Sat, Sep 21, 10:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: WOE 9-11-06

Cosine ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 10:04 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

file_359071.jpg

Ok, here goes. This may very well be too hard, but we'll see. You guys are good, so I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Starter clues: It's organic and wet.  :huh:

bentchick ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 10:24 PM

I'm thinking it's a fish of some sort, but there is something else there I'm having a hard time with.

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

Cosine ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 10:30 PM

Everything in the picture is part of the same thing, for what that's worth.

barbdennist ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 12:24 AM

I'm totally clueless so I'm anxious for someone to guess it.  Do I get 20 Questions so I can narrow it down?

Cosine ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 12:33 AM

Barbara, you've probably been there and seen them. Of course, if you guess it, you have to post the next one. 😉

barbdennist ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 12:45 AM

Jellyfish?  Tell me I'm wrong because I've never posted anything before and I'm not sure I'm up for the learning curve.  And that doesn't  take into account having to find something to post.

Cosine ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 1:17 AM

Nope, they're not jellies, but like I said, they're wet.

nongo ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 2:29 AM

Salmon???????

inshaala ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 6:52 AM

sea anennnennenenenome? ;)

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

cryptojoe ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 7:01 AM

Rain Clouds???

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

newleaf ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 9:37 AM

Flamingo?

Cosine ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 9:42 AM

Flamingo is a good guess, but that's not it, either. I don't want to give too many clues until everyone has had a chance to look at it. But I will say it's not mobile.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 1:04 PM

Coral?

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Cosine ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 2:21 PM

Getting closer, Kort.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 2:31 PM

Not a sponge, is it? A tubeworm?

Cosine ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 2:58 PM

No, and no.

I'm at work, but I may have to post a bit more of it this evening. I did say this would be hard, you know.
:sneaky:

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 3:35 PM · edited Fri, 10 November 2006 at 3:39 PM

Some sort of sea slug or snail? Hmmm, close to coral...I am stumped. So much for all of those marine biology courses. :) Not mobile and wet....pinkish with ribby things and sorta fluffy looking. Some kind of algae?

bentchick ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 10:14 PM

A type of kelp????

Kim Hawkins

Cosine ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 12:25 AM

Ok, it looks like I stymied everyone. What I posted was part of a picture of a Sea Pen, taken at the Oregon Coast Aquarium.
http://www.aquarium.org/jellies/relative.htm

The Sea Pen is a soft coral, so I think Kort came closest to guessing so Kort, tag, you're it!

I was really conflicted about how much of the original pic to post, and I think I posted too small a piece. But it sure was fun to see the interaction as people fed off each other's guesses and my replies. Here's the whole picture as I originally took it. It's through the glass of the tank, so it's not as clear as I would like, but that's just the way it is.

Cosine ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 12:35 AM

file_359170.jpg

Here's the original. I made the mistake of trying to post the full-sized one, but it was way too big. This should work.

bentchick ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 12:06 PM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooooo cool!!!!! I've never seen one!!!!! I would never have guessed in a million years!!!! Good job of stumping us all!!!!

Kim Hawkins

inshaala ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 8:10 PM

hehe - never seen one either - and maybe they should call it a "Sea Quill" - i dont think many pens these days look like that ;)

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 3:08 PM

Very cool creature and certainly a tough one!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.