipients snuggling a kitty. I wonder if that's just a mathematically improbable coincidence or if there's something common in Poser fans' natures that make us love cats?

And yes, I love moggies. I lost my seventeen year old Brindle two tears ago and still haven't gotten over it.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 2:20 PM

Concerning me?---YES!!!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 2:22 PM

sorry to hear of your loss. but many of 'em are dog-lovers. it may be some kind of macho thing. e.g. dog lovers don't wanna post cute pix of dogs because it's too sentimental, whereas cat lovers don't hold back in that regard.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 2:41 PM

I prefer goldfish myself -no fleas, no shedding, no scratching up the furnture, and when they're dead, down the tiolet they go -no mess!
But then, with five children running around my apartment, who needed pets!
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 2:51 PM

I have 2 cats & 2 dogs & 2 kids, there's times when I'd love to flush them all down the toilet but I wouldn't change any of them.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 2:51 PM

Nope. big dogs and my horses!

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 3:01 PM

Cats are great pets for Poser users.  They keep you company at the computer, but don't drag you away from it to take them for walks in the rain and such. 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 3:14 PM

I like both dogs and cats.  But currently we have only two cats: because they fit into our household's lifestyle better.  Just give our two cats their food, water, and a litter box and they're good to go.  By contrast, you can't leave a dog unattended inside of a house for 10-12 hours a day.  Plus I don't have to get up at 5:30AM to walk the cats.

Cats do need your attention -- but they don't need it nearly to the degree that dogs do.  Dogs can be very demanding on your time.....otherwise you are neglecting them.  Similarly with children.

We might get another dog at some point.  But I'd prefer it with a different schedule.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

ruby_dragon ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 3:53 PM

I think it all comes down to what a person does, or who they are that really help draw the animal's characteristics and unique tendancies to a person - The best way to explain would be to say: if you sit at a piano most of your life, or a computer or drawing desk - a cat may be your better match as they can sit beside you, and have creative personalities. A good example would be what you just said, randym77. (And I agree to that).
I'm a loner who sits at the computer often, as a personal example - I look at my kitty, Mr. Pickles - he appears to be a loner as well, in his cat mannerisms - he does his own thing, but we always meet at points during the day to interact, play, and snuggle :laugh: We're good for each other, in that respect.

Dogs on the other hand, I agree with Miss Nancy's comment - besides always on the move; I have no other offerings to this theory, as I am definately not an active person, nor am I a dog person (they are wonderful animals, but like the cat, I do not understand them.)

I once heard a cute quote (somewhere on one of these awesome Poser web sites) that goes, "Women and cats will do as they like, and men and dogs should calm down and get used to the idea."

Oh, another thought is that cats are the equivilant of the human "strong, but confidant, intravert." Where as dogs would be more the "strong, confidant extravert."

(I so proudly whipped this up last night; textures I cut & pasted from "Classic Cats" - here is the Mil Cat, posing as my darling, Mr. Pickles
http://www.geocities.com/ruby_dragon_jd/MrPickles

*hugs*
-Jen Dyck

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 4:51 PM

file_359048.jpg

Hamster person here. Image of my friend Gwen.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 4:52 PM

points to avatar!

I love kitties. I can totally see me being an 80 year old spinster known as the "Cat Lady" in my neighbourhood,  LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 5:02 PM

I always thought beards where the things on avatars :)

Though in answer to the 1st post -  I love all animals (through not in the Biblical sense ;). It's cats here because it's a small place in a small city. Not a fan of flying things or fish. If living in the country a dog is a good thing. Dog owners will always stop to chat.

Accady-  "as the "Cat Lady" in my neighbourhood" - You'd be in good company here:)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

MartinW ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 5:05 PM

Allergies to pet hair aside - dogs are the best pet and I too cannot understand the number of cat images, icons, etc., here at R'osity

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 5:07 PM

Attached Link: Cutest Little Angel

> Quote - I always thought beards where the things on avatars :) > > Though in answer to the 1st post -  I love all animals (through not in the Biblical sense ;). It's cats here because it's a small place in a small city. Not a fan of flying things or fish. If living in the country a dog is a good thing. Dog owners will always stop to chat. > > Accady-  "as the "Cat Lady" in my neighbourhood" - You'd be in good company here:) > >  

You have to see this cutie!!!!!  There are pictures throughout the 4 pages. I love my kitties, but even I must say that she has the cutest face of any kitty that I've ever seen.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 5:08 PM

I like them all. I only have the cat right now. I rent the pastures out so I don't have to look after any horses anymore. Dog died of old age, 15, so do be sad, I'm not, he lived a good life. I just don't feel like or have the time to train a new pup right now.

