Thu, Sep 19, 11:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: What I would like to see in Poser 7.

snabald ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 4:03 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

I hope P7 includes a method for easily making changes to multiple materials at the same time - for example, in a test render my bump settings were too high on a V3 character - I had to go back and change the bump settings in each material zone, it's a pain.

This is something I have always hated about all versions of poser, I know you can do the "apply to all thing" but then I have to go back and fix my texture links, I really, REALLY hope they change this in Poser 7.

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 4:13 PM

that would be nice to change a group of mat at once

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 4:27 PM

This was one of the things that totally turned me off from Poser, despite all the other niggles I had with the program and it's funky interface.  DAZ Studio allows the end user to use the Ctrl key and select body parts and material (surfaces) and de-select as well.   We only have 2 more reasons to buy coming up and from what folks are upset about so far is that all say that in the screen shots the interface looks exactly the same!! :sad:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 4:35 PM

ShaderSpider does this and more.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 4:42 PM

Quote - [..] all say that in the screen shots the interface looks exactly the same!! :sad:

I'm glad it is   I only need to imagine it would look like DS and it makes me run away screaming.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 5:49 PM · edited Mon, 13 November 2006 at 5:50 PM

What I also like to see is a better way to arrange the content or runtime, although I don't like DAZ-studio, it handels the content more like windows does (sorry for the MAC-users😊) I hate when I have to stroll through my pose-folder, to find what I want. I haven't seen this feature till so far, but I hope it's in one of the last two reasons. ( I pre-ordered already, but that won't spoil the fun.)

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

snabald ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 6:03 PM

Quote - ShaderSpider does this and more.

But you shouldn't have to buy an add-on to have basic user-friendly functionality.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 6:38 PM

Quote - > Quote - [..] all say that in the screen shots the interface looks exactly the same!! :sad:

I'm glad it is   I only need to imagine it would look like DS and it makes me run away screaming.

Yea, each to their own I guess.  If you like outdated, brown interfaces, your more than welcome to it.  DAZ Studio's interface may be a bit much for many but it's sure easy to get around in there.  Plus you don't have to have your set up in the way, there are nice little central buttons to hide the tabbed areas so you have a supreme amount of space to work and render in.  😉  In any case I was not asking for a totally new interface, just update the current one to include options to allow the end user to select more than one body part or in the Material room - more than one MAT area with out the need for ad ons.  You can not do this currently and it slows down production time getting everything set up.  Not pleasing in the least to me!! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 9:10 PM
Online Now!

Freeware ShaderWorks by semidieu, also helps manage the Material Settings.

Eternal Hobbyist

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 9:21 PM

well I guess I need to wait for P7 before I buy ShaderSpider and Particles 2.3. Now just cross my fingers and see what they have

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

ziggie ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 3:52 AM

Personally... what I would like to see... is parameter dials that don't have a life of their own..!

Dials like they were in P4 and PPP... that stay where they are when you release them and that don't go off for a little wander around...

Always has... always will... be my biggest gripe about P6.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:44 AM

Quote - Freeware ShaderWorks by semidieu, also helps manage the Material Settings.

Where??  Link??

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 1:22 PM

Attached Link: http://poser.rois-sorciers.com/ShaderWorks/

> Quote - > Quote - Freeware ShaderWorks by semidieu, also helps manage the Material Settings. > > Where??  Link??

See attached.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 1:34 PM

Thanks so much!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

joemccarron ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:22 PM

I hope they do even more for animation. The more I think of layers the better it sounds. They aslo said they added motions to the runtime which is very nice. Other animation points I would like to see are:
-integrated puppetmaster
-Some sort of physics: Or at least something so things don't go through the floor so easy. or other types of collisions with soft and hard materials possible.

• some things along the way of Ockhams python scripts but incorporated to be more accessable. (I often cant get them to work right)
    -make dynamic clothes easier to work with.

I'm new to Animation and 3d therefore I would like to know what other tools are out there to help animators that Poser might implement in the future. 

I would also like to see resizable windows.

Overall I'm very excited about P7. If they can deliver what they said so far in a stable format I will be very very happy. Thumbs up to EF.

mouser ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:44 PM

The link

Attached Link: http://poser.rois-sorciers.com/ShaderWorks/

does not work "http 500 error?" is anyone able to reach this?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.