The cat does his thing and makes sure you know what his thing is. You have to give him what he wants when he wants it. Not Now but Right Now. He will start climbing on things and howling like your killing him until you get up and give/do what he wants. Then you don't here from him again until he wants you to. You got to love it.

Humans were put on this earth to serve cats.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 5:18 PM

I think a lot of Poser users ARE cat people really.

Of course, some are not, but if there was a poll I think you'd see a majority.  Actually I vaguely recall such a poll being made a few years ago. I'm just not sure where.

Oh and I'm a cat person, too. 3 of them (and two kids).

Kids and cats clog up the toilet btw. Or so I've heard...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 5:30 PM

Quote - Hamster person here. Image of my friend Gwen.

My cats would just love to meet your hamster.  The cats are very friendly.  😉

Gordon_S ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:01 PM

Three cats, two kids, and a wife. 😄  I like dogs well enough. They just don't fit my lifestyle very well.

befuzled ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:04 PM

"I can totally see me being an 80 year old spinster known as the "Cat Lady" in my neighbourhood,  LOL"

Acadia, that made me laugh- I often say the same thing about myself. I've got 5 (all but one was unintended. )

ruby_dragon ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:06 PM · edited Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:08 PM

Quote -

*Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww!!!!!!
*What are their names, ernyoka1?

*hugs*
-Jen Dyck

Realmling ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:13 PM

Extreamly alergic to felines.....don't have a dog yet (not enough time to devote as needed)...but I do have Mr. Fishy in the corner by my end of the couch. =)

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

tebop ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:31 PM

I don't like dogs nor cats. I have fish, and they never bother me. Posing is hard when you have pets around, so i'm happy like this

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:31 PM

Not sure why strays keep wandering into my part of the woods.

I'm currently being held hostage by three feline monstrosities.  Send help.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:51 PM

Two Kids, Two dogs, Two cats, One Rabbit, 6-10 fish and one wife who, when I don't give attention, drags every cute looking animal into the house. I once warned her that if she would take another pet I would leave the house, but that didn't help very much ,so then I told her that for every new pet I would buy a new guitar, which was more effective. The last pet we took I bought myself, last year we lost our oldest dog: a belgian sheperddog. Our other dog (a longhair daschhund) was very sad, so after a few months I  bought a corkypup, and we stil don't regret it. My oldest daughter didn't like corky's but she is very fond of him. He turned out to be a longhaired one which is very rare, but he is quit funny.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:57 PM

No kids, three dogs, two horses, and 24 chickens (6 of which are chicks).  I did have a Siamese (Cocoa) at one time - very affectionate and liked to correct my programming while away from the computer. :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 7:05 PM

where to begin
Daughter, Son, Grand-daughter, Son's Girlfriend, Son's Girlfriends' daughter, 2 cats, 1 kitten, 1 turtle, one damndog (who took SERE training..an evil genius..;), wife (the missus) and me, in one double-wide..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Silke ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 7:13 PM

As my boyfriend likes to point out "You don't need a cat. We have a George."

George being our neighbors cat, who has decided that our place is his "home from home" and he has successfully claimed the armchair.
That is HIS armchair, thankyouverymuch, now get the hell out of it.

"This chair is CAMPED!"
(If you play any MMO you will know what I mean.)

Silke

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 7:34 PM · edited Thu, 09 November 2006 at 7:34 PM

I have 2 cats & 1 dog(she is a new addition) see avatar. At 1 point I had 5 cats but lost 3 inside a year :(.  2 were 9 and 1 was 17.

jpiazzo ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 7:36 PM

file_359061.jpg

My Baby...

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 7:36 PM

My Siamese went out for the 'final hunt' at about15 and never returned.  Good bet that she went to die in peace.  I do like cats, but not sure if it would be possible to keep the dogs (big and dumb) from using it as a pin cushion....

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 8:55 PM

file_359066.jpg

Here's my two. 

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:20 PM

3 cats (ages 20 years , 7 years, and 8 months) and one Cairn terrier mix :) As soon as I get my film developed and on a disc I am going be forcing everyone to admire them:)

Randym77, your babies look like siblings. The chiseled cheek and jawlines on both are stunnning. Were  they litter mates?

I LOVE THESE CAT THREADS!! I love seeing everyone's angels!

We  feed and shelter our dog. The dog looks at us, and thinks "you must be a god"

We  feed and shelters our cat. The cat looks at us, and thinks "I must be a god"

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:28 PM

They aren't sibs.  (That I know of, anyway.)  I adopted them as adults.  One was given up because his owners divorced and no one wanted the cat.  The other was given up because his owner got pregnant, and was afraid of getting toxoplasmosis.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:34 PM

Three dogs: a German Shepherd/Rottweiler named Jake who weighs in at 120 lbs; a Border Collie/Coyote named Jasmine who weighs in at 45 lbs and a cute little Bichon Frise' named Crash who weighs in at 25 lbs.  Also 2 horses: my old man Quarter Horse, Laddie, who is now 22 and my young man Thoroughbred, George (that's short for Gorgeous George) who is 5.

Don't do cats - extremly allergic to cat dander so the strays out here stay in the barn and keep the barn rodent free.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Gordon_S ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:37 PM · edited Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:39 PM

file_359069.jpg

Here's Smokey. My best pal. Half Maine Coon, half who-knows? 10 years old. Relaxing on the grill on the back deck a couple summers ago. He has six extra toes.

My wife and kids had two cats when I married them, so that's how I wound up with three. 😄 Our oldest girl shot a great photo of the other two cats recently. Have to see if I can track it down.

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:49 PM

i keep a burlap bag around. My next door neighbor said cats love them...but they usually just run away fast when I try to put them inside. Maybe they're afraid of the rocks.
WOOF! WOOF !

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 10:01 PM

2 dogs, here. One's a mostly-whippet.  She was a rescue, and she's a bit psycho thanks to her previous owner, alas.  She's very loving with those she recognizes as 'family', but strangers better be careful of their ankles...  The other is a big, lovable, goofy dog - half Black Labrador Retriever, half Bernese Mountain Dog.  This was my Poser attempt to capture his favorite expression.  Both are currently flopped on my bed, sleeping.  :biggrin:  I'm allergic to cats, but I like 'em in small doses.

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 10:12 PM

Two dogs and nine cats. :blink:  I always considered myself to be more of a 'dog person' until I started to foster orphaned kittens.  And that's also when I added five more cats to the herd.

http://webpages.charter.net/nvlonewolf/Babies.html

Trekkiegrrrl, what beautiful kitties! They look like they are purebred, if so what breed?

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

elzoejam ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 10:45 PM · edited Thu, 09 November 2006 at 10:45 PM

4 cats, 2 dogs, 1 kid and 1 boyfriend. Guess who takes the most work? LOL. I won't post pictures of ALL of them, but this pic is very adorable. The dog is Johnny Rotten, the cat is Sir Albert :-)  They adore each-other.

Sarah

vilian ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 1:38 AM

Attached Link: Pucuś is now twice as big as she was when taking this photo :D

I like dogs and cats equally, but it's just I like everything that's fluffy and warm, the smaller the better ;) My current lifestyle is not a best one for having "big" animals (the house is empty for about 8 hours a day), so I'm in love with rodents instead :) I always liked hamsters, so I'm with Robo2010, but currently I'm a "mommy" to about half a year old female guinea piggy, Pucuś. She's always hungry, and she can be very noisy when demanding for food. But she's such a silly cutsie I can forgive her that behavior ;) Right now she's sleeping in the corner of 1st floor of her cage and looks sooo innocent...

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

tainted_heart ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 4:53 AM

I'm allergic to cats, but they wouldn't be my cup of tea anyway. I'm a dog lover myself. Nothing like walking in the door and having someone glad to see you no matter what kind of day they had!

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!! 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 5:07 AM

Aww Vilian, what a cute Guineapig. And I see it's got a name now :o))

Tainted_heart... cats welcome you just as much as a dog does. At least our cats do.

Nvlonewulf and ruby_dragon - yes they're purebreds. From left to right, they're Basil (lilac lynxpoint siamese), Jack (Ebony/Oriental shorthaired) and Phumba (Black/Silver abyssinian).

They're all lying on top of our aquarium btw. The lamp there is lovely warm :o) (so yes we have fishies, too, and we've had a guineapig as well at some point - the cats were terrified of it btw LOL)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 5:26 AM

One cat and one teenage daughter. The cat is less trouble and takes a lot less cleaning up after. I went down the big dog route too a few years ago (Irish wolfhound) but after he died in my arms I decided never again. Oh yes, daughter has 2 rats called Death and Destruction (she's 15 with goth tendancies). The cat and the rats get on fine, but moggy and i have this unspoken agreement that if i ever leave the cage open overnight then he won't be held responsible.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 5:58 AM

cats welcome you just as much as a dog does. At least our cats do.

Same here.  They know the sound of my car engine (among all the other cars in this busy area) and will come running to the picture window in the living room, watching for me to come in. 

That's why I have two cats.  I had just the black one (BJ) at first, but he got so lonely that if I was even half an hour late home from work, he'd be waiting at the door, yowling. 

So I got him a girlfriend, and now he doesn't mind if I'm late home from work. 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 8:46 AM · edited Fri, 10 November 2006 at 8:48 AM

Yes, most cats do better in pairs.  They need company.  I say "most" because I've also known cats that did not get along with other cats at all.  Animals have individual personalities as unique in their own way as we do.  I've known bad cats.

For that matter, I once had an Airdale terrier that had been purebred from hunting stock.  He was a dangerous dog.  He'd attack most anything on four legs -- and I saw the look that he once gave to the crying 4-year-old daughter of some friends of ours.  It was a prey noise.  That dog was too much of a risk.

Our cats greet my wife and I at the door nearly everytime we come home.  And yes, they know the sound of our vehicles, and will often dash to the window to watch us come in.

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 9:12 AM

Alas, I'm allergic to cats, I have a 12 year old MinPin by the name of George...we call him a "Football with legs" because he's overweight.  He's one of the most intelligent dogs who's ever owned me.  I had an Irish Setter who ran into trees and fences, a Doberman who wouldn't let me out of her sight and protected me 24/7 and a Basenji that screamed instead of barked (they do that..it's more of a loud whine, we called it scream.  He was named Drag Queen or DQ for short)

Cats are cool, though, I wish I could have one as well.

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 10:59 AM

I used to like cats until I stayed at my daughter's house and had to listen to the death cry of baby rabbits at night.  Her cat, Sonny liked them for a midnight snack.  MEAN KITTY!!

I prefer my 9 year old African Grey Parrot over any old dog or cat.  He calls me sweetheart and gives me bird kisses.  What dog or cat can do that?!  LOL

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 11:30 AM

file_359111.jpg

Here's a photo a friend of mine sent me.  She doesn't like cats, but even she felt sorry for this poor cat.

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 11:41 AM

file_359112.jpg

...and here's a picture of my sweetie, Rio!

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 12:34 PM

I've gotten a pretty good chomp on the fingers from a parrot or two.  I once had a male cockatoo loudly attack a female cockatoo while she was perched on my shoulder.  The male took exception to the female getting attention while he wasn't, I suppose.  He sqawked at the top of his lungs & laid into the female -- complete with beating of wings and accompained by harmonious screeching coming from the girl.....it's an interesting experience to have two large birds fighting with each other on your shoulder.

Also -- I once had a tucan attempt to rip the buttons off of my shirt.  Birds have tried to steal pens and other items out of my shirt pocket, too.  As well as one small parrot that proceeded to rip the beard hairs out of my face, one at a time until I was able to shoo him away.......so it's not all peace & love in the bird world.

Yes.....cats are merciless killers by instinct.  So are dogs, if they are left to themselves.  Both animals are natural predators.  You can't blame a cat for killing things any more than you can blame the wind for blowing.

It's actually handy behavior whenever some kind of vermin manage to get into the house.  We've found the remains of dead insects, etc. on many occasions.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 12:37 PM

Quote - points to avatar!

I love kitties. I can totally see me being an 80 year old spinster known as the "Cat Lady" in my neighbourhood,  LOL

I've got 16 cats and 2 dogs (wolf-dog hybrids actually).  I am the crazy reclusive cat lady in my neighborhood.  About the only time I venture out is to walk the dogs (and I'd probably lose all of my pigmentation if it weren't for them).

So, love dogs and cats both.  Also allergic to both.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